Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feature on Lavar on Rome's Burning

Eparadox

Just heard it on his intro. Not sure when in the program it's happening, or how long the segment is gonna be.

Looks like they're gonna show him pumping some iron, and putting fear into the hearts of our NFC East counterparts :D

"Come get some, Jim!"

Heh, that was cool.

Also, it was funny seeing Spurrier working out with weights as well. I thought was awesome--I am sure the players gotta respect their coach that lifts with them as well.

It was mainly a fluff piece, but it was still nice to see, and it's great to see LaVar get some recognition. And I can tell ya, LaVar seems very focused, both on physical fitness, and keeping a perspective on being a football player.

Fun. :-)

~B.

I didn't think he sounded content. LaVar, in the past, has talked about his desire to win a championship. Especially since this was an edited piece and not an "interview," per se, we aren't going to hear all of his thoughts. It was supposed to be a snippet into the daily life of LaVar.

At least my .02...

That was soooooo SWEET!!! I cant weight for the SEASON.

The Spurrier thing was the funniest thing ive seen in a while. He had a bandana tied around his head like 2-pac and he was lifting like two 10 pound weight!!:laugh: :laugh:

We have the funniest coach in the league thats for sure. I cant weight till we start winning he's gonna start calling people out right and left!

Clifton Smith is a very very good player he will definitly make the team i saw him tear stuff up at Syracuse, i was really surprise he wasnt drafted. I saw both him and LSU's Bradie James (LB 4th rounder to Cowboys) play several times. I was by far more impressed with Smith. I thought they played with similar styles but Smith looked better to me. Getting off blocks/covering/tackling, especially rushing the QB he seemed very good at.

LaVar is signed through 2006, so, NO, he will not "be content" this year" and only be good next year.

RTerps2002, do you have an axe to grind against LaVar, or something? Heck, you felt so strongly about it, you had to post it twice!

But, no, I disagree, I don't think he seemed content. LaVar even stated about the intensity he wants to bring to EVERY season, and, at the end of the piece, talked about how some players DO get content, which is why their play drops off from year to the next.

~B.

Originally posted by jbooma

Lavar is HUGE, he is now 260 and I don't think I have ever seen a linebacker that big, ever :)

The rookie look pretty good, the best part was watching Spurrier work out.

===========================================

kirkland played @ or close to 300pds last yr for phillthydelphia

hopefully the extra size doesn't take away any of his quickness

& lavar is not & will never be content..he's hungry & has the desire to be the absolute best @ what he does.A TRUE LEADER........be glad he's on our side

I really dont see how a guy who weighed 247 and has now put on 10 pounds of muscle over the offseason could be "content" that is straight working your ass off. Did you see the state of mind he got in to work out. I really dont think he's content.

Originally posted by skinsanity56

===========================================

kirkland played @ or close to 300pds last yr for phillthydelphia

hopefully the extra size doesn't take away any of his quickness

& lavar is not & will never be content..he's hungry & has the desire to be the absolute best @ what he does.A TRUE LEADER........be glad he's on our side

Yes but Kirkland wasn't muscle he was fat, Lavar is pure muscle, and he mentioned he is faster and stronger, now that is scary

he might actually kill someone this year

This will be his fourth season, and he's already been to 2 Pro Bowls and scared the hell out of QB's and ballcarriers all over the league. He may not be polished, and he does have more potential to show, he has played well enough to be considered one of the best linebackers in the league.

I think Lavar looked pumped because there is finally some consistency in the lockerroom. the 3 LB's are the same, same with our CB's. the DL is just about the only thing on the D that was turned upside down. We lost Gardener but will have Bruce on only passing downs. I'd say that's a light degrade but the rest is either the same or better.

Originally posted by jbooma

Lavar is HUGE, he is now 260 and I don't think I have ever seen a linebacker that big, ever :)

The rookie look pretty good, the best part was watching Spurrier work out.

Jbooma,

I guess you haven't seen Levon Kirkland over the years. He's ranged from 260-300lbs...at middle linebacker, even though some say he's a glorified DT.

Originally posted by Skins26

That was soooooo SWEET!!! I cant weight for the SEASON.

The Spurrier thing was the funniest thing ive seen in a while. He had a bandana tied around his head like 2-pac and he was lifting like two 10 pound weight!!:laugh: :laugh:

FUNNY STUFF. I have TiVO and will watch it tonight. I am laughing out loud right now, I can't wait to see it. LOL!!!!!!

Archived