Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cable vs Sat image quality

dwbiggs

Have dish network right now and like it very much, however, they don't provide local HD channels in my area and Comcast does. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare image quality between HD cable and HD Sat? I'd like to be able to get Skins games in HD but I would hate to take a hit on HD on everything else if I make the switch.

Thanks

why not swtich from Dish to dtv?

Long story...but in short...I got DTV intitially but then found out they didn't provide local channels. I then went with Dish, who provided local channels but not in HD...and I can't get OTA signals where I live. During all this there was no Comcast HD in my area. Now we do have Comcast HD in my area and since we have Comcast internet we are considering going with their TV/internet/phone package. This would solve my Redskins game problems but i don't want to give up HD quality everywhere else. :silly:

Have dish network right now and like it very much, however, they don't provide local HD channels in my area and Comcast does. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare image quality between HD cable and HD Sat? I'd like to be able to get Skins games in HD but I would hate to take a hit on HD on everything else if I make the switch.

Thanks

Can you get them via an HD antenna? If so, then hook that up and let your Dish find the channels. IF you have the Dish DVR, you can even record off of the antenna.

Long story...but in short...I got DTV intitially but then found out they didn't provide local channels. I then went with Dish, who provided local channels but not in HD...and I can't get OTA signals where I live. During all this there was no Comcast HD in my area. Now we do have Comcast HD in my area and since we have Comcast internet we are considering going with their TV/internet/phone package. This would solve my Redskins game problems but i don't want to give up HD quality everywhere else. :silly:

Oftentimes, I have found it's the local provider's fault for not offering the sat companies the HD feed. For the lingest time, the local Fox station here in Sacramento (nations 16th largest market) didn't offer Fox in HD for Dish.

Archived