Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

to view or not to view the redskins

ronnix

please some insight. i live here in tennessee, retired, and miss my redskins. so tired of the titans. i now have directv, and really interested in spending a lot of money for the sunday ticket. my only reservation, is the skins offensive line, looks so bad on paper, and performance the last couple of years. we have no off tackles, especially with chris samuels now getting dinged up often. thomas is always hurt early in the season, and rabach is just not big and strong enough to solidify the line. still, we updated the defense, receivers, and with a little more time i believe jason will be a success at qb. i watched him excell at auburn his junior and senior year. of course, had big tackles, and two great rbs in ronnie brown, and carnell williams. should i take the plunge?

thanks

ron

I do it every year! No matter how good or bad they are. I would implode without the Sunday Ticket.

I also sit there and watch every second of every game. I usually have a house full of people and they know that when the Skins are on, no one else is. When the Skins are off, then it open game, as long as there is not another NFC East matchup.

I'm of the mind that your allegiance to the Redskins, no matter what the state of the offensive line, should be your guiding factor. Imagine if the offensive line dominates this year and you aren't able to witness it because you didn't get Sunday Ticket.

Thank God I can watch Redskins games for free.

You mean even with the cash to spend on it, you wouldn't watch unless you knew we could be great? That's not cool. Now if you couldn't afford it.....no. If you are willing to spend that at all, then it should be to watch your team. There's no way of knowing how good or bad we'll be.

Hey Ron,

at 72 and still willing to pay the extra $$ for the NFL ticket just to watch the Skins is a testament to fanhood. Now, I'm not sure if you meant to say

and really NOT interested in spending a lot of money for the sunday ticket
, but at 72, I'd say you've worked hard enough to enjoy yourself. I'd get the DVR to go along with it so you can pause, rewind, and SloMo at your own leasure. If you can afford to go with the HD, do so. You can literally see the individual blades of grass. Enjoy your football season. I want to hear screaming and yelling coming from Tennessee, give them Titans hell.

I would do it, but if money is a problem you can always get it through torrent ;)

Hey, since I see you posted here, and about torrents haha, I just want to say thanks for uploading those torrents of last years skins games, I am currently downloading many of them!

I live in Florida. I paid for Sunday Ticket last year and thought it was great. However, I get free basic cable and its not worth the $80 per month that I pay during the offseason. Do the math. The teaser rate they offer when you sign up is usually good for a couple of months then they lock you in for a couple of years. I've got Direct TV and am seriously considering getting rid of it.:eaglesuck

My local affiliates show the titans too. But I have the Sunday Ticket, it is worth every cent that is paid for it every year. I don't get the game mix channel or that stuff but the basic package is well worth it.

What kind of question is this lol? We can't get the Sunday ticket because there are too many trees in the way to get direct tv and cutting down trees in Incline Village Lake Tahoe is a huge No-No cause it's a protected forest area. My brother in-law (Vikings fan from Minnesota) and myself go to the bar (which can smoke cigs in too which rules) every Sunday. We all call it going to church and the entire bar is displaced fans. Since i quit playing club soccer at 18 (our club games were on freaking Sundays and involved travel to many places in Maryland when we weren't playing at home in manassas) i havent missed a second of Redskins football. I dont even know what i would do with myself if i had to miss a game. Def do whatever you can to watch Redskins football. Most seasons we only get 16 games too which is just too damn short.

The Hard part about that is waiting a day or two until its up and also not trying to hear the score from anyone.

Like others have said and myself just go out to a sports bar. You meet great people for the most part and also get to watch any game you want while the Skins are between plays or at a commercial break. This also works out for Fantasy football. I know going to the bar costs money too but get something to drink or eat and if you dont have much money just nurse the hell out of your drinks even if its just a coke. We got on such good terms with the bartenders and owner of the bar we go to that we don't even have to order anything if we are short cash one week. Or we can go into the "black book of debt".

So as a fan you're asking if you should watch your team? I am not sure why this is even a thread. I've never lived in the DC area but have not missed one Redskins game as an adult. I've either had the Sunday Ticket or been at a sports bar for every single game, unless I was fortunate enough to attend it. The status of the offensive line should have no bearing on your decision!

Archived