Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lacrosse season update

rdsknbill

OK, I know that I have been popping in and out of the Owned thread, but I wanted to give a mid season report on my Lax team.

After last night's thrashing of York Catholic and a HUGE win over Susquehannock (previously undefeated) on Thursday. Our team stands at 10-0 and going about our business to finish the season 18-0 and make some serious noise in the District 3 and State playoffs.

(Some press)

http://yorkdispatch.inyork.com/yd/search/ci_12163618?IADID=Search-yorkdispatch.inyork.com-

http://www.fox43.com/pages/fox43_sports (Click on Red Lion lacrosse)

20090417_064434_090416%20RL%20vs%20Sus%20Lax%203_GALLERY.jpg

The above player is going to the Naval Academy. OUTSTANDING player

20090417_064352_090416%20RL%20vs%20Sus%20Lax_GALLERY.jpg

This one is talking about the Marines. I however have some colleges coaches that have him on their radar for a scholarship

I have been coaching most of these young men since they were gangly little boys and I couldn't be more proud of how they are progressing as a TEAM unit and as maturing adults.

Today is senior prom at Red Lion so naturally, we gave the boys the day off. My son is going off to prom in my Tahoe (after I clean it up) with his GF and I am starting to come to the realization that alot of these young men, my son included, that have been a part of my life for so many years will be scattered around the country in a few months. Some off to college, some to the military.

At the end of the day I hope, in some small way, I had a positive effect on their maturing process and that I did my best to teach them to be mentally strong, make good decisions on and off the field, and live with a respect that never wavers. Respect for each other, respect for other people, and respect for the game.

Sorry for the rant but these are "My BOYS"

I remember back in the day having my butt handed to me when I first tried out in Lacrosse, thinking I was going to be the second coming of Jim Brown.

Then a smaller redheaded kid and a guy into Dungeons and Dragons put the school in schooling me.

I caught up about 3 months later.

Bill's first pic is Steve (Pimp Hand) United States. The second is Brad (The Brad) Sisson.

Bill offered me a chance to be on his sideline in 2006 as an assisitant, I was the trainer/manager. I got to meet and help/coach these two young men, along with the other talented boys on the team. We won the first county championship of Bill's coaching caree that year. I like to think that alot of it had to do with me on the sidelins, but I know better.

Coach Bill commands respect, but at the same time he earns it. He's been a part of his players' lives, from childhood, into young men. The players' parents love him too.

The refs have a nickname for Coach Bill, they call him "The Voice". He's a very loud, deep voiced coach. Opposing team's parents think he's a hardass, ******** coach, but the RL parents know better.

I'm no longer a part of Bill's coaching staff, he's a paid coach and the school has a paid trainer, but I still go and watch as many games that I can. These guys are excitnig to watch, and Bill has coached them to play the way they do.

Bill's first pic is Steve (Pimp Hand) United States. The second is Brad (The Brad) Sisson.

Bill offered me a chance to be on his sideline in 2006 as an assisitant, I was the trainer/manager. I got to meet and help/coach these two young men, along with the other talented boys on the team. We won the first county championship of Bill's coaching caree that year. I like to think that alot of it had to do with me on the sidelins, but I know better.

Coach Bill commands respect, but at the same time he earns it. He's been a part of his players' lives, from childhood, into young men. The players' parents love him too.

The refs have a nickname for Coach Bill, they call him "The Voice". He's a very loud, deep voiced coach. Opposing team's parents think he's a hardass, ******** coach, but the RL parents know better.

I'm no longer a part of Bill's coaching staff, he's a paid coach and the school has a paid trainer, but I still go and watch as many games that I can. These guys are excitnig to watch, and Bill has coached them to play the way they do.

Thanks Bry.

That's the end of the updates. No one gives a **** anyway

Nice work Bill... it's great seeing that the boys are having so much success after such a long and hard fight to even HAVE lacrosse. aside from the thrill of victory, it must be nice to give the powers that be at Red Lion Schools a big **** you! :)

Its great to see someone else around here interested in Lacrosse and congrats on the season so far! I have been trying to find a summer league to play in. There is one back home that my old teammates are putting together but they are having it Friday nights at 6 and its a little hard to make it down there on a Friday night. Oh well, the search continues! Hopefully, once my life calms down a bit, I can find some time to coach. It is such a great sport to be around!

Bill, Great job on the season so far!

My daughter found a shirt she just HAS to have, it reads:

"You wish you could throw like a girl"

with a shadow pic of a girl lacrosse player

and of course her ol' standby tshirt:

"Think of me as the wall you should have practiced on"

and Sunday she had 3 ground ball pickups, 2 passes deflected, and 2 passes intercepted in a 13-8 victory 8)

Brag away DAD!!! That is awesome!

Thanks Bill! and I agree with the earlier poster, keep this thread going all season long. It's an interesting mix of lacrosse and high school sports politics that you've gone through.

Archived