Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Rodney King type of episode?

isle-hawg

The story

Five police officers brutally kicked and beat an unconscious suspect after a high-speed chase through Birmingham, Alabama, in an incident caught on camera and discovered a year later.

The five officers have been fired, Mayor Larry Langford said at a news conference Wednesday. An internal inquiry is continuing.

The dashboard-cam footage, which officials believe was shot in January 2008, was aired for reporters Wednesday. It showed the end of a 100-mile-an-hour police chase of a van driven by Anthony Warren, suspected of illegal drug activity. art_icn.gifRead full article »

All About Birmingham (Alabama)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/20/alabama.police.beating/index.html

The victim/suspect gets zero sympathy from me. It looked to me like he tried to run over a policeman and kill him in his 100 MPH chase. I understand easily the reaction of the policeman at the end - but don't at all condone their actions at the end.

They should obviously be more professional than that. Maybe they were loose cannons? Maybe they just have had little faith in the justice system to punish the "victim/suspect" who may have killed if not "just" maimed their co-worker by running over him? Should they have been fired.... Yes.

Should that douche bag in the mini-van get hammered big time? Yes. Hopefully he is on the receiving end of Bubba (not our beloved MOD) for quite some time.;)

What's the point of beating someone who could already be dead?

To ensure he is dead? Some advocate releasing all the GTMO "victims"?

His mini van flips over and he comes flying out and your first thought is to beat him silly?

The cops are paid professionals, but still human. Maybe they thought the victim/criminal killed their friend and partner?

Obviously the police involved in the beating should be fired regardless for this, and face criminal prosecution.

However, people such as Rodney King or this guy should not be classified solely as victims. IMO they too should be prosecuted to the fullest for starting/causing the situation. Not that I think the later will happen.:doh:

I'd assume police officers see each other like brothers and when someone messes around with one of their own they won't stand for it.

The jackass in the minivan tried to run one of them over. The officer was risking his life to lay out that spike strip and this ****ing lunatic tried to kill him?

Nahh man... minivan dude got what he deserved.

lol well aside from the cop beating part and the flee

i mean there were a lot of racial implications with rodney king i think and it was a different climate

obamas president now

haha ok that last part was a joke

but i dont see anything racial from what ive read (and i could be wrong) i dont know their motivation

just cops being excessive with a suspect who fled

edit: i mean i think my problem with saying a rodney king like incident is that it implies either a)the attitude that the suspect "deserved" it or B) that it was some racial hate crime

Spare me the brotherhood crap. If a cop beats up someones brother would you people be on here cheering them on if they put a mob beating of the cop on video? No. You'd want them all to go to prison. These morons that beat up a guy literally seconds after getting into a serious car accident. Getting fired is where their problems should begin. Criminal records keeping them out of law enforcement positions for LIFE should follow.

They are paid professional and they know what their job is about. If they can't keep a cool head under pressure than they should have taken jobs in other walks of life. The **** in the van doesn't worry me... one of those idiots having a bad day while I'm driving through their town is what worries me. Bad cops are 10 times worse than criminals. I'm not convinced that all of them were convinced their friend was hurt and I'm not sympathetic to mob beatings of a guy that isn't even moving.

I'm sorry, if some ******* tried to run over me or some one I know, I'd beat the **** out of him too.

The cops shouldn't have, seeing as they're held to a higher standard of responsibility, but c'mon the dude led them on a 50 mile chase and tried to run one of them over...the guy was actually charged with attempted murder...don't tell me you wouldn't wanna beat the crap outta some one who attempted murder on one of your friends....

I'm sorry, if some ******* tried to run over me or some one I know, I'd beat the **** out of him too.

The cops shouldn't have, seeing as they're held to a higher standard of responsibility, but c'mon the dude led them on a 50 mile chase and tried to run one of them over...the guy was actually charged with attempted murder...don't tell me you wouldn't wanna beat the crap outta some one who attempted murder on one of your friends....

Maybe if the guy was still standing.

Yes but wanting and doing are two different things. Also were not talking about citizens like you or me doing this. These are Officers of the Law, if they don't obey it why should I? Seriously they are trained to handle this kinda stuff. There should be no excuse.

Spare me the brotherhood crap. If a cop beats up someones brother would you people be on here cheering them on if they put a mob beating of the cop on video? No. You'd want them all to go to prison. These morons that beat up a guy literally seconds after getting into a serious car accident. Getting fired is where their problems should begin. Criminal records keeping them out of law enforcement positions for LIFE should follow.

They are paid professional and they know what their job is about. If they can't keep a cool head under pressure than they should have taken jobs in other walks of life. The **** in the van doesn't worry me... one of those idiots having a bad day while I'm driving through their town is what worries me. Bad cops are 10 times worse than criminals. I'm not convinced that all of them were convinced their friend was hurt and I'm not sympathetic to mob beatings of a guy that isn't even moving.

Of course, during the chase, had the purp ran over and killed your wife and kid, you'd still be more afraid of the cops.

******* got LESS than he deserved. Just like Rodney King, they should have just shot him.

controversial statement is controversial

Obviously, I realize some will see it as such. I just see them both as useless pieces of ****, King and this other guilty perpetrator, who deserve to have been shot.

King, when he jumped to his feet, after first laying down on the ground, and moved toward the officer.

And this *******, as soon as the officer walked up on him.

On a side note. Years ago, my brother, drunk, led police on a high speed chase, from Upper Marlboro to the Kenilworth Avenue exit off the Capitol Beltway. Once he pulled over, they yanked him from his car, and 6-8 officers beat the hell out of him. Blacked both eyes, broke one finger, multiple cuts and bruises all over his body.

My brother filed no charges, because even he knew, he deserved every bit of it, and more.

On a side note. Years ago, my brother, drunk, led police on a high speed chase, from Upper Marlboro to the Kenilworth Avenue exit off the Capitol Beltway. Once he pulled over, they yanked him from his car, and 6-8 officers beat the hell out of him. Blacked both eyes, broke one finger, multiple cuts and bruises all over his body.

My brother filed no charges, because even he knew, he deserved every bit of it, and more.

Maybe they just should have shot him instead!

Archived