Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAN I HAZ Cable TV? Need a little help

Redd

So I'm having a slight problem breaking in my new TV. I'm loving how great my PS3 games and Bluray movies look through HDMI on my Panasonic 1080p plasma. Tweaking the settings is a bit of a pain but the preset settings are good for now.

Anyway my question is when I try to hook up my Cox cable box through hdmi I can't get a picture to show. Also when I hook it up through Component, while I do get a picture it comes out blurry then after a few minutes it gets a green tint.:mad:

Am I doing something wrong in the setup? You think there could be something wrong with the cable box or the Cox Cable company? When I run my PS3 or 360 directly to the TV with the HDMI cable my games and movies look. Best I've ever seen. So any advice guys?

Might be the cable box. You sure you didn't mix up the blue and green component?

Not sure what's up with your HDMI but if your other devices are working fine, point of failure must be the Scientific Atlantic box.

ETA: make sure the HDMI port is enabled on your cable box.

Well, you might have to change some settings on the TV. For the component problems, you may have to switch the type of component. There are two settings: R/G/B and Y/Pr/Pb. You may have to switch the settings on the TV to the latter for it to work. Should be somewhere in your settings menu.

As for your HDMI problems, you may also have to change some settings for the HDMI. Also, another problem might be that your TV still is set to output 1080p, so you might have to switch it to 1080i for the TV, because 1080p isn't supported by cable/satellite right now.

Click "settings" on your remote. :silly:
Lol, this might be a long night, Redd :silly:.

For my Cox Box, it's "menu", "display settings".

Lol:hysterical:, thanks gaiz. Now I Haz Cable. Now I can't decide what I should go with 720p or 1080i. What do you guys think?

Lol:hysterical:, thanks gaiz. Now I Haz Cable. Now I can't decide what I should go with 720p or 1080i. What do you guys think?

Did any of the suggestions work? I would say initially go with 720p. The thing is, I was thinking about this, and I don't think you should have to change the settings too much. There should be some sort of detection from the type of signal being received, and your TV should automatically adjust. I know my first generation HDTV (a rear projection) has that kind of capability, so I'm sure these newer versions should definitely have it.

I would try adjusting the HDMI and component settings before you start messing with the output.

Call Cox. They maybe able to walk you through some trouble shooting steps they only know how and can "Ping" the box. If it doesn't work, they will likely have someone come out and bring you another box, or you can just go yourself and exchange it to make it faster.

Call Cox. They maybe able to walk you through some trouble shooting steps they only know how and can "Ping" the box. If it doesn't work, they will likely have someone come out and bring you another box, or you can just go yourself and exchange it to make it faster.

No worries an thanks for the help but I mean I got the cable to work but couldn't decide on displaying it in 720p or 1080i. Figure I'll go with 1080i for now.

Archived