Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Trade

skinswin=happy

People, it is very hard to trade to acquire more picks...and just because the points add up, doesn't mean the other team is willing to do it. I doubt we accumulate any extra picks at all...just my guess. To try to predict these things is pretty much a waste of time.

every trade that is pulled off involves people acquiring more picks. People don;t just swap picks around for the hell of it.

People, it is very hard to trade to acquire more picks...and just because the points add up, doesn't mean the other team is willing to do it. I doubt we accumulate any extra picks at all...just my guess. To try to predict these things is pretty much a waste of time.

Cant you tell who has the most time to waste? Look at their posts count. :hysterical:

The Lions were last in the NFL in points allowed at 32 a game and in total yards at 404. They hire Jim Schwartz so I don't think they're going to be spending 2 first rounds draft picks on the offence. So for this to happen we need them to pick Curry, Orakpo or Raji with their first and for Sanchez or Stafford to fall to 13.

"1st rd QB's are not supposed to be game managers. JC's a game manager. 1st rd QB's are supposed to be elite. He's not. If we wanted a game manager, we could have used the picks we gave up for him, to get offensive linemen for a game manager" WORD

It seems like, sitting at #13, we are in an ideal spot to deal with someone. #13 is not in the top 10 (in regards to salary pay out) but a guy who could have gone in the top 10 could fall to #13. I would expect more than a couple of teams wanting to move into our slot. And, it wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles were one of them. They have a ton of draft picks of which we could really use. I could see the Eagles offering #21 and a 2nd rounder for our pick at 13. Then, the Eagles could go best available at #13 (based on their needs) and still have the #28 pick in the first round.

For those of you thinking the Eagles would never trade with a division opponent, think back to when they traded their 1st round pick to Dallas a few years ago.

If Detroit is our trading partner, then either they took a OT with the first overall pick and QB or someone else fell they want OR they took a QB and one of the 4 top OL fell.

If the latter happens, I am more skeptical about us trading back unless Detroit really sweetens the pot by giving us their 1.20 pick and their 2.33 pick, but I doubt that happens with all their needs.

So, if the first option occurs, Detroit would get 1.13 and Redskins get 1.20 and 3.65.

Just my 2 cents.

If

Detroit is our trading partner, then either they took a OT with the first overall pick and QB or someone else fell they want OR they took a QB and one of the 4 top OL fell.

If the latter happens, I am more skeptical about us trading back unless Detroit really sweetens the pot by giving us their 1.20 pick and their 2.33 pick, but I doubt that happens with all their needs.

So, if the first option occurs, Detroit would get 1.13 and Redskins get 1.20 and 3.65.

Just my 2 cents.

Or they take Curry and EITHER a OT or QB they want is there at 13

Stay put at #13. After thinking about it A.Smith could fall. A) Take Smith if he falls B) Take Robert Ayers and have a young DE at 6'3" 270 is good size to play run too. C) Trade down to still get William Beatty. I wouldnt care if Knowshone or Wells were selected either.

According to the draft trade chart, our best value for trading down would be with Minnesota, their #22 and #54 are worth 1140, while our #13 is worth 1150.

I seriously thought we had a chance if Sanchez fell to us, but they picked up a QB via free agency.

*Edit: just for clarity that would be us receiving their 1st and 2nd and them moving up to our 1st.

Hopefully that is doable

For those that just do not get it.......

The team looking to trade up will give up more in trade value than the team trading down if the price is right.

In respect to the OP his trade scenario would work. But I think the deal would be better if we traded down in exchange for the Lions pick at #20 and their 2 third round picks.

For those that just do not get it.......

The team looking to trade up will give up more in trade value than the team trading down if the price is right.

In respect to the OP his trade scenario would work. But I think the deal would be better if we traded down in exchange for the Lions pick at #20 and their 2 third round picks.

Do we try to use the lower two of the three thirds we would have to move into the second?

Archived