Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tiger Woods is Back

StillUnknown

You really don't need to be that great of an athlete. But I do agree that he is the best to ever play the game.

I never said you have to be great (eventhough Tiger is GREAT)

His statement was you don't have to be an athlete to play golf, which I respectfully disgreed with 100%

his mind is his best asset. we've seen top tier players choke away chance after chance to win tourney's, Tiger just doesn't do it.

I would love to see a total score of the players paired with Tiger in the Final Round of a tourney. it seems that almost everyone who is paired with him, breaks down in some form

They always show those when he's in the final group of a major. It's a combination of Tiger kicking ass and the other guy choking.

I never said you have to be great (eventhough Tiger is GREAT)

His statement was you don't have to be an athlete to play golf, which I respectfully disgreed with 100%

Ok, then. I still say you don't even need to be that athletic to play the sport. There are many examples out there. He just happens to be in great shape. I'm just saying its not required to be a top golfer.

Its about like Nascar. You don't need to be an athlete to be successful there, either.

Don't want to start a debate but I really want to know how Tiger would have faired in the older days when equipment was not precise, yardages sucked as did the greens keeping.

I have thought this as well but according to the USGA, even with all the advancements in technology the average handicap still remains about the same...

We are in the midst of absolute greatness. I, for one, am very happy to be able to witness this on a constant basis. I watched the entire touney yesterday, and when he sank that putt, I was like "are you effing kidding me." My wife came out to see what was going and on, and I showed her the replay.

This man is going to be (if he already isn't) the best athlete to play ANY sport, of any time period. Gives me chills just watching him play.

Ok, then. I still say you don't even need to be that athletic to play the sport. There are many examples out there. He just happens to be in great shape. I'm just saying its not required to be a top golfer.

Its about like Nascar. You don't need to be an athlete to be successful there, either.

That can be said about positions like American league Pitchers, Quarterback or Goalie.

However its the athleticism of Tiger as well as his mental superiority that keeps him consistently at the top. Golfers are working out and some are using PEDs to catch up.

The average Joe like yourself isn't going to be successful in NASCAR or PGA golf because their physical and mental talents are superior.

So walking an 18 hole course for 4 days, not including the countless practice hours on the course the days prior, and not to mention actually having the physical skills to put the ball anywhere you want it.

If that's NOT an athlete then I don't know what is. I don't even play golf, but I've certainly tried and you certainly need to be an athlete in order to be successful at it on a weekly basis

really? what about furniture movers, are they athletes? just sayin', physical exertion != athlete.

and on the flip side, what about relief pitchers? they barely work up a sweat. certainly less calories burned than a round of golf. but they're surely athletes, right?

Tiger Woods an athlete?

It's golf. It's not running track or even playing basketball.

Golf is leaps and bounds harder than either of those sports will ever be so I hope you were joking.

He is the best athlete ever, hands down. The most dominate athlete ever.

• 2 months later...

Archived