Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I almost bought this (Redskin shirt)

dcoles11

Ugh

:2cents:

These "Irish" t-shirts (not specifically Redskins - just generally) are silly. I live in the land of "look at me I'm Irish" and it's tiresome, especially because 100% of the people wearing these are American, not Irish. <sigh>

I know - get over it. OK I will, by having a pint or six of Guinness in Belfast on St. Patrick's Day, and NOT wearing an "Irish" t-shirt ;)

-Yes we are all American, but since when is it bad to be proud of your heritage? I am 75-90% Irish based on my geneology, and you better believe even though I am an American citizen I will be wearing an Irish shirt good ol St. Pattie's day because I am proud!

-Yes we are all American, but since when is it bad to be proud of your heritage? I am 75-90% Irish based on my geneology, and you better believe even though I am an American citizen I will be wearing an Irish shirt good ol St. Pattie's day because I am proud!

I'll drink to that. :40oz:

:2cents:

These "Irish" t-shirts (not specifically Redskins - just generally) are silly. I live in the land of "look at me I'm Irish" and it's tiresome, especially because 100% of the people wearing these are American, not Irish. <sigh>

I completely understand where you're coming from...my mother was born and raised in Co. Galway, Ireland, and I do get mildly annoyed at people of distant Irish ancestry pretending to be just off the boat.

But having said that, I gotta be honest...I love the t-shirt. It combines two of the things I love most on Planet Earth -- the Redskins and Ireland. :)

I completely understand where you're coming from...my mother was born and raised in Co. Galway, Ireland, and I do get mildly annoyed at people of distant Irish ancestry pretending to be just off the boat.

But having said that, I gotta be honest...I love the t-shirt. It combines two of the things I love most on Planet Earth -- the Redskins and Ireland. :)

I def agree with you, my mother's family is literally straight off the boat, she could have applied for dual citizenship to be Irish American. It's a tad bit annoying to hear from all those people who are 2% Irish speak about how Irish they are. Then again, Ireland is a beautiful place (that I'm visiting next summer!) and how can you blame some one for wanting to be part of such a great place?

As for the Irish Car Bombs...well they're a bit of a joke in my family, seeing as my distant, distant family was part of the IRA. My family over there currently are most definitely not part of it anymore, but we do Irish Car Bombs with a hint of irony. Family- whatcha gunna do?

Anyway, for those unwilling to spend 29 bucks for that amazing t-shirt, here's another option :D:

http://www.fansedge.com/Washington-Redskins-Shamrock-Boxer-Shorts_-1365728467_PD.html

Do you realize that they laugh at us silly Americans for the caricature of Irish culture we promulgate over here on March 17th?

Archived