Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DO NOT CUT JASON TAYLOR. There is a wonderful reason why.

kiingspadee

I think taylor should have a much better season being healthy, and playing next to big albert. That being said, it might be more prudent to drop him and his very large 8.5 million salary in favor of signing dock/willis, and using one of our draft picks, even #13, to get a DE. I think with the money we could save, we could fill a couple areas of need.

id bet money that taylor is gonna be a health concern all year. hes gonna be coddled during practice not to aggravate whatever injury hes dealing with that week. its 8 million dollars that can be used on the oline, probably for two players. then we could draft a DE in the draft for the first time in history.

I definitely agree and the other thing is that aside from AH, the starting DL is still pretty old. JT could wind up being the new Shawn Springs by playing in only a handful of games a year. Drafting a DE to groom would be great, but this organization won't do it because they don't have the patience and it isn't flashy enough.

I definitely agree and the other thing is that aside from AH, the starting DL is still pretty old. JT could wind up being the new Shawn Springs by playing in only a handful of games a year. Drafting a DE to groom would be great, but this organization won't do it because they don't have the patience and it isn't flashy enough.

i say, cut taylor, take that 8 million and sign phillip daniels to vet min, draft a DE that can rotate with him and be groomed for future help, and sign 2 olineman, one being dock, the other being whoever. now if rhinehardt can actually play guard, then we only need one oline FA. but im not banking on that, and i dont think our coaching staff is either.

Isn't there talk about using Taylor at linebacker? Although it would be for only a year at best. Let's face it, no matter what we need an upgrade at this position. Fletcher is up in age, Rocky is injury prone and HB isn't a front line player. If we pick up a young stud linebacker in the draft, lookout.

If we are on a spending binge ...

1/ I am disappointed that we did not go after Dominque Foxworth. IMHO, he is a better and more physical corner than Carlos "butter fingers" Rogers.

2/ Go after some talented O-Linemen.

3/ For crying out loud, let's even sign Canty!

to the best of my knowledge Taylor never had a significant injury before that. I'd say it's an aberration

YESSSS

Bringing in Albert is going to do WONDERS for not only Jason Taylor but all of our D-linemen. He's going to command double coverages almost all the time, and Griffin and Montgomery are no small guys either, so our DEs should have a blast chasing after the quarterback. Jason Taylor WILL do well this year especially with Big Al in DC, barring any injuries

I have no idea what this thread is about. We are not cutting Jason Taylor. The Skins and Taylor both have an agreement that when he came to the Redskins it was for 2 years. End of subject.

Now, as far as blades, he is an excellent backup. I like him

You did hear when I said he is a "backup", didn't you? He can fill in but he is no Fletcher and he cannot play linebacker or rush the passer like Jason Taylor can. Blades has a LOT to prove before anyone would confuse him with starting material, and a guy who could perhaps get 100 tackles.

taylor costs us 8 million dollars. hes not worth that whatsoever, these delusions that hes gonna be some pass rush monster this season after all the injuries he suffered last year at age 34 is ridiculous.

cut him and use the money elsewhere. frankly id rather sign daniels back cause he can still stop the run, just rotate him and chris wilson in there on passing downs.

I just threw in Blades since well we havent signed anyone yet so he's there had to put him on there.

Like I said you bring in Brian Orakpo and you can keep JT and him rotating

I just can't see Orakpo being there at 13. He is the best DE in the draft and the best 3-4 OLB. Those guys get taken early. Last year, everyone remembers the run on offensive linemen, but by pick 13, three defensive ends/3-4 OLBs had been taken.

He won't be there.

taylor costs us 8 million dollars. hes not worth that whatsoever, these delusions that hes gonna be some pass rush monster this season after all the injuries he suffered last year at age 34 is ridiculous.

cut him and use the money elsewhere. frankly id rather sign daniels back cause he can still stop the run, just rotate him and chris wilson in there on passing downs.

Which is why people keep saying "restructure". JT agrees with you; even he said he wasn't worth what he was payed last year. Doesn't mean the guy should be thrown out like the cans from your liquid lunch. :40oz: Those cans are recyclable! Recycle JT! Seriously, last year's injury was an aberration, a freak event.

Which is why people keep saying "restructure". JT agrees with you; even he said he wasn't worth what he was payed last year. Doesn't mean the guy should be thrown out like the cans from your liquid lunch. :40oz: Those cans are recyclable! Recycle JT! Seriously, last year's injury was an aberration, a freak event.

If he was 24, you call it an aberration. At 34 you call it age is catching up. The REAL rationalization you Taylor apologists should be using is that he messed around last off season instead of preparing for football and this off season he'll put in a good amount of work, blah blah blah.

Sorry, but we have pressing needs on O-line and we cannot afford such a luxury as a redundant 250 lb pass rushing end. Even with Dockery signed we need another two o-linemen to push Heyer and Thomas for starting spots.

I can see your point with restructuring Contract but also they may be looking at long term because Jason Come off Books after this year during Uncapped Year but you know this uncapped market will not last long without a strike and also I dont see Jason having that kind of relationship with this frachise to want to restructure Just saying

Archived