Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official Draft James "Little Animal" Laurinaitis thread!

skinsfanjoe

Beanie is too injury prone, I would not want a power back who gets injured all the time. Let someone else draft him.

Jenkins is not fast enough for corner, maybe he will be a good safety.

They are 1st round talent I guess, I just said I would not draft them.

Fair enough.

Ohio State fan (and obviously in the 1st category)

Go turn "the fan" back on and listen to chris speilman talk about how pryor is gonna leave with 2 national championships, Biakabatuka's 331 yds against the buckeye's 'team of the century' in '95 was the result of a "conspiracy" and that if ginn didn't get hurt you would have had a chance against U of F. I have been around the country. I have yet to see a collegiate fan base as delusional as this.....and it's not close. You're obviously part of it and that's why you can't see it. There's nothing abnormal to you because it's part of the culture - and has been here for years. It's like a chain-smoker who walks into a small room and doesn't realize how bad he smells everyone else -- he is so accustomed to it that it doesn't even register.

LOL. I am a Redskin fan. But I do like the Buckeyes, I just don't think they will be good again till they get a decent D coordinator. Can't play Tressel ball with a timid defense.

Speilman is a joke, the only reason the dude is on the radio is because he played for Ohio State.

I am not going to defend Ohio State fans, many of them are classless. It was embarrassing the way the home town fans treated Texas fans a few years back. Columbus is a rabid sports town and Ohio State is the game in town. I moved here when Earl Bruce was coach, so it was hard for me not to follow them since I love football. But I only watched two games this year, Penn State and Texas because they play such a weak schedule I just don't see a point. So that will tell you the kind of Ohio State fan I am.

But for you to claim the Ohio State football team is breaking NCAA rules left and right is what I make objection too. USC has actually had more troubles in the media than OSU, yet they are still golden because the win the big games. Ohio State would be losing scholarships left and right if half of what you said was true.

Beanie is too injury prone, I would not want a power back who gets injured all the time. Let someone else draft him.

Jenkins is not fast enough for corner, maybe he will be a good safety.

They are 1st round talent I guess, I just said I would not draft them.

I find it laughable how Wells was a no show with an injury against Penn State this year but did show up for the Minnesota game :hysterical:

Every big name ohio state LB is always a bust!

You can add quarterback to that as well.

Just stay away from that entire program. They simply don't play good enough competition, enough times a season, to trust any of the hype, or to make an accurate determination of how they would ever do in the NFL. That is the bottom line.

And to the OSU supporters? Direct you anger at your own AD. He is the one that schedules the Kent States and San Diego States of the world.

Their conference schedule is so weak that they should be scheduling nothing but top teams out of conference--with every single opportunity.

And further blame can go to the conference as well. No title game? Why not?

hmmm. Money perhaps? Gotta get those teams in the bowls....can't afford them losing late in the season.

It is a pathetic conference on so many levels.

LOL. I am a Redskin fan. But I do like the Buckeyes, I just don't think they will be good again till they get a decent D coordinator. Can't play Tressel ball with a timid defense.

Speilman is a joke, the only reason the dude is on the radio is because he played for Ohio State.

I am not going to defend Ohio State fans, many of them are classless. It was embarrassing the way the home town fans treated Texas fans a few years back. Columbus is a rabid sports town and Ohio State is the game in town. I moved here when Earl Bruce was coach, so it was hard for me not to follow them since I love football. But I only watched two games this year, Penn State and Texas because they play such a weak schedule I just don't see a point. So that will tell you the kind of Ohio State fan I am.

But for you to claim the Ohio State football team is breaking NCAA rules left and right is what I make objection too. USC has actually had more troubles in the media than OSU, yet they are still golden because the win the big games. Ohio State would be losing scholarships left and right if half of what you said was true.

While I was down there "the fan" was the only espn station in town and I had to listen to that moron every day. THEN, they cut Colin Cowherd's show by an hr so Speilman's show could be extended an hr. :doh:

As for Clarrett, I admit most of what I have heard is just that - what I have heard (although I have known several guys who went through the program - and a couple at that time - who said Tressel did him "dirty"). As for the stories on Katzenmoyer and Moore, those are first hand accounts by people I know well.

I do agree about USC -- they do appear to be the "teflon don" of college football.

Edit} The campus has to be one of the worst in America too. Just this week another student was found on 13th street, beat to death. The worst part of Cbus is literally back to back with the campus. Anyone who would send their daughter there should have a c.a.t. scan.

