Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll : Most likely source of Offensive improvement

Mickalino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Whoa, the "benching of Campbell" option just went from 2 to 22 in a matter of a couple minutes......after sitting at 2 for a couple hours.....did a Mod do that as a joke ? Or is that for real ?

This poll is obviously being skewed by the haters-

Also where is this mythical better replacement gonna come from? There are only 15 QBs in the league that were better then JC last year, and i don't think one of them is gonna magically land in our laps

sometimes this site is just.....:doh:

http://blog.redskins.com/2009/05/15/meeting-the-coaches-chris-meidt/#continued

Once we get to the point where people can come to training camp or watch preseason games, what should they look for in the quarterback to measure any improvement since last year?

Meidt: "I think he's gonna get the ball out quicker. I think he'll have better decision-making, but I also think we'll have better, more precise routes. I think our protection'll be better. I just think as a football team we'll be better.

"I think it's hard for someone who's not just right in the middle of it to judge, because all they can judge on is the result. And football's just such a process-driven game, such a team game. It's easy to look at the quarterback and think, ball's complete, he did great, ball's incomplete, he stunk. But that's just not how it is."

http://blog.redskins.com/2009/05/15/meeting-the-coaches-chris-meidt/#continued

Whoa, the "benching of Campbell" option just went from 2 to 22 in a matter of a couple minutes......after sitting at 2 for a couple hours.....did a Mod do that as a joke ? Or is that for real ?

Yeah... If you log out you can vote as many times as you want I think?

Good poll. Like some others, I can't bring myself to name just one reason, but I think I can narrow it down to three:

-Added O-lone depth/youth (I think the additional depth/competition is more important than any of the new guys necessarily winning starting jobs)

-Campbell's improvement/offense's familiarity with Zorn's system (exact same thing in my eyes)

-Emergence of D.Thomas (or Kelly, I don't care which but at this point I'm really liking Devin, his attitude, and his chances of breaking out)

well, I do know one mod who'd like to see Campbell benched.
This poll is obviously being skewed by the haters-

Also where is this mythical better replacement gonna come from?

Yeah... If you log out you can vote as many times as you want I think?

Usually when a Mod does it, it's some wild number in the hundreds, and I tried logging out and voting and that didn't work, so my guess is all the "Colt Lovers" just now woke up. :silly:

Usually when a Mod does it, it's some wild number in the hundreds, and I tried logging out and voting and that didn't work, so my guess is all the "Colt Lovers" just now woke up. :silly:

I just logged out and voted for Devin Thomas and it worked for me. So take one away from him.

Edit: I voted for Kelly the first time.

"Benching of Campbell due to performance and addition of better replacement"

Nice to see that's the leading choice among voters.

You'd think people would have gotten a clue after the insertion of Todd Collins into the starting lineup resulted in a complete 180 for our offense...

You'd think people would have gotten a clue after the insertion of Todd Collins into the starting lineup resulted in a complete 180 for our offense...

"I think it's hard for someone who's not just right in the middle of it to judge, because all they can judge on is the result. And football's just such a process-driven game, such a team game. It's easy to look at the quarterback and think, ball's complete, he did great, ball's incomplete, he stunk. But that's just not how it is."

How true

(I read that post too about Chris Meidt and it was a very good read)

Like I said above. these polls are easily skewed. I really dont think there are that many who feel that there is a better replacement for Campbell on the team right now.

Overall offensive players getting more familiar and acclimated to Zorn's system

After hearing even the lineman explain how they were kind of confused with the new system Im hoping its going to be everyone from DT learning how to run routes, MK getting himself healthy, FD making himself another weapon in the arsenal, the line getting it, Campbell taking another step, Zorn figuring out what works etc etc

Now Its kind of a cop out answer, but I dont think its going to happen any other way if it happens at all.

Since that's in quotation marks, did someone else say that, besides you ?

And if so, who ?

IF we do better... which I doubt because not a lot has changed for the offense from last year. We'll have Dockery back and Thomas will be back from injuries and healthier... but if we do better it has to be because Campbell has improved greatly.

but other than that.. defenses will only have to watch film from last season to know how to mess with us...

which is blitz Campbell a lot.

Wow half the voters so far have chosen Campbell's replacement due to poor performance. Seems his support on here has dwindled.

Or a few people voting multiple times stacked the vote which was going in a totally different direction a day ago. ;)

Archived