Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for Cowboys Fans

jrockster21

So, a friend of mine here in Houston is a loudmouth, blowhard Cowboys fan (shocker, I know), who likes to talk a lot of ****. But recently, he's been saying that Cowboys fans don't even consider Skins/Cowboys a great rivalry anymore, and that he gets more amped up for Eagles and Giants games.

How do the Puke fans of this board feel? Obviously until recently the series was a little one-sided, but that has been corrected in the past 4 years. So who do you feel is your biggest rival? Do you even care about beating the Skins?

It's still the biggest rivalry to me. My guess is that your friend is younger and is unaware of the history between the Cowboys and Redskins.

Yeah, he's a couple years younger than me. I think you're right - its probably a generational thing for Cowboys' fans.

As a Cowboy fan yes the Redskins/Cowboys seems to be the longest rivalry between NFC east teams but this year I am looking more toward the Boys playing the Eagles, I guess it really all depends on how the other NFC east teams played the Boys the year before and how those games turned out, last year this time I was more interested in how the Boys played against the Giants....so yes as far as history goes the Redskins/Cowboys game will always be great but at the same time I don't think it holds as much drama as it did years ago to allot of Cowboy Fans

So, a friend of mine here in Houston is a loudmouth, blowhard Cowboys fan (shocker, I know), who likes to talk a lot of ****. But recently, he's been saying that Cowboys fans don't even consider Skins/Cowboys a great rivalry anymore, and that he gets more amped up for Eagles and Giants games.

About 4 years ago I'd say he had a right to talk that way, but after the Monday Night Miracle I think Cowboy fans woke up. Then they lost a couple more and had to start the hate again. :)

Redskins are the biggest rivals, but my disdain for the Eagles and much of their fan base is greater after the Irvin and Juravicious incidents. I'm pretty sure that the Juraviciuos thing is the most tasteless and awful thing I've seen a crowd do.

I still care more about winning/losing to the Skins BUT I don't fear them as much as I do the Giants and Eagles. I think that has more to do with the talent of your team than anything. I'll find it hard to replace the Skins as my #1 rivalry team.

I actually hate the Eagles more than either the Giants or Skins. I think that's because most of their fans are obnoxious.

I have a healthy respect for the Giants organization (outside of recents like Barber, Shockey, and Jacobs).

I dont get as jacked up as i do for eagles and giants as i do for the skins. I think its cuz im around **** talkin eagle and giants fans more then anything. i also dont consider the skins a threat, only cuz I dont see u guys as a constant team and never really know what were gonna get from the skins. The giants and eagles always bring something to the table, where the skins its always up in the air.

A lot of Cowboys fans have their top rival based on where their location is. As a Dallas resident, I am more in touch with the historical aspect, not the current aspect. Yeah, currently the Giants may be viewed as our top rival, but that is only current, and that changes. The Skins, however, will always be our top rival, and it will remain that way.

My most hated teams are, in this order:

Skins

Eagles

Giants

With regards to the fan bases of those teams, I order them like this, starting with the worst:

Eagles

Giants

Skins

Obviously until recently the series was a little one-sided,

Kind of answered your own question.

For almost ten years it's been anything but a rivalry. With both teams having less than stellar decades to show for it.

We are looking at a very young fan base that just did not get the best years out of their teams.

My hated top 5 in order :

Redskins

Eagles

9ers

Steelers

Giants

But then I'm 34, and am a 3rd generation fan. :cool2:

a lot of cowboys fans have their top rival based on where their location is. As a dallas resident, i am more in touch with the historical aspect, not the current aspect. Yeah, currently the giants may be viewed as our top rival, but that is only current, and that changes. The skins, however, will always be our top rival, and it will remain that way.

My most hated teams are, in this order:

Skins

eagles

giants

with regards to the fan bases of those teams, i order them like this, starting with the worst:

Eagles

giants

skins

qft

Skins are easily the most hated by me. I obsess with beating them, mostly so i can rub it in the skins fans faces here. :)

But the Gmen are getting up there with their stupid comments. See latest Jacobs comment for proof....

I have a lot of respect for the Eagles. They have a group of players who are not idiots and their coaching staff is respectful of the other team. Their fans on the other hand....blah.

knowledgeable fans for either team should know what the deal is.

the funny thing is, if you ask either team (and i'm talking owner, GM, coach, public relations, human resources, players, practice squad, towel boy), they will tell you hands down that the skins biggest rival is dallas, and vice versa

the funny thing is, if you ask either team (and i'm talking owner, GM, coach, public relations, human resources, players, practice squad, towel boy), they will tell you hands down that the skins biggest rival is dallas, and vice versa

True. But I think that if you were to ask the Eagles and the Giants you would find that they would also say Dallas.

I don't think that their responses would diminish the Dallas-Skins rivalry but I do think that most other teams HATE the Boys.

True. But I think that if you were to ask the Eagles and the Giants you would find that they would also say Dallas.

I don't think that their responses would diminish the Dallas-Skins rivalry but I do think that most other teams HATE the Boys.

true. but i think the main difference is that the cowboys would say the redskins.

its like duke, unc & maryland. the terps may say that duke is their biggest rival, but duke & unc will both acknowledge each other as their biggest rival, which makes their rivalry greater.

(ps..... *#&$ duke, fear the turtle)

true. but i think the main difference is that the cowboys would say the redskins.

its like duke, unc & maryland. the terps may say that duke is their biggest rival, but duke & unc will both acknowledge each other as their biggest rival, which makes their rivalry greater.

(ps..... *#&$ duke, fear the turtle)

Yes to all of the above. (including the ps. *#&$ duke!)

Archived