Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Mock draft 3.0

bubba9497

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-mock-draft.htm

Click link for entire article

Mock draft 3.0: No. 1 pick is Matt Stafford's to lose now

USA TODAY's NFL team offers its second round of projections for how the first round of the NFL draft will play out on April 25. See the first version here and second version here.

#13 Washington Redskins

Jim Corbett - Andre Smith, T, Alabama

Nate Davis - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

Derek Harper - Everette Brown, DE, Florida State

Sean Leahy - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Matt Pitzer - Michael Oher, T, Mississippi

Rob Rang - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Larry Weisman - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

Scott Zucker - Andre Smith, T, Alabama

Id be fine with any of those picks except tyson jackson and Ayers at the 13th spot.

If RAK isn't there,I wouldn't mind Everette Brown.The defense needs this chance to grab an elite pass rusher,to not only justify the Haynesworth signing but to start getting shorter fields for our offense. I hope they trade back to get brown,hopefully aquiring another 3rd.

hype goes a long way. here's to hoping Orakpo falls

He won't fall. We won't get one of the OT's either. My feeling is that one of two things will happen. We will take the best DE out there left available or move up to grab Sanchez.

I used to get excited about the draft. With all the Sanchez stuff this year, I feel like it's splitting the team from the ownership and hurting the Skins in the long run. I am at the point that I just want all the draft stuff to be over.

I do think it will be one of the more interesting drafts in recent years, but that will be because of a lot of trading this year. After the first 5 spots, I don't think many teams will be in their original draft order. Lot's of current players out there on the trading block this year. I think it is going to have a pretty big effect on the draft.

I plan on planting myself on the couch at 3:55 PM on Saturday and watching it until it goes off in HD.

I'm strting to lean towards the guy from LSU. Orakpo's weight is starting to scare me. If he can't take roids he may slip off to nothing.

I think the same thing...but still wanna draft the guy. Warped I know, they said that when he came in as a freshman he was between 160 and 170lbs. Something is going on there to add that much weight in 3 years.

In the first version Matt Pitzer has us taking Jeremy Maclin and in the second version, Darrius Heyward-Bey. A receiver? With the 13th pick? :whoknows: Glad to see that in 3.0 he finally did a little research on the subject and found out that we do not need anymore receivers and that we need O-lineman.

I'm strting to lean towards the guy from LSU. Orakpo's weight is starting to scare me. If he can't take roids he may slip off to nothing.

Has there ever been any sort of rumor or accusation or test even indicating that he was doing any steroids? Just because he had the frame to put on a bunch of muscle and worked his ass off in the weight room to do it doesn't mean he was juicing. And as far as Tyson Jackson...I think he projects more as a 3-4 DE. The only thing he would really provide us is run stopping. We would be drafting a younger Phillip Daniels at #13 overall.

doesn't have a fast first step off the snap...unlike Maybin

Yeah, it is interesting...Orakpo, Brown, and Maybin all have specific things that make them stand out.

Orakpo has the raw strength and closing speed.

Brown has some amazing pass rush moves and anticipation.

Maybin has an elite first step.

What to do, what to do. :D

Neither is Ayers.

Exactly. Jackson had more than twice as many sacks in his 4 years as Ayers (19.5 vs. 9), and the same number of tackles for loss (31.5). As far as pass-rushing goes, Jackson is a lot closer to Orapko (22 career sacks), Brown (23) and Maybin (16) than he is to Ayers.

Archived