Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Sign Ryan Succop Thread

GoGameCoksandSkins

First off, welcome to the board dude. Be sure to read up on some of the forum rules so that you don't piss any mods off cause they're starting to really crack down on the rules.

To the point. I agree that Shaun has been very inconsistent, and competition definately needs to bring in. I see that Succop is a former Game****, :), I wonder where you've heard of him. Haha. Maybe you could shed a lil more insight on your guy as the thread goes on.

Here are some links to some of Succops stats, and stories.

http://game****sonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/succop_ryan00.html

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=52973

Ryan, is that you? lol. Succop has a powerful leg but struggled with his accuracy this past season. I wouldn't use a pick on him, but definately as a UDFA.

Yea no way I would use a pick on him. He did struggle with accuracy, but in reality he was the highlight of our scoring offense. Our line was less than consistent, so don't read too much into that. (Even though I believe it was Jarvis Moss who beasted him in 2006). I really think he just had a rough year, as South Carolina did as a whole, but I think he would be an upgrade over Suisham.

He also was a pretty decent punter, and fairly athletic. He was always a threat to fake it, and burned MSU pretty bad on one of his fakes. He is a player and I would love to see Danny give him a shot.

I'd hope we got after a new kicker, and I hope Dirk works out. Honestly think about how bad our D had it last season and was still top 4? Our special teams was AWFUL, we kicked 30 yard punts, and gave them great field position every time. Combine that with an offense that would go 3 and out and our D was carrying us.

This season with a few plugs, the ship is going to more then float.

succop could also punt too like he did his first 3 years at carolina. although i like the guy and think he is bette than suisham he does choke. one game this year didn't he go 1 for 5 and not to mention last year against tennessee when he went wide right.

guy does have a strong leg, but no need to waste a pick on him

You probably know more about the guy than I do, but I'm wary of taking a kicker that only had 66% accuracy.

As someone who went to every Carolina home game, I can say that the largest part of that was due mostly to one game where he went 1/5 on FGs while playing (unbeknownst to fans at the time) with a relatively severe abdominal tear. He was in great pain for about a 3 game stretch this season, but we had literally no one else to place kick for us. His junior year, he was heralded as one of the best kickers in the country. Don't let the accuracy senior year scare you off, he has a very strong leg and is generally quite accurate.

As someone who went to every Carolina home game, I can say that the largest part of that was due mostly to one game where he went 1/5 on FGs while playing (unbeknownst to fans at the time) with a relatively severe abdominal tear.

If you went to every home game then you'll know he only missed 2 FG's at Willie B. The 1/5 game was at Kentucky, which Carolina won. Here's a link to his career stats.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=173684

no thanks. i dont want no stinkin game****s on my team. lol

no really, if hes the best available. look at him. but if there are better out there, no thanks. just checked some scouting info, hes the 7th rated kicker. thats not exactly high. id rather have sam swank or sakoda the guy from utah. hes the top rated kicker.

Archived