Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Perfect Day for a Cookout. Suggestions?

HRNY4ZRNY

if I wasn't posting this at 4 PM, I would say do a boston butt and make pulled pork...but that would take way too long.

So..just make some nice steaks.

Last Sunday me and my brother smoked a pork butt with hickory and made pork bbq sandwiches. So damn good! I love bbq!

Sweet. I smoked my first one two weekends ago. It was my first time doing it and it turned out well.
What did you smoke yours in? We have a charcoal smoker that we use. I also found Hickory Wood Chunks at Harris Teeter, they are awesome. What flavor wood chips did you use?

Also I think I decided I am going to make Marks Sunshine burgers tonight. Now I just need to figure out what beer I want to drink... Decisions decisions.

What did you smoke yours in? We have a charcoal smoker that we use. I also found Hickory Wood Chunks at Harris Teeter, they are awesome. What flavor wood chips did you use?

Also I think I decided I am going to make Marks Sunshine burgers tonight. Now I just need to figure out what beer I want to drink... Decisions decisions.

I used my Chargriller Smokin' Pro grill. That thing is awesome. I used hickory wood chunks as well. I think next time I would like to use a few apple wood chunks as well.

How did you grill the corn? I have a really good grilled corn recipe that is pretty easy.

My girlfriend bought corn without the husk so we boiled it for awile. Then we threw it on the grill towards the end and put butter and old bay on it. You know a better way to do it?

My girlfriend bought corn without the husk so we boiled it for awile. Then we threw it on the grill towards the end and put butter and old bay on it. You know a better way to do it?

I know an awesome way to do it. I take all of the corn out of the husks and then rub all of the ears down with olive oil (they get slippery). You can season them with black pepper if you want. Throw them on there, and I wish I knew how long, but I just eyeball them. I can update this post later with a more specific time, but I wait until a few of the kernels start to get a little brown. Obviously you're rotating the corn to prevent burning.

Then, I finish the corn on the grill with a flavored butter. Most recently I made a chipotle butter with a can of chipotles in adobo and regular butter. I think I used a half stick and maybe one chipotle with some adobo sauce. I made the chipotle into a paste in the food processor and then combined with the melted butter. When you have your butter, you just brush the ears while still on the grill when they're almost finished. It comes out awesome - different than corn you boil or grill in the husk and then butter at the table since you don't have to butter it. I've gotten nothing but compliments when I grill my corn.

You can finish it a lot of different ways, and that's the fun part. Lots of times I'll have herb butter on hand and melt some of that and finish the corn with it. The basic way I start the corn is to rub in olive oil and just throw on the grill though - I'd say medium heat.

I know an awesome way to do it. I take all of the corn out of the husks and then rub all of the ears down with olive oil (they get slippery). You can season them with black pepper if you want. Throw them on there, and I wish I knew how long, but I just eyeball them. I can update this post later with a more specific time, but I wait until a few of the kernels start to get a little brown. Obviously you're rotating the corn to prevent burning.

Then, I finish the corn on the grill with a flavored butter. Most recently I made a chipotle butter with a can of chipotles in adobo and regular butter. I think I used a half stick and maybe one chipotle with some adobo sauce. I made the chipotle into a paste in the food processor and then combined with the melted butter. When you have your butter, you just brush the ears while still on the grill when they're almost finished. It comes out awesome - different than corn you boil or grill in the husk and then butter at the table since you don't have to butter it. I've gotten nothing but compliments when I grill my corn.

You can finish it a lot of different ways, and that's the fun part. Lots of times I'll have herb butter on hand and melt some of that and finish the corn with it. The basic way I start the corn is to rub in olive oil and just throw on the grill though - I'd say medium heat.

That grilled corn sounds pretty epic.

Very epic, I agree. I would melt the butter and put old bay in it.

Archived