Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The United Football League

djbubba4life

Man, I can't believe how much of a joke the XFL was. Talk about a TRAINWRECK!

I don't think anybody could get beyond the fact that the XFL was produced by the WWF. It had a aura of phoney surrounding it. That's what killed it for me at least. The potential of rigged games is not all that appealling.

I mean the XFL name was just so lame, how could anyone take it seriously?

Is it me, or does that UFL website look cheesy? It has like what, maybe four colors on it? lol

I was thinking the same. It looks like something investors would be looking at, not potential fans. The color scheme makes it look like I'm looking to buy a hybrid car or something. Has a clean and environmental feel to it.

None of their teams are near where I live, so I probably won't care. Now if they put one here in West Virginia, then I'd have to give pause ;)

Well from what I understood of the description, the point of the league is to reach fans that the NFL doesn't reach, but that would only be the case for two or three of these cities.

New York doesn't need another team for any sport. They have two baseball teams, two football teams, two hockey teams (if you count the Islanders... it's close enough), and soon two basketball teams (Nets are heading to Brooklyn I believe).

Well from what I understood of the description, the point of the league is to reach fans that the NFL doesn't reach, but that would only be the case for two or three of these cities.

New York doesn't need another team for any sport. They have two baseball teams, two football teams, two hockey teams (if you count the Islanders... it's close enough), and soon two basketball teams (Nets are heading to Brooklyn I believe).

I think Boston wouldve been better.

I think Boston wouldve been better.

I might be a little biased but... I think New Jersey would have been better. A lot of jersey folk are tired of having to choose between holding an allegiance with a new york team or a philly team. We've got 9 million residents, I think we can handle a Jersey team.

Huge mistake playing in the fall. XFL made a mistake of playing right after the NFL season.

They should start during the NFL draft weekend in April and have their championship game the last week of preseason at the end of August. That is when fans will be hungry for football.

Huge mistake playing in the fall. XFL made a mistake of playing right after the NFL season.

They should start during the NFL draft weekend in April and have their championship game the last week of preseason at the end of August. That is when fans will be hungry for football.

I never thought of that, I always considered fall as the only time to play football. Playing at the same time as the NFL is going to be suicide, and it's for only one month. Season starts in October and ends November 12th. Championship is during Thanksgiving.

This absolutely needs to be a spring/summer event. Something to tide us over until the season starts. I'd be onboard with that.

I agree. Obviously, football fans are hungry to watch some football on TV, and it would be the perfect time to play games.

I do think the main difference between the UFL and XFL, and the reason that it has a higher chance of succeeding, is that it's going to be played like the NFL with the same rules and play style. The XFL crap with the kickoff fight is just stupid.

I agree. Obviously, football fans are hungry to watch some football on TV, and it would be the perfect time to play games.

I do think the main difference between the UFL and XFL, and the reason that it has a higher chance of succeeding, is that it's going to be played like the NFL with the same rules and play style. The XFL crap with the kickoff fight is just stupid.

Eh right before preseason. July? They would burn out there.

The idea of football there trying to get across is on Thursday and Friday with games from 4 to 8 so they wouldn't be competing with the NFL ( they know they'd be crushed if they did) and its about the time everyone's home for dinner.

No matter what will never be any more significant than CFL. Maybe if they're lucky as significant as XFL. Yet another dumb idea brought to you in part by politicians.

The NFL should just have practice squad matchups in March to showcase potential and keeps the NFL fans satisfied.

I guess they have changed their mission statement a bit but it used to include trying to sign and retain players from area colleges, which would be interesting and could be a successful model in the south particularly. I haven't kept up on the AFL's status but last I heard it was in limbo, good execution with the UFL could allow them to succeed in these rough times.

So what happens when the Giants make the playoffs and World Series? What's the San Fran franchise going to do then? ..:whoknows::silly:

USFL & XFL :thud:

I get so sick of these attempts at new leagues, though the USFL was more mainstream and had 3 successful years.

Archived