Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wade Phillips found his scapegoat in Brian Stewart, StarTelegram.com

Westbrook36

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1413489.html

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips found his scapegoat in Brian Stewart

By JENNIFER FLOYD ENGEL

jenfloyd@star-telegram.com

Can you believe those idiot Eagles? Hiring Brian Stewart this week as a "special assistant" on defense with speculation in Philly papers that he may be next in line?

Apparently, word has not traveled that Stewart is in over his head.

In coach Andy Reid’s defense, the Cowboys did not start circulating this "info" until Stewart was needed as a scapegoat for what again had been an underwhelming season.

Suddenly, only then, did we learn Stewart was an idiot.

Former Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart is joining the Eagles coaching staff.

He couldn’t line players up much less call a good game. He wasn’t aggressive enough. He was in over his head. By the time the Cowboys were done with Stewart, his reputation had been shredded. And his Valley Ranch employment terminated.

It is hard to argue with Owner Jones firing anybody and everybody after another embarrassing December meltdown. What is slightly confusing was how Stewart as defensive coordinator was the biggest name to actually go to "the woodshed."

What sealed his fate, according to a source, was offensive coordinator Jason Garrett failing to get a job this off-season. Jerry wanted change but knew he could not fire Wade and keep Jason so Stewart became the one to go, fired rather than say the head coach who was in charge of the defense.

*Click Link For Rest of Article*

The facts are that despite the mid-season resurgence of their defense, the pukes' defense sucked down the stretch.

...and, they're not going to be any better this season.

Bbbbbut how can they not be better? They fired that idiot Stewart and let Wade "the genius" Phillips take over. They also have Demarcus Ware who is the best defensive player in football. Their secondary is the best in the division too, so I see a top 5 ranking.

Umm, maybe you didn't realize that Felix Jones is amazing and that's why their defense was bad - he was injured. Also, TO is gone. That should make them more productive. PLUS, let's not forget that Marion Barber is an elite back. I don't want to parade his stats, but he almost broke 1000 yards one year.

becomes game-changers, not merely stat hogs under Wade. And make no mistake; they are more the latter than the former.

This is actually an excellent quote for how I feel about Ware.

Maybe not that starkly, but I think his stats and reputation exceed his actual effect on the game. :2cents:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Their "elite" secondary will be without 5-time pro-bowl safety Roy Williams. That's why their D was so bad last season. No Roy.... :hysterical:

Yeah, they'll definitely make more plays this season. For the opposition when they gamble and give up tons of TDs.

Their "elite" secondary will be without 5-time pro-bowl safety Roy Williams. That's why their D was so bad last season. No Roy.... :hysterical:

Yeah, they'll definitely make more plays this season. For the opposition when they gamble and give up tons of TDs.

Really ?

The Cowboys secondary was bad because Roy "Burnt Toast" Williams was out of the lineup ? Really ?

Stewart had exactly 0 respect from his players. That was the reason. IF you go back and look, the game where he lost the reigns to his defense, he yelled at defensive players and they yelled back at him.

Wade took over after that game and they played lights out for a good while until the last quarter of the Baltimore game and Eagle game.

So whatever you choose to believe guys.

Keep telling yourself the SKINS didn't finish in last place last year....

Wade took over after that game and they played lights out for a good while until the last quarter of the Baltimore game and Eagle game.

Hmmm...the most important games of the year...and please, continue to pooh-pooh that 44-7 drubbing by the Eagles.

You're going to see a lot of those games this year.

Stewart had exactly 0 respect from his players. That was the reason. IF you go back and look, the game where he lost the reigns to his defense, he yelled at defensive players and they yelled back at him.

So whatever you choose to believe guys.

Keep telling yourself the SKINS didn't finish in last place last year....

I don't doubt you when you say the players lacked respect for Stewart, I think the players lacked respect for the entire coaching staff, the problem is it stems from Wade. He's been constantly undercut by Jerry and as a result the vast majority of players realize he ultimately doesn't hold their fates in his hands so why bother bending over to please him. And if you're not going to respect the head coach why would you then need to respect an assistant? I don't think the Cowboys defense getting better under Wade had anything to do with respect, he just took the reigns off of the pass rush.

By The way this is from Matt Mosley's blog from yesterday, and just goes to highlight my point that respect is still a difficult thing for the Cowboys coaching staff to obtain:

Let me be as diplomatic as possible here: The offense was atrocious during Tuesday's session. Tony Romo sits to pee barely had time to get off a pass, and when he did, the ball was dropped by wide receivers. I guess we should expect some of this when a free-agent rookie named Kevin Ogletree is the No. 3 receiver. But still, there are far too many mistakes. All-Pro tight end Jason Witten had a false start and right tackle Marc Colombo joined him a few plays later. But when Jason Garrett tried to repace him with rookie right tackle Robert Brewster, Colombo told the rookie to get lost.
This is something you rarely if ever read or hear about in New York and Philadelphia but its no big deal in Dallas. It's like Dave Campo getting his pants pulled down to his ankles last year by one of his players during the filming of Hard Knocks, it shows a lack of discipline and respect. Ultimately, that will cost you on the field.

It is mind boggling the spin Puke fans put on everything.

The Spin that cowboy fans put on everything.....now that is funny.......All I see is where Redskins talk about how bad the boys passing D is......you do know the boys were 5th best in the NFL last year right?

Archived