Diesel22, I posted earlier (page 7) and while you're right about the ****ty, rough campus, you have to realize that in terms of bad/good eggs it's like anything else. For example: for every FA we get like Adam Archuletta we typically get a guy like Santana Moss, in college, specifically OSU for this example, for every EXTREME like Clarette, there's an extreme in the other direction like Anthony Gonzalez who I believe graduated with a 4.0 in a somewhat difficult major. Extremes are called such for a reason and at almost any school you will find a FEW in either extreme and most fall into the stereotypical college athlete that is content to just breeze through college. There are a few extremes, a majority of tweeners, and a few guys who genuinely care and really are STUDENT-athletes. This is true even at smaller schools and at a higher rate at bigger athletic schools like OSU - they are supposed to be the pinnacle of sports in the area although they are not that good imo. Try not to hate so much man. Just bein friendly but you seem like you care too much about it, now that you're in Ada, let it go man, it's not worth it to rant so much over it.

Based clearly on Laurinitis' skill set and not something like his school, campus, etc., I think the strong majority of people around here would agree that not only is Freeman a better pro prospect than him, but that the 'skins should draft neither.

376 career tackles, 9 interceptions, 13 sacks an no MISSED games. Laurinaitius is an awesome linebacker and would fit this defensive scheme perfectly. Sideline to sideline and doesn't take plays off. Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

376 career tackles, 9 interceptions, 13 sacks an no MISSED games. Laurinaitius is an awesome linebacker and would fit this defensive scheme perfectly. Sideline to sideline and doesn't take plays off. Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Dayton, OH

Smell this coffee.

He got those stats against mainly chumps.

Not people who will ever sniff an NFL field in the future.

Cut the statistics in half, and then compare him to others.

Smell this coffee.

He got those stats against mainly chumps.

Not people who will ever sniff an NFL field in the future.

Cut the statistics in half, and then compare him to others.

Read some of my earlier posts. Trust me when I tell you....you are wasting your time with ppl from around here (Ohio). Roughly 80% of buckeye fans here live in a parallel universe.

Thanks for all the proof behind your statements. Just because you hate OSU, you would pass on drafting him. Thank god none of you are GM's

Yes. Too bad we didn't get Troy Smith a few years ago.

What were we thinking?

And further blame can go to the conference as well. No title game? Why not?

How many teams are in the Big 10? Do you know? 11..Do you know how many teams the NCAA requires to have a conference title game??? You would make a horrible lawyer. You never ask a ? you don't know the answer to. Then again, you dont know much, which shows with all of the stupid questions you ask, and the comments you make. The answer to the question is 12.

Thanks for all the proof behind your statements. Just because you hate OSU, you would pass on drafting him. Thank god none of you are GM's

Go back in the thread (before the osu discussion in general started) and you'll see a breakdown. In a nutshell, he doesn't change direction well, has average (at best) hips and lacks ability to shed blocks efficiently. He will not overpower blockers in the NFL -- 'chicken fighting' with blockers in the league gets you one thing....taken out of the play.

How many teams are in the Big 10? Do you know? 11..Do you know how many teams the NCAA requires to have a conference title game??? You would make a horrible lawyer. You never ask a ? you don't know the answer to. Then again, you dont know much, which shows with all of the stupid questions you ask, and the comments you make. The answer to the question is 12.

I am in my 2nd yr of law school and finished first in 2 of my 5 classes. Just in case you ever try to use that argument on me...

:D

Yes. Too bad we didn't get Troy Smith a few years ago.

What were we thinking?

Wow, your smart one. Troy Smith will always be a career back up. His game was making plays on his feet. Translations just for you, " Does not work in the NFL". Just because I'm an OSU fan does not mean I blinded by Scarlet and Gray and wear a sweater vest.

hmmm. Money perhaps? Gotta get those teams in the bowls....can't afford them losing late in the season.

You clearly don't understand how college athletics work, and specifically how the bowl systems go. The Big Ten has contracts with I believe its 6 or 7 bowl games. As long as a bowl team is eligible, then they are locked in those bowls. As well as an automatic bowl bid to BCS bowl. And in the Big 10, all the schools split the bowl $$, and its divided between all Big 10 schools equally. So, your theory doesn't stand up here either...sorry ;)

That is lame.

So because they can't attract one more weak team to the conference.....Kent State maybe?

Or if they had a pair.....how about Utah? But they won't, that could be dangerous.

So because of that, they can't play a title game. They are helpless victims.

:hysterical:

You clearly don't understand how college athletics work, and specifically how the bowl systems go. The Big Ten has contracts with I believe its 6 or 7 bowl games. As long as a bowl team is eligible, then they are locked in those bowls. As well as an automatic bowl bid to BCS bowl. And in the Big 10, all the schools split the bowl $$, and its divided between all Big 10 schools equally. So, your theory doesn't stand up here either...sorry ;)

I completely understand the bowl system, and revenue sharing within conferences.

I also understand that in the ten years prior to the BCS, that the Rose Bowl was the biggest joke in the country. No one wanted to get sentenced to playing in that misery.

Stop the excuses. The OSU AD is a joke, who should be fired immediately.

The conference is a joke, and they are no longer relevant.

When those things change.....fantastic. Until then? No one cares about OSU vs Michigan.

Archived