Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to speeding cameras in MD

gbear

They need them on the beltway IMHO.. people drive like morons and the police in MD are a joke, except for the state boys. If people knew they were there, they would slow the hell down.. i mean why do people want to get to a traffic backup 5 miles down the road faster? heh

I've been feeling like I've been having to drive so slowly out here in VA. In California the limit is 65 everywhere, and nobody really goes under 75....I was on the toll road this morning and trying to stay at 62mph was tough

I'm good about the Stationary ones, but the ****ing Minivans that say "Safe Speed" ****ing kill me. I got caught the other day in the Kentlands by one. Mostly because the **** in front of me was driving crazy slow, so I was all worked up and passed him and got hit with one. I should have known:doh:

reading is important here. work zones and school zone is where the state will put them.

those of you in MoCo should be a little happy. The 10mph "grace" is being risen to 12mph.

Your signature screams "I am unreasonable. Do not read my posts." Therefore, I did not read your post.

Great..

They suck enough in MoCo to add more around the state.. wonderful. Maybe though the new law will take away the Temp Vans and only allow Pole Cameras. The state will prob be less strict about them as MoCo is.

But whatever, I have 4 months left until I leave for IU, so I'll be getting away from all this ****, thank God.

The Brookeville camera got me a couple weeks ago. ****.

There's a new camera on Rt 108 between Dr Bird Rd. and Sandy Spring. Don't ask me why I know that. :silly:

There's a new camera on Wilson Lane in Bethesda in the Residential section but close to downtown Bethesda.

I didn't know about the Dr. Bird one...there's also the one on Georgia right before you get into Olney...

I didn't know about the Dr. Bird one...there's also the one on Georgia right before you get into Olney...
Yes - that one hasn't gotten me yet. :)

There's two on Conn Ave in Chevy Chase, two blocks before the DC line, both sides of the street.

They're all over the place in Rockville. There must be a hundred. It's ridiculous.

set the cruise control on 9 over and forget about it.

You cant do that in the DC AREA unless you on the beltway during non rush hours, there are just too many lights/stop signs/traffic around here to be able to effectively use cruise control, have to save that for when you get away from the area on main roads/interstates.

You cant do that in the DC AREA unless you on the beltway during non rush hours, there are just too many lights/stop signs/traffic around here to be able to effectively use cruise control, have to save that for when you get away from the area on main roads/interstates.
...And they all slow down to 5 under whenever they think there might be a camera. And when you finally break free from the ****s, you get nailed by a new camera you didn't know about.... :doh:

The new ones on 108 are right before you get to Sherwood Elementary.

So on 108 as soon as you are passing the vet office on the right [heading towards clarksville] you hit the turn, the camera is right there. On the way towards olney, you pass the barn on your right, and the cameras are right there too.

Archived