Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Perfect Day for a Cookout. Suggestions?

HRNY4ZRNY

As I sit here enjoying this beautiful weather, it dawns on me that today will be great to cookout. Im thinking of Steaks in Jack Daniels sauce, cold beer, deviled eggs and pickled sausages. Listening to some good music and just enjoying life.

Man I can't wait for the start of the NFL season... Does anyone have any suggestions for my cookout? Any cool easy ideas? :D

So far here are the suggestions. All to be grilled Corn, Watermelon, Pineapple, Skewers, Lamb Kabobs, Ham steak, Romaine, Asparagus, Wings, Sweet potatoes, Butterflied Shrimp. Turning into a heck of a pot luck.

Grilled romaine is good too... just strip the outer leaves... cut it in half... brush with olive oil and salt and pepper it...

Throw it on for a couple min each side..

very good served with a little bit of vinigrette

For the corn Do you boil it in water first then put it on the grill, or just wrap it in tin foil or something. Sounds good...

My father-in-law always does it. He cooks it in the husk. I think he soaks it in water for a little bit before grilling, but not long. I'm sure you kind google it, or someone here will know.

Grilled romaine is good too... just strip the outer leaves... cut it in half... brush with olive oil and salt and pepper it...

Throw it on for a couple min each side..

very good served with a little bit of vinigrette

I will have to try that this summer

Seedless watermelon.

Hit watermelon wedges with a little olive oil then onto a hot charcoal grill for about 30-45 seconds a side. A little salt as soon as you flip them/pull them off.

Nirvana.

Yeah that sounds wierd but I actually have a watermelon in the fridge right now so I will probably try it.

For the corn Do you boil it in water first then put it on the grill, or just wrap it in tin foil or something. Sounds good...

Well I soak the corn, husk and all for a good hour in water. Then I toss them on the grill, husk and all to roast.

The husk keeps them moist.

Well I soak the corn, husk and all for a good hour in water. Then I toss them on the grill, husk and all to roast.

The husk keeps them moist.

Cool thanks... Do you peel off the husks at the end and just put the corn on the grill for a couple minutes to get the chared marks?

Good corn recipe for the grill = wrap in two layers of aluminum foil with some crushed ice and butter.

Potatoes are good cooked on the grill too. I think you just put some olive oil and pepper on them and wrap in aluminum foil.

Chicken wings tossed in a little oil and seasoning. Grill 'em crispy. Toss them in Frank's hot sauce (their hotter sauce or add plenty tabasco) or Frank's wing sauce.

Ham steak. Its already cooked but sear it on the hot grate and get the fat crispy. Great with corn.

Large shrimp, butterflied, shell on. Toss them in olive oil with old bay seasoning. cook meat side down for a minute or two then flip. Tastes like little lobsters when grilled right. If you get small shrimp then skewer them, shell on or off. I prefer on.

Chicken wings tossed in a little oil and seasoning. Grill 'em crispy. Toss them in Frank's hot sauce (their hotter sauce or add plenty tabasco) or Frank's wing sauce.

Ham steak. Its already cooked but sear it on the hot grate and get the fat crispy. Great with corn.

Large shrimp, butterflied, shell on. Toss them in olive oil with old bay seasoning cook meat side down for a minute or two then flip. Tastes like little lobsters when grilled right. If you get small shrimp then skewer them, shell on or off. I prefer on.

Those sound really good especially the shrimp. Ham steak seems unusual but interesting.

Cool thanks... Do you peel off the husks at the end and just put the corn on the grill for a couple minutes to get the chared marks?

Don't worry about the char marks. The corn will be great like it is. Oh and you can leave it in the husk to continue cooking/stay piping hot for a good while after you take it off the grill if you aren't ready to eat it quite yet. Careful when you peel it cuz its gonna be hot as hell!

Might wanna clip the silk and any protruding leaves off. Sometimes they dry out and catch fire.

Archived