Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny on Mike and Mike in the Morning

bishtw

It's a great day to be a Redskin fan. AH is waaaaay better than any DL coming out of the 2009 draft. Consider this our #1 pick and we still have another pick at 13! For all those naysayers, they're just envious of an owner who will pay any amount to help make his team a winner. HTTR

They were just talking about it again. Greeney said it would scare him to have so much tied up into one player. He asked Golic if he thought it wouldn't have made more sense to get another 300+ pound guy that was cheaper to run stop.

Golic said he thought if they have the money it is a smart move as he can make the entire defense better. Surprised, Golic usually poo poos whatever we do.

While I'm all sorts of nervous about the impact of this deal, to be fair, we didn't bring Haynesworth in to stop the run. Oh, he'll be great on the plays when he happens to blow up interior blocking and knock down opposing running backs for a two yards loss. But that wasn't what drove us to sign him. The ultimate reason was that he's collapsed the pocket better than any DT in the league over the past couple of years, and there's nothing on our defense that we've lacked more. Nothing.

He's a terrible liar. I heard him on the way in to work. At least say something like, "We started talks after midnight". Saying that they "started at 1201" is laughable.

As to the signing, as an Eagle fan, it makes a very good defense even better. But, losing SS, even with the minimal time he plays hurts, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would have thought the money better invested on the Oline and then use picks to get DL, but that's must MO.

Concerning Springs, I've always been a Springs supporter and when heathy, I believed he is on of th better DBs in the league. For most of is time here, we were a completely different D when he was in there. However, this past year I could notice a significant decline in his play. With Rogers coming on and Hall now here, I don't believ he will be missed. On a side note, i am a little worried about Roger's current mindset/attitude. I'm hoping he gets things straightened out and we can extend him as I believe he is extremely underated.

Concerning Albert, I disagree with your opinion. It seems like OLs are slightly safer picks than DLs in the draft. There isn't anothr OL or DL in the draft or FA that can matc Al's impact or ability. I think shoring up the dl now and drafting OL to get younger there is the right thing to do. Really, our only other significant need is a lb after/if we take care of the line. I would like to see Dock back in the BnG. Oh, and

:eaglesuck;)

Stupid moves and another 8-8 season.

I'm with you. Everyone here is glowing about this right now, but just wait. This is not how you build a franchise, people. People don't realize that Springs and JT will have to leave just so we can fill up the holes on the OL with average players instead of going after actual good players like Brown.

Stupid moves and another 8-8 season.

this is what i have a bad feeling about. weve gotten excited before about stuff before it happens. ive learned from the 2006 season that signing huge contracts for one or two guys isnt always the best idea.

and 43 million guaranteed is insanity. i hope we can still address the o-line at all at this point.

Wait a minute. There is much more depth in the draft for OL than DT. Picking a first round OL is the smarter move. DL bust at a much higher rate and the talent level after Raji drops off considerably. This was a very smart move playing the percentages. There was a great need for a high impact, game changing player on the Redskins. These moves, Haynesworth and Hall, makes our defense one to be reckoned with. The only piece missing is SLB. The Redskins may have to take a chance on the best LB available in the third round of the draft. If the Redskins have to part ways with Springs then so be it. He is one of those players who cannot stay healthy and never has. When he is healthy he is very good but he can't be counted on. How many times over the last couple of years has he been a game time decision to play? That has to throw the defense into flux. Sure they prepare to play without him if need be but the team needs to have one plan that can be practiced and implemented to be consistant and sucessful. He has also show that he can be uncoperative with the of season training program. I don't think it's too much to ask for a player to train under team supervision. The trainers want to see how he prepares and rightfully so. He is one of those players that refuses to play unless he is 100% and for the kind of money these guys get paid these should be more desire and leadership shown than what he exhibits. To sum this up; Haynesworth and Hall signings good. Cutting Springs; good. Sign Dockery; do it. More work to do at LB and OL; yes BUT these things can be addressed in the draft.

If we get Dock, then we go into the draft looking good, we need a replacement for Washington on D and another stud DT to go along with Fat Albert couldn't hurt. Dock is huge, he comes back and the original dirtbags will be back together, plus he is younger than Kendall. I'm think Malaluga although I would still like Jerry.

I'm with you. Everyone here is glowing about this right now, but just wait. This is not how you build a franchise, people. People don't realize that Springs and JT will have to leave just so we can fill up the holes on the OL with average players instead of going after actual good players like Brown.

If they signed Haynesworth don't they have to be under the cap? Cutting Springs and Taylor would put them ~14 mill under and Brown will cost less then that.

Archived