Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins rookie DT, Antonio Dixon, graduates w/ class

BALLz

This type of story supercedes the Redskins in my opinion. I love reading things like this and I just want the kid to catch on somewhere/anywhere. Maybe he'll play well enough in the preseason to get a look from another team if he truly can't make the Redskins. He has put in the work necessary to make a career out of playing football. Given what he's overcome, I wouldn't bet against him.

Well said. I could not agree more.

I will cheering for him too, and Golston/Montgomery might be "average" players (and Griffin will not be cut, btw), but "learning your playbook and getting a couple sacks in meaningless preseason games against 2nd or 3rd stringers" does not put you on the same level as mediocre NFL players who were draft choices, and have started and been productive for a couple years. Preseason heros get cut all the time.

Again, I hope he does well, but let's not be a homer, and make it sound easier than it really will be, for him to make the team. Keep things in perspective.

You're right! I am making it sound way to easy but at the same time Miami D-linemen get the benefit of the doubt. Plus our Defense had trouble getting off the field late in games due to our lack of pass russ and run stopping ability. For that reason alone everyones job is up for grabs, except 92.

There is one thing I know, if you make plays, you get noticed(Chris Horton compensatory pick 7th round). If you make plays consistently they will find a way to keep you. Furthermore this guy has been through so much adversity, that I truly believe making The Washington Redskins will be one of the easiest obstacles he has had to over come thus far!

of course the Redskins did keep Ryan Boschetti around for 4-5 years at DL :)

I haven't seen Dixon play but I would not be so certain about Lorenzo Alexander. He has not really logged any significant time as a regular on defense in his short career to judge him on.

At age 25/26 Alexander needs to stake his claim to a spot on this club.

Archived