Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick the Best GM in the NFL (if you could choose one to be the Redskins GM)

redskin_fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd go with Newsome over Polian. I haven't been super impressed with his draft choices the last few years. If it weren't for Manning, he'd be considered old news. You can't really say he's great based on what he did 20 years ago. I'm sorry, but that was a different era.

He won Exec of the Year in 1999, marking the biggest turn around in NFL history, going from 3-13 to 13-3.

For their recent drafts, they've gotten at least two or three very solid contributors if not starters, including guys like Anthony Gonzalez, Pierre Garcon, Clint Session, Mike Pollack, etc.

Bill Polian is only any good because he has Peyton Manning winning games for him... if the Colts lost to the Rams this week I bet a bunch of you will be saying he sucks...
Only a fool would be saying Bill Polian sucks, even if the Colts lost 35-0 to the Rams this weekend. He has arguably the best track record of any current GM in the NFL.

Thomas Dimitroff from Atlanta got my vote. He is young and has turned around a franchise in complete meltdown into a legit contender on a dime, completley retooling the offense as the key factor in this.

That, ladies and gentleman, is exactly the task in hand here in Washington.

Anybody not named Vinny who owns a pin and a blindfold would be an upgrade though.

I voted Rob Brzezinski but Kevin Colbert and Ozzie Newsome are close. I think Rob does really well by getting the right players in the organisation, the players he brings in just perfectly fit in the team (see. AP, Farve, Harvey, Loadholt, Jared Allen, Griffin....). And he knows that football games will be won by the big guys up front, some GM/owners don't see that :P .

Updat: Wauw 14 people chose Vinny.....does Vinny have 14 accounts on extremeskins?

Dimitroff..after the Mike Vick arrest this guy brought in the players and reached the playoffs...

I know he is an odd ball pick but...hey..Micheal Turner/Matt Ryan Franchise QB and RB in the same year not bad...

i also voted for dimitroff. he took a franchise in total disarray and in one year turned them into a playoff contender.

Polian does a great job and the Colts are always, always picking near the bottom of each round. Tarik Glenn retired abruptly after the Super Bowl and they just plugged in a new LT and I don't even know who he is.

But Polian did.

That would be Tony Ugoh and they actually traded a 2008 first round pick to trade back into the 2007 second round to pick him. He was benched at the start of this season for a 2006 6th round pick called Charlie Johnson.

At least our latest left tackle who needs benching was a free agent and did not cost us a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Even Polian blows picks sometimes.

That would be Tony Ugoh and they actually traded a 2008 first round pick to trade back into the 2007 second round to pick him. He was benched at the start of this season for a 2006 6th round pick called Charlie Johnson.

At least our latest left tackle who needs benching was a free agent and did not cost us a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Even Polian blows picks sometimes.

Good info man.

But our starting QB who may need benching cost us a 1st, 3rd, and 4th. ;)

Archived