Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pravda: American capitalism gone with a whimper

hokie4redskins

Our descent into similar perils........from a Russian perspective.

Let the leftist dismissals without reading the article commence.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.

Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their "right" to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our "democracy". Pride blind the foolish.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different "branches and denominations" were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the "winning" side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.

These past two weeks have been the most breath taking of all. First came the announcement of a planned redesign of the American Byzantine tax system, by the very thieves who used it to bankroll their thefts, loses and swindles of hundreds of billions of dollars. These make our Russian oligarchs look little more then ordinary street thugs, in comparison. Yes, the Americans have beat our own thieves in the shear volumes. Should we congratulate them?

I stopped at Marxism, I couldn't go any further without my brain leaking. I then tried to start again but I think the author was talking about my constitutional right to capitalism or my constitutional right to no government taxes or spending or something along those lines, so I stopped again before I wanted to put a pencil through my brain.

Pravda? Fo' realz? So now conservatives are using a former Soviet-controlled paper for their positions?

This article has some nuggets of truth, but Pravda often spins their stories into some over-the-top analysis, especially when it relates to the US. And yeah, hearing the "Marxism" bit is an example of that.

Pravda? Fo' realz?

This article has some nuggets of truth, but Pravda often spins their stories into some over-the-top analysis, especially when it relates to the US. And yeah, hearing the "Marxism" bit is an example of that.

Does nobody know what Marxism means?

Mention the word and you're immediately dismissed before you pronounce "xism."

There are, by my count, three major themes, or "nuggets" as you call them, which are indeed true.......as you say. As I predicted, you're quick to dismiss without any effort to address.

Pravda? Fo' realz? So now conservatives are using a former Soviet-controlled paper for their positions?

Dismiss the messenger because you cannot refute the message.

If you have issues with what is being stated then take issue with what is being stated not who is saying it.:chair:

Deny away that we are becoming more Marxist each day then watch as General Motors becomes Government Motors...

Well, if I were to buy into this... I would claim that it was the rightists who killed capitolism... AIG, Fannie, Freddie, energy laws, deregulation that led to monopolies that were too big to fail that became oligarchies, etc.

However, since I don't believe capitalism is dead and rather think that the spirit of entrepeuneurship is still ticking with a strong pulse. I would say that only the spineless, lazy, uninspired, troglodytes who expected capitalism to be handed to them without effort on their part is dead. Capitalism is hard and viscious. Saftey nets are good. Regulations are a mixed bag. Protecting kids is a worthy endeavor.

Capitalism is still alive and well and we are nowhere close to a Marxist state.

If you have issues with what is being stated then take issue with what is being stated not who is saying it.:chair:

Deny away that we are becoming more Marxist each day then watch as General Motors becomes Government Motors...

Any article that starts off with sheeple is not worth the trouble. Same with any article that starts off with "The facist right ....."

They are writing to a certain audience of which I am not a member.

There are, by my count, three major themes, or "nuggets" as you call them, which are indeed true.......as you say. As I predicted, you're quick to dismiss without any effort to address.

Do you? comparing any sort of taxes or government spending this country has undertaken in the past few months is not Marxism.... at all. The second I read or hear that from a person I write them off as a blowhard moron and go about my day.

Please go pick up a book.

Because most people who use the term "Marxism" have never really read any of his material and really cannot discuss the ideology in any meaningful way.

These "nuggets" have little to do with Marxism -- that is the issue. Marx describe a condition in which the working class, the Proletariat, would become aware -- "class consciousness" -- of their exploitation by the Bourgeois, and a revolution of some sort would occur.

Now, does scarfing down burgers and being a half-arsed Christian really sound like any sort of self-awareness?

Edited for horrible, horrible spelling.

I would say that only the spineless, lazy, uninspired, troglodytes who expected capitalism to be handed to them without effort on their part is dead. Capitalism is hard and viscious. Saftey nets are good. Regulations are a mixed bag. Protecting kids is a worthy endeavor.

Ouch.

And thank you for summarizing what I had written over 3 paragraphs (and now deleted). Atleast someone gets it.

;)

Also, just want to add. That we incorporated many of the best ideas of Marxism already. Child labor laws, unions/worker protection, anti-monopoly, etc. This is one of the reasons why the Marxist movement lost its grip in the U.S.

I really do not think GM is a state-controlled nationalized entity in the truest sense. Also, State capitalism and Marxism are not always one-and-the-same. It's difficult for the workers to control an industry if the control and management is elevated to the State level, simply creating another controlling class, much like the bourgeois.

I really do not think GM is a state-controlled nationalized entity in the truest sense. Also, State capitalism and Marxism are not always one-and-the-same. It's difficult for the workers to control an industry if the control and management is elevated to the State level, simply creating another controlling class, much like the bourgeois.

That's exactly why Marx was wrong, he failed to account for a managerial or bureaucratic class of workers.

It's even hard to characterize the People's Republic of China as a Marxist system, more and more businesses have become privately owned.

That's exactly why Marx was wrong, he failed to account for a managerial or bureaucratic class of workers.

It's even hard to characterize the People's Republic of China as a Marxist system, more and more businesses have become privately owned.

Yeah, Marx could never fully describe how the state would "wither away." Ultimately, though, even Engels, decades after the Communist Manifesto was written, had admitted that their original philosophies were difficult to implement in practice. One just cannot assume that a managerial class is going to "wither away" with the State, especially if you NEED that managerial class to run an organization. Even if you have a democratically worker-controlled places of business, you still need SOMEONE to organize things, lest chaos ensues.

That is the entire irony of the situation -- Marx believed that the ultimate outcome of Communism would be a STATELESS society, in that the worker's revolutionary state was supposed to be a transitional, temporary measure

Oh no I dismissed an article and the message based on no form of facts whatsoever and based on faulty opinions. I must be a stupid lib or whatever you call people that disagree with this over the top garbage.

Also, just want to add. That we incorporated many of the best ideas of Marxism already. Child labor laws, unions/worker protection, anti-monopoly, etc. This is one of the reasons why the Marxist movement lost its grip in the U.S.

I think that is actually true -- even Marx himself was amazed by the US, which he considered to be the most progressive on Earth. He was also fascinated by the upward mobility of American culture and the ability for workers and business owners to have more cooperation amongst themselves.

Archived