Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Campbell developing into Joe Montana?

PROSCOUT

On the same day we couldn't even get a 2nd rounder for him and Kyle Orton was chose as a better QB then him JC is compared to Joe Montana?!?!?!? Really?!?!? WOW

:hysterical: :hysterical:

It's only some in Redskins Nation think that Campbell is more than an average/medicore qb.Seems like the rest of the league has it figured out already.

What that tells me is that he is mercurial and that when someone must defend the indefensible that signals a break with reality? After all, who is he going to root for?

;)

That said, he's right that we should support Jason if he's going to be our QB and that things very well could change but I think it's not on the line or the receivers but on him.

Meh, Jason has a contract year to prove he can lead this team to the promised land. He and Zorn will be tied at the hip. If he wants to stick around or even audition for another team, he'd better play like Joe Montana.

joe montana??? really come on bro. The Broncos wanted Quinn and Orton over JC. Kyle frickin Orton bro. All the picks we gave up to get Campbell and we at best could get a

third round pick back.

dude, i know youre an "inside source". go to the park tomorrow and make sure we trade campbell and get jeff garcia, or allow colt to start.

its all up to you now, teams are taking kyle orton over jason campbell.

and whoever said he averaged 16 TDs a season, thats pure stupidity. there were strike shortened seasons, years where he was injured, and his first two years where he wasnt the starter.

he had years of 26, 28, 27, 31, 26, 26, and the year he threw 17 in 82 that led the league due to the short season. thats 7 extremely good seasons.

campbell hasnt had one, and his most TDs in a full 16 game season is 13. thats pathetic. ugh this is insanity. next im gonna see that campbell is better than peyton manning, and the sad thing is, a good number of you will believe it/argue for it.

Listen! I am so happy that we didn't get Cutler. We didn't meed to trade our draft picks cause we do this every off season. Campbell is on his contract year and this is what will make him or break him as far as a starter in the NFL. We deserve to keep him for this year cause he's going to put up MAD states I PROMISE! Cutler and Rivers are perfect for each other all they do is complain! Since JC has been has been the League he has had 4 different offensive coordinators all I'm saying is give the man a chance! He is our QUARTERBACK!!! Male or break season for Campbell

I wasn't old enough to appreciate Joe Monatana in his prime, but I think taking a quick glance at the numbers says something's wrong with your assessment. Your average includes:

1979 - 1 Start, 1 TD

1980 - 7 Starts, 15 TD

1982 - 9 Starts, 17 TD

1986 - 8 Starts, 8 TD

1992 - 1 GAME, 2 TD

And his dwindling years in Kansas City.

Meanwhile, the 49ers offense ranked in scoring and yardage:

P.S. (Montana's stats) AND THATS WITH THE SAME COACH, SAME SYSTEM, AND JERRY RICE ALL FOUR YEARS IN A ROW.

1981 - 7, 13

1982 - 7, 3

1983 - 4, 4

1984 - 2, 2

1985 - 5, 2

1986 - 7, 3

1987 - 1, 1

1988 - 7, 2

1989 - 1, 1

1990 - 8, 2

1991 - 3, 3

You also said compare his first games to Jason campbell's. Well, in his first 33 games, Joe Montana had this statline: 63%, 8069 yards, 52 TD, 32 TD.

That looks nothing like Jason Campbell.

How can I say this politely. You are wrong. You don't know what you are talking about. And your stats are all wrong.

Joe Montana did throw 52 TD passes, but NOT in his first 33 games. It took him FOUR years to do it. He threw 52 TD passes in 56 games. LESS than 1 per game in his first 4 years. PERIOD.

Jason has 35 TD passes in 36 gamesDURING his first 4 years. Almost the exact same average as Montana. PERIOD!

RE; Montana THOSE STATS WERE WITH THE SAME COACH, SAME SYSTEM, AND JERRY RICE ALL FOUR YEARS.

How can I say this politely. You are wrong. You don't know what you are talking about. And your stats are all wrong.

Joe Montana did throw 52 TD passes, but NOT in his first 33 games. It took him FOUR years to do it. He threw 52 TD passes in 56 games. LESS than 1 per game in his first 4 years. PERIOD.

Jason has 35 TD passes in 36 gamesDURING his first 4 years. Almost the exact same average as Montana. PERIOD!

This is easily the worst thread I have ever seen on this site. In all my time here, I have never once put a poster on ignore. You are the first.

Sorry, this is just too much. A total waste of time to even be exposed to such nonsense.

This is easily the worst thread I have ever seen on this site. In all my time here, I have never once put a poster on ignore. You are the first.

Sorry, this is just too much. A total waste of time to even be exposed to such nonsense.

I couldn't help but think of Billy Madison when I read this thread.

I'll take McNibb's word that this is a parody thread. I admit, when I first read it, I didn't look at who posted it and immediately a couple of names popped in my head.

I don't buy it. Read proscouts' other posts (in other threads).

I don't buy it. Read proscouts' other posts (in other threads).

Still... If you look at his reply to my rebuttal, it is so completely ass backwards and stubbornly wrong, but yet so reminiscent of some other actual posts from a couple of other members of this site....

If it's not a parody... Uhh... I may have to join McD5 in utilizing the ignore feature for the very first time.

Jason has some growing pains yet, but he is not interception prone and is conservative with the football. This is a very good trait that doesn't show up well in stats except his LACK of interceptions.

Joe Montana threw 31 TD passes in one year, but for the other 15 seasons, he averaged only 16 TD and 8 ints per year. He really only had ONE tremendous SEASON. He is considered the GREATEST because he "managed" the game. That seems to have become a dirty word for some around here. They say that all Campbell can do is "manage" the game. So....SO....and your point is?

Isn't that what a QB does? Manages the game and gives the team a chance to win. Puts people in the right spot to make a play. Keeps his team in the game until something good happens. That sounds like our QB. Jason Campbell manages the game, keeps himself from losing the game, doesn't throw the interception and doesn't mind if others get all the attention. When surrounded by more playmakers, Jason might just be JOE MONTANA.

Here is a comparison of Joe Montana's 5th year and Jasons 4th year.

G com Att per yds per TD int

Joe 16 332 515 64.5 3,910 7.6 26 12 7.6

--

- Jason 16 315 506 62.3 3,245 6.4 13 6

So perhaps Montana's 5th year above is what we can look forward to.

Interesting to note that in Joe Montana's FOURTH year, which is Jason's above year....Montana threw 17 TD passes and 11 interceptions. Jason threw 13 TD and only 6 ints. And Jason never had Jerry Rice!

-May be you haven't picked up on it but the NFL has changed since Montana's day. A qb that can only manage the game isn't adequate with all the rule changes. Teams need a franchise qb who can lead the team through adversity, and make plays on a consistent basis, if you expect to compete in the playoffs year in and out.

Archived