Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer jobs?

redskins0756

Recently I've been on the hunt for a summer job because I figured with the way the economy is I'm going I need to start now find something. Just wondering if any ES'ers out there work for any companies or have any ideas of what jobs are available. Been searching online, doing the whole Craigslist deal, and talking to some references I have but everything has been coming up dry. Here's some information about myself:

18 years old

Retail experience

Experience in office setting (data entry, answering phones, ect.)

Advanced computer user

Accepted into Virginia Tech business major, fall 2009

If you need any more information just post in here or PM me.

:logo:

get a job at an amusement park dude.

or go to VA Beach or Ocean City.

youre still young and if youre just looking for a summer job you might as well make it one thats a blast too.

Good idea thanks.

Good Luck!

Finding anything has been insanely difficult and doesnt appear to be getting any easier.

Tell me about it. There just isn't anything out there right now and of course the people with the least amount of experience are going to be dropped first. Last summer I couldn't find a job and this was when the economy was starting to go down the tubes. Now it's completely sunk and companies just aren't hiring. I figured that by starting now I'd have enough time to get something by summer, although at this rate (started 2 weeks ago) and no responses from the 30 or so applications I filled out it's not looking good.

My cousin did this one summer and absolutely loved it. She met tons of people her age and of course you get to party at the park.

oh man, sea world is the JAM out here for kids to get jobs. All these little punk ass kids do all day is walk around the park and hit on girls.

my buddy got his very first job at knotts berry farm and he said he got more tail then (at 15) then he did during any other year of his life.

oh man, sea world is the JAM out here for kids to get jobs. All these little punk ass kids do all day is walk around the park and hit on girls.

my buddy got his very first job at knotts berry farm and he said he got more tail then (at 15) then he did during any other year of his life.

lol, my cousin worked in the water park at Kings Dominion in VA. She started dating this dude and has now been dating him for like 2 years :silly:

Id do your own yard care service on the side. Those big yard companies charge crap loads and you can have a nice little tax free business that gets you exercise and fresh air.

Just hit up your neighborhoods and have reasonable prices.

Most lawns take what an hour? Charge like 15 bucks and you are making some nice change.

seriously a amusement park wont really help on your resume later on

first off, yes it will. customer service is a HUGE thing that employers look for. Interaction with people, dealing with the public goes a long ways.

second off, it is a summer job before he goes to college in the fall. you think he is really worried about his resume now when he is going to be graduating school in 4 years?

You and i have differing opinions. My family couldn't afford alot so I didnt have money to spend on fun so I looked at options that would help me in the future.

Ya, you're right my family gave me everything so I didn't have to worry about **** :silly:

But seriously, if you have work experience you can get a supervisor position at an amusement park, or you can get an office job there. The money is usually ok and the perks are solid.

Id do your own yard care service on the side. Those big yard companies charge crap loads and you can have a nice little tax free business that gets you exercise and fresh air.

Just hit up your neighborhoods and have reasonable prices.

Most lawns take what an hour? Charge like 15 bucks and you are making some nice change.

That's my fallback plan. Did it before, but I'm looking for something that can beef up a resume.

And about the amusement park idea, I'll look into it.

first off, yes it will. customer service is a HUGE thing that employers look for. Interaction with people, dealing with the public goes a long ways.

second off, it is a summer job before he goes to college in the fall. you think he is really worried about his resume now when he is going to be graduating school in 4 years?

summer jobs can lead to internship which can lead to a full time position

Any job before college internships and your 1st year probably won't make a final copy of your resume when you look for a real job so don't worry about it.

If you do need High School jobs on your resume then god help you ....

you dont still put that you were on the yearbook staff your junior year?

Archived