Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Problems with Redskins thinking

dahibachi

Reading through the message boards... looking at countless hours of ESPN... on nfl.com .... all i read is that the Skins are in hot pursuit of Mark Sanchez and willing to move up to #4 to get him.... From what i hear the Skins front office is concerned with JC's drop off last season and that in order to keep him past this year, it would take franchise money... BUT i think there are some flaws in that thinking

For one, we move up to #4 to take Sanchez, we would have to pay him contract money right away.... maybe something like 6 years 55 mil with bonuses... maybe more then that.

Two we would have to trade JC to make this move in order to prevent us from having to deal even more picks which means Sanchez would most likely start right away. If not right away, by mid season cuz as good a backup Todd Collins is, he cannot lead a team for an entire year in my opinion

Three we would still be left with holes at LB and DL. We made an $100 million investment in Haynesworth. Get him help. There are a lot of talented DEs and LBs for us to choose at #13 and we wouldn't have to shell a fortune to him.

At the end of the day, I think Campbell can at the VERY least be solid this year. Lets see if our young recievers Thomas, Kelley, and Davis finally show up this year. If he doesn't work out, guess what? Hes a Free Agent and next years draft will have Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy and possibly more. No need to jump on Sanchez... who in my opinion isn't worth a 4th pick and a bunch of money.

Reading through the message boards... looking at countless hours of ESPN... on nfl.com .... all i read is that the Skins are in hot pursuit of Mark Sanchez and willing to move up to #4 to get him.... From what i hear the Skins front office is concerned with JC's drop off last season and that in order to keep him past this year, it would take franchise money... BUT i think there are some flaws in that thinking

For one, we move up to #4 to take Sanchez, we would have to pay him contract money right away.... maybe something like 6 years 55 mil with bonuses... maybe more then that.

Two we would have to trade JC to make this move in order to prevent us from having to deal even more picks which means Sanchez would most likely start right away. If not right away, by mid season cuz as good a backup Todd Collins is, he cannot lead a team for an entire year in my opinion

Three we would still be left with holes at LB and DL. We made an $100 million investment in Haynesworth. Get him help. There are a lot of talented DEs and LBs for us to choose at #13 and we wouldn't have to shell a fortune to him.

At the end of the day, I think Campbell can at the VERY least be solid this year. Lets see if our young recievers Thomas, Kelley, and Davis finally show up this year. If he doesn't work out, guess what? Hes a Free Agent and next years draft will have Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy and possibly more. No need to jump on Sanchez... who in my opinion isn't worth a 4th pick and a bunch of money.

Just keep in mind the time of year, the eve before the draft and this is still speculation weather you want to believe it or not.

The Redskins drafted 10 players last year; this year they enter the weekend with only five picks. Compounding the sting is the fact that the three players acquired for the traded selections Jason Taylor (second round), Pete Kendall (fourth) and Erasmus James (seventh) are no longer with the team.

http://wcbstv.com/nationalwire/22.0....kins-Draft.xml

god save us :doh:

When Washington was a power house they had Bobby Bethard and Charley Casserly scouting, acquiring, and developing quality players throughout the draft each year, and they won the hearts and minds of the Redskins Nation. These draft selections include Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, Mark May, Dexter Manley, Russ Grimm, Brian Mitchell, Stephen Davis, Joe Washington, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Charlie Brown, Frank Wycheck, Art Monk, Charles Mann, and Gary Clark. Most these picks were not 1st picks, but rather players that complement the system.

Watching how Vinnie and the rest of FO run things now I t is so disappointing.

I love how people think that this is some "smokescreen." Think about it. This is a pretty elaborate attempt at a smoke screen. The Cutler thing, now this? Yeah...I'm gonna stick my neck out there, as I do often, and say that this is probably not a smokescreen. I'm starting to see a little bit of fire as we walk closer to the trail of smoke, if you know what I mean. The Skins are going to make a run at Sanchez, that's for sure. I say this in light of today's news from Paolantonio and JC's reported reaction.

Sal is usually a pretty reliable source, and JC is never in the news with regard to quote's of disdain for the Redskins (disdain is a little strong but you get the point). This thing is real, and obviously the Skins see Sanchez as a potential Pro Bowl type qb. And, they mustn't think that Campbell is the answer, nor do 95% of the reasonable educated football fans out there. One more year in the same system could spell disaster for this franchise in 2010 if he flops or stays stagnant.

Campbell is just not the prototypical WCO guy, and apparently the coaches and FO guys don't want to force a square peg into a round hole. I like the Skins thinking. I thought they'd never drop a Gibbs draft pick. Glad to see they're thinking with their heads and not their hearts. It's cut throat baby and Campbell is a softy...a nice guy, but a softy...and I personally don't want a softy as the qb for the team a cheer for. Give me the gritty guy, the vocal leader, or the gun-slinger that knows when to sling it and when to pull it back. I don't know if Sanchez is that guy, but I know that Campbell is not, at least at present time.

When Washington was a power house they had Bobby Bethard and Charley Casserly scouting, acquiring, and developing quality players throughout the draft each year, and they won the hearts and minds of the Redskins Nation. These draft selections include Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, Mark May, Dexter Manley, Russ Grimm, Brian Mitchell, Stephen Davis, Joe Washington, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Charlie Brown, Frank Wycheck, Art Monk, Charles Mann, and Gary Clark. Most these picks were not 1st picks, but rather players that complement the system.

Watching how Vinnie and the rest of FO run things now I t is so disappointing.

Not to quibble, because I agree with the post, but Jacoby, J. Washington, and Gary Clark weren't drafted by the Skins. Jacoby was an undrafted free agent, they traded for Washington, and picked up Clark from the USFL as a FA.

Whether you like Campbell or not I think we all can agree that Sanchez is not the answer. Neglecing the holes on our offensive line, defensive line and linebacking core would put us exactly where the detroit lions are now after they drafted wide recievers in concencutive drafts

if we are going to draft a qb i would rather us wait until next season and make a play for a qb. this draft seems to be really deep at offensive line and i would love for us to take the opportunity to bring in a couple of guys that can contribute.

if we are going to draft a qb i would rather us wait until next season and make a play for a qb. this draft seems to be really deep at offensive line and i would love for us to take the opportunity to bring in a couple of guys that can contribute.

This makes too much sense. Unfortunately, the FO doesn't see it that way.

So you'd rather likely suffer another non playoff season, then draft a rookie next year who probably has to sit another year, forcing us to extend JC for at least a couple of years, or bringing in a journeyman QB?

i'd rather get Sanchez now so he can begin to learn our system. The sooner you make the decision that we need a different QB, the sooner he can start learning the offense.

Archived