Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Campbell Ready To Move Forward

elkabong82

What's your view after the Cutler trade situation?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. What's your view after the Cutler trade situation?

• Snyder and Vinny just go after each shiny new FA and trade bait without thinking
    • Snyder and Vinny were smart to realize Campbell will never be the answer
    • The media will always overhype anything having to do with the Skins, real or not
    • The fans here on ES are bi-polar when it comes to both the players and the FO
    • Something else entirely

Everyone including Campbell knows he is not there yet (elite QB status). Skins FO had obligation to go after a suddenly-available-drop-in-your-lap elite QB. They did it correctly by letting the media do all the talking. Now they can claim it was business as usual which it is/was. The Skins FO will continue to explore ways ro upgrade the QB position as they should. I would have been disappointed if they did not go after Cutler. In this case, as in life, it is better to have loved and lost.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/02/reds...-nfl-business/

Click link for entire article

Redskins QB Campbell given lesson on NFL business

I just got off the phone with Redskins QB Jason Campbell, who found himself in the middle of the Jay Cutler saga as his name was mentioned in trade talks.

Campbell saw Redskins executive vice president Vinny Cerrato in the hallway of the team complex today, and he tried to calm the quarterback’s nerves, but the Cutler-to-Washington rumors still lingered for most of the day. One report even had the deal as imminent.

But now that Cutler has been traded to the Bears, Campbell can move on.

“This has taught me a valuable lesson about the business side of things and the playing side of things,” Campbell said. “A lot of my teammates and coaches reached out to me, and that means a lot.

“I am, and have never stopped preparing like I am going to be the Redskins’ QB.”

-- A lot of people talk about attitude with the QB and how they need to display leadership. This is the kind of attitude I want our starting QB to display: maturity. Mature men are respected, and have teammates and coaches talking to them and reaching out in times like these. A leader is voted captain by his teammates. I think some people have the wrong idea about JC based, at least in part, on a face with a clam demeanor.

Part of me was suspicious today that this was a collusion on the part of the Redskins and the Broncos to drive up the price for Cutler. Vinny does have a relationship with the Broncos org AND he has a reputation of betting the farm on trades. And it's plausible that we were trying to dump Campbell.

I wonder what we got out of the deal though.

Archived