Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wade Phillips found his scapegoat in Brian Stewart, StarTelegram.com

Westbrook36

The Spin that cowboy fans put on everything.....now that is funny.......All I see is where Redskins talk about how bad the boys passing D is......you do know the boys were 5th best in the NFL last year right?

That ranking is a bit misleading. They were near the bottom half of the league in INTs and lacked play-making ability in general.

Just as the Redskins #4 ranking was misleading. We lacked sacks and INTs.

I don't doubt you when you say the players lacked respect for Stewart, I think the players lacked respect for the entire coaching staff, the problem is it stems from Wade. He's been constantly undercut by Jerry and as a result the vast majority of players realize he ultimately doesn't hold their fates in his hands so why bother bending over to please him. And if you're not going to respect the head coach why would you then need to respect an assistant? I don't think the Cowboys defense getting better under Wade had anything to do with respect, he just took the reigns off of the pass rush.

By The way this is from Matt Mosley's blog from yesterday, and just goes to highlight my point that respect is still a difficult thing for the Cowboys coaching staff to obtain:

This is something you rarely if ever read or hear about in New York and Philadelphia but its no big deal in Dallas. It's like Dave Campo getting his pants pulled down to his ankles last year by one of his players during the filming of Hard Knocks, it shows a lack of discipline and respect. Ultimately, that will cost you on the field.

Fair points. I have serious questions about this coaching staff as well.

The one positive, if you can call it that, is they got rid of all of the guys who were hard to handle. TO, Ellis, Tank, and Pac are all gone. It should make it easier.

One of my many questions going into this year.

you can tell it's June

all the poke fans that ran off with their tails between their legs after last seasons December debacle (yet again), have come back full of false bravado, talking big, and making excuses for last season, and why this year is suppose to be different.

new year, same old lame poke story

you can tell it's June

all the poke fans that ran off with their tails between their legs after last seasons December debacle (yet again), have come back full of false bravado, talking big, and making excuses for last season, and why this year is suppose to be different.

"It's deja vu all over again" Y. Berra

you know the pokes were 20th in scores allowed

12th against the run

and their Pass D was horrible, they gave up big plays at the worst time, over and over again

It fascinates me how puke fan continue to hang on to meaningless stats...you know, like Romo sits to pee's QB rating...:rotflmao:

Here's a Romo sits to pee QB stat they're not gonna like 0-2 in playoff games...and last year no playoff game.

:jump::jump::jump:

It fascinates me how puke fan continue to hang on to meaningless stats...you know, like Romo sits to pee's QB rating...:rotflmao:

Here's a Romo sits to pee QB stat they're not gonna like 0-2 in playoff games...and last year no playoff game.

:jump::jump::jump:

Kind of like another team that talks about their top 5 D last year and how great it was only to finish last in their division........

Kind of like another team that talks about their top 5 D last year and how great it was only to finish last in their division........

The people I watch exercise are better than the people you watch exercise. I think that makes me a better person.

kind of like watching a team who brags and boasts so much lose their last home game to their bitter rival and then to close out the entire stadium with an embarrassing loss.

but even THAT isnt anything like needing just ONE win and having a chance to do it against another divisional rival and not only choking but looking like some damn HS second stringers.

kind of like watching a team who brags and boasts so much lose their last home game to their bitter rival and then to close out the entire stadium with an embarrassing loss.

but even THAT isnt anything like needing just ONE win and having a chance to do it against another divisional rival and not only choking but looking like some damn HS second stringers.

Baltimore's a bitter rival ?

you can tell it's June

And that's just the media we're talking about. Imagine what their bandwagon fans will do!

Archived