Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs or Fired for Zorn?

TheGoodBits

Where are you now Day one of Free Agency  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you now Day one of Free Agency

• Positive (Management Made Up for Past Mistakes)
    • Neutral/Positive (We made up ground outlook better)
    • Neutral / Negative (We made up ground outlook the same)
    • Negative (More stupidity, we will continue to be below average)

No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stability is key for this organazation and that starts with the Head Coach and the QB.To keep shuffling things up would be a mistake,

Lets give Zorn a chance beyond this season and through next before changing AGAIN.

That wasn't the question. The question was do you think Snyder WILL give him another year if we miss the playoffs.

Based on... I'm interested to hear your opinion.

Spurrier was going to get 3 years but resigned plus Joe Gibbs came. Before that Spurrier was going to get three years. Spurrier had no control over his team. I dont see Zorn winning less then 5 games next year so he will be back for a third. Plus Zorn listens to snyder and isnt that strict. He was but Snyder had him cool it down.

Spurrier was going to get 3 years but resigned plus Joe Gibbs came. Before that Spurrier was going to get three years. Spurrier had no control over his team. I dont see Zorn winning less then 5 games next year so he will be back for a third. Plus Zorn listens to snyder and isnt that strict. He was but Snyder had him cool it down.

I don't think that Spurrier's "resignation" was his choice. :2cents:

I don't think that Spurrier's "resignation" was his choice. :2cents:

Still he was going to get 3 years. Yes spurrier wanted out. Especially before Joe Gibbs came into the picture Spurrier wanted out. Snyder would have given him another year though. Zorn has showed me way more then spurrier. There's always the slight chance that something like Bill Cowhere may be availble and Snyder starts licking his chops to sign him. But most likey Zorn will be back another year.

Don't like to be the Debbie downer here, as I actually grew to like Zorn as a person. But I think the reality is that if: (a) he completely ****s the bed, <5-11 - DONE (B) he starts hot (6-2), then blows (8-8) it no playoffs a la 2008 - DONE © Makes keeping D. Hall, J. Taylor, Acquiring Haynesworth, make Snyder / Cerrato look like idiots - DONE (d) Not being able to get Jason Campbell to play top notch ball, having CP quit on you and not producing, and not effectively inserting Thomas / Kelly into the game plan - DONE

Now, if the Redskins sputter and Zorn can get them on track and focused to make the playoffs or even winning a playoff game, they keep him (or if they win the division, or course). JC has a productive, meaning "remarkable", year they'll keep him.

In closing, it's more dark than it is light for ol JZ at this juncture. The Skins are trying to give him the players to win. As a QB dude, JC needs to step up or JZ is gone. Maybe both.

**I like JC, just statin' reality here.

Our offensive collapse the 2nd half of the season coincided with the injuries mounting on our OL throughout. The guys wore down. People forget that Portis was leading candidate for MVP the 1st half of the season, Campbell was throwing 40+yd TDs to Moss, and the OL was blocking holes everywhere (Riggins called it the best OL he's seen, better than the Hogs).

Then, they collapsed, starting with the Steelers game and continuing on. Campbell seemed hit every play and Portis had to dodge guys barely after he got the handoff.

How about some games before the Steelers game? The Giants game. The games against some of the worst teams in the NFL at the time: Cleveland, the Rams, and the Lions. Against Cleveland they were shut out the first half, the offense looked inept for most of the game with the exception of some good Portis runs. Santana saved them with a great punt TD against the Lions. And they lost to the Rams.

IMO the offense had only 4 decent games all season on offense, and no games where they were explosive.

Back to Zorn what has he shown to special at?

In Game adjustments?

Clock managment?

Game planning/out scheming the oppositon?

Motivational/leadership skills?

Fostering absolute trust with his players?

IMO he seems like a good QB coach but I wonder what is it he does well beyond that? So yeah I do think if the D carries the team again and the O isn't at least mediocre, he will be gone, and IMO should be gone in that case.

Archived