Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsCenter: Stock UP/Stock DOWN (Redskins)

Rexrode21

Mark Schlereth picked 3 teams whose stock was rising and 3 teams whose stock was falling (50 bucks if you can guess where we landed):

Stock UP: He picked the Jets for signing LB Bart Scott and CB Lito Sheppard. No surprise here, I like Rex Ryan and the way he works.

Stock UP: Secondly he picked the Giants for signing DE Chris Canty, resigning Brandon Jacobs and picking up a value LB.

Stock UP: Finally he picked the Seahawks for snagging TJ Whosurmama.

Stock DOWN: First he throws the Redskins under the bus. He says we signed great talent but for too much money. I don't understand why money is such an issue as long as we are under the cap and still have a full roster by the time of season openers.

Stock DOWN: He picked the Bengals just for losing TJ.

Stock DOWN: He finally picked the Cardinals because they haven't resigned Kurt Warner.

I for one do not understand how signing great talent (although slightly overpriced) makes us on the downside with 2 teams who are losing or potentially losing their franchise players. Thoughts?

EDIT: I would have thrown the Eagles in on the downside with losing Lito and Dawkins.

I completely understand the teams that are on the rise. But how can the Bucs not be in there with the release of so many veterans, and with the rumors that they are interested in Jason Taylor. And the Eagles like I said with them losing their leadership and impact players. Or even the Cowboys for losing Canty and signing a washed up LB like Keith Brooking.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Whatever the Eagles do they are always STOCK UP. They could sign a bunch of guys or not sign a bunch of guys....end result is they will be labeled as "THE" favorite to win it all. It happens every year...last year, the year before and years before that - and likely will occur again as soon as the Preseason Books/Predictions start to hit the newswire...just watch.

Why is it that ALL ex-Dallas Cowboys love the Boyz and are hired by ESPN while ex-Redskins love to HATE the Redskins.

Of course more Cowboys get hired than the Redskins so we notice it more.

But the Cowboys are a CULT! When you go there you love them for life. Many Skins leave and then hate on the Skins.

There is just something there about the STAR. Maybe Jones has some kool-aide mixed up in the back. I don't know, but certainly being able to produce winning seasons has something to do with it and right now the Skins are erratic and are not winners.

Yeah were down:

We added youth and talent to the OL with Dockery.

We added probowl talent, youth and a true #1 CB with Hall.

We added the most dominate defensive player available and fill a major need with Haynesworth.

He say were down because of money issues. What a block head.

Yeah were down:

We added youth and talent to the OL with Dockery.

We added probowl talent, youth and a true #1 CB with Hall.

We added the most dominate defensive player available and fill a major need with Haynesworth.

He say were down because of money issues. What a block head.

:point2sky

I can't Stand Schlereth...he has had some vendeta against us for as long as I can remember. he never gives us any credit at all...it stupid.....he is so biased against us that there is not point in listening to him because it is not objective at all

Why is it that ALL ex-Dallas Cowboys love the Boyz and are hired by ESPN while ex-Redskins love to HATE the Redskins.

But the Cowboys are a CULT! When you go there you love them for life. Many Skins leave and then hate on the Skins.

There is just something there about the STAR. Maybe Jones has some kool-aide mixed up in the back. I don't know, but certainly being able to produce winning seasons has something to do with it and right now the Skins are erratic and are not winners.

Theismann still loves the Skins!

Jerrah is the devil and he owns their collective souls :evilg:

Theismann still loves the Skins!

Maybe I should have specified...Players within the last 20 years. I mean Sonny still loves the Skins and so does Sam.

So I will qualify that to mean players from 20 years till now. Cause its coming up on nearly 20 years since we were regularly champions or in the playoffs.

Losing changes EVERYTHING.

I for one do not understand how signing great talent (although slightly overpriced) makes us on the downside

Because believe it or not, there is only so much you can pay players, and when you overpay for Haynesworth, you have to find money elsewhere by releasing people.

So we going to be getting rid of, at least, Marcus Washington, Phillip Daniels, Shawn Springs and Jason Taylor. Four starters, likely gone. We also did not have the flexibility to offer more to Montgomery, so he may be gone. We extended Griffin, who is already past his prime, to save money. We also extended underpreforming Carter and ARE to get cap relief.

Each of these decisions had a cost to the team's immediate position and the team's long term outlook.

The salary cap issue is so misunderstood here. Yeah, sure, we find ways around it. But it is always with a cost. We either cut players who contribute or extend older players past their prime. There is always a cost.

I can't Stand Schlereth...he has had some vendeta against us for as long as I can remember. he never gives us any credit at all...it stupid.....he is so biased against us that there is not point in listening to him because it is not objective at all

Schlereth was a quality OL for skins but developed back problems and was cut.he signed

with Denver,became healthy and had a good end to his career.He has trashed the skins since he left,even before he was an analyst.

I don't understand why people DON'T understand why money is an issue with a salary cap.

Look... if the majority of your players are outperforming their contracts... then you end up with a better team using the same amount of money (salary cap).

If you have super highly paid players.. they will never outperform their contracts. Therefore you end up with good players in a few spots but downgrade the rest of the team as a result.

The best teams will be the ones with the most players outperforming their contracts. Because they get the most talent shoved in under the cap.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Whatever the Eagles do they are always STOCK UP. They could sign a bunch of guys or not sign a bunch of guys....end result is they will be labeled as "THE" favorite to win it all. It happens every year...last year, the year before and years before that - and likely will occur again as soon as the Preseason Books/Predictions start to hit the newswire...just watch.

well...not to pick too fine a bone...but they have been to 5 championship games and 1 SB in the same timespan the Skins have accomplished nothing comparable.....

Archived