Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Rodney King type of episode?

isle-hawg

On a side note. Years ago, my brother, drunk, led police on a high speed chase, from Upper Marlboro to the Kenilworth Avenue exit off the Capitol Beltway. Once he pulled over, they yanked him from his car, and 6-8 officers beat the hell out of him. Blacked both eyes, broke one finger, multiple cuts and bruises all over his body.

My brother filed no charges, because even he knew, he deserved every bit of it, and more.

:bsflag: He knew that it'd be pointless because they'd get away with it. If they dragged him from the car, put him in cuffs for crying out loud.
Bloodlust is not something to be celebrated or condoned, especially coming from cops.
QFT.

Both parties got what they deserved. You can't run over a police officer and then start a high speed car chase and expect to get away with it. We all know that officers like to stick up for one another.

However, when you are a police officer, you can't abuse that power. You have to show some restraint(sp?) no matter what the situation is. You take that role when you take the job.

Both parties got what they deserved. You can't run over a police officer and then start a high speed car chase and expect to get away with it. We all know that officers like to stick up for one another.

A long prison stretch says he's not getting away with it.

:bsflag: He knew that it'd be pointless because they'd get away with it. If they dragged him from the car, put him in cuffs for crying out loud.

Oh, he understood the rules of the game. If he doesn't file charges of brutality, he walks, with only traffic violation convictions, and not the fleeting-evading-resisting-assaulting-reckless endangering charges. That's the fair price for being an *******. It's how the legal game is played.

But that doesn't change the fact that he told me, "How the hell can I be pissed at them? I woulda done the same goddamn thing they did, only I wouldn't have pulled my punches. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself, or somebody else."

Not sure what you mean about the cuffs. The beating started before the cuffs were on, and continued afterward as well.

Dumb drunk ****er wouldn't just shut the hell up.:doh:

Oh, he understood the rules of the game. If he doesn't file charges of brutality, he walks, with only traffic violation convictions, and not the fleeting-evading-resisting-assaulting-reckless endangering charges. That's the fair price for being an *******. It's how the legal game is played.

But that doesn't change the fact that he told me, "How the hell can I be pissed at them? I woulda done the same goddamn thing they did, only I wouldn't have pulled my punches. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself, or somebody else."

Not sure what you mean about the cuffs. The beating started before the cuffs were on, and continued afterward as well.

Dumb drunk ****er wouldn't just shut the hell up.:doh:

Guess it's a good thing HE'S not a cop. And if you've cuffed them, "not shutting up" is not an excuse for beating them.

They are paid professional and they know what their job is about. If they can't keep a cool head under pressure than they should have taken jobs in other walks of life.

Moreso than that, I think it reveals the real motive why "a lot" of guys choose to become cops.

I don't think the officers deserved more than a week suspension tops. What would you guys do if someone tried to kill a friend of yours. Would everyone be okay with it and be able to control themselves?

I don't think the officers deserved more than a week suspension tops. What would you guys do if someone tried to kill a friend of yours. Would everyone be okay with it and be able to control themselves?

I'm really starting to wonder how many of you are lunatics. What would I do to a guy that was just ejected from a car involved in a high speed accident that was laying unconscious face down on the ground? I'd call for help! I would have thought this was obvious... but I guess beating a helpless possibly dying man is reasonable to some of you. Incredible.

We aren't talking about a fist fight here. We are talking about beating a man that for all we know could be dead! That ranks pretty highly on the chicken **** meter. In fact I'd take a swing at a friend of mine if I saw him do that.

Archived