Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens, Brown (offensive lineman) far apart on deal... (Reskins)

slinky

They'd be more expensive in the end, yes. But we'd also be filling four needs rather than one.

Three of them: Crowell, Canty and Dockery would be damned close to the number that Haynesworth would cost.

They may be close to the number that Haynesworth would cost but I don't think they're close to player Haynesworth is.

And that's the three of them combined. :2cents:

They may be close to the number that Haynesworth would cost but I don't think they're close to player Haynesworth is.

And that's the three of them combined. :2cents:

Ok, so we have a stud defensive tackle, who may or may not pan out, and we have a shoddy OLB, the same DEs, and the same old guards?

We're not one piece away from a championship. If we were, I'd agree with you.

Ok, so we have a stud defensive tackle, who may or may not pan out, and we have a shoddy OLB, the same DEs, and the same old guards?

We wouldn't have the same DEs if I was in charge.

Jason Taylor would have been cut. Shawn Springs as well.

But that's just me.

How are we front runners on every single FA. I would rather have Brown over AH anyways though.

While I do believe that The Dan will be dangling bags full of cash in front of at least two relatively in-demand free agents, the simple fact is that every agent wants his client to be linked to the Redskins right now. It drives up the contract offers.

Shoddy OLB is gone. Same DE's when healthy and have a presence in the middle will excell.

There are quite a few OLB available in FA right now

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2009OLB.php

There's nothing wrong with Thomas (other than age) and Rinehard would probably make a run at starting the other OG position next year.

Shoddy OLB is gone. Same DE's when healthy and have a presence in the middle will excell.

There are quite a few OLB available in FA right now

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2009OLB.php

There's nothing wrong with Thomas (other than age) and Rinehard would probably make a run at starting the other OG position next year.

You're missing my point.

If we sign Haynesworth, we probably won't be getting a solid OLB.

So we'll have an even shoddier OLB in Blades starting for us.

Same DEs, I doubt Taylor and Carter do enough to warrant the lack of run stopping ability we'll have on the edges.

I'm not comfortable at all with Rinehart. He couldn't see the field with a messed up situation last year. I have no confidence in him at this point. Maybe training camp can change that.

And Thomas is old.

Okay, so the same DEs, with our starters being Andre Carter and Rob Jackson?

Actually, I would resign Evans.

IMO,Jason Taylor is totally miscast as a LDE.

There are two alternatives: Cut Taylor or cut Carter and allow Taylor to play his natural position.

And since it would be more costly to cut Carter (and he's younger), Taylor is the logical one to go.

At least that's how I see things.

We wouldn't have the same DEs if I was in charge.

Jason Taylor would have been cut. Shawn Springs as well.

But that's just me.

The point is not what you would do, but what the most likely outcome would be and how much more you get with those players than you do with Haynesworth.

People also need to realize he only played 65% of the def snaps in Tenn. He is no where near worth the value of that contract.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket is the rule. I hope the Skins FO recognizes this.

Rabach is fine but he's not getting any younger. Brown would be a great addition as he is young and versatile enough to play other positions on the line as well.

I'm questioning the whole Dock thing. Why would Buffalo cut someone they invested all that money into after 2 seasons? Doesn't sound right.

He didn't fit their system.

We just have an difference of opinion about how much more we'd get out those players as compared to Haynesworth. :cheers:

No. We don't. I agree Haynesworth would help us more at that spot than any of the other guys at the other spots.

What I disagree with is that he'd help us more in total.

I think people here are really overrating Haynesworth quite a bit, despite the fact he's an excellent player. He's not good enough to make up for sub par DE play, sub par OL play and sub par guard/center play. He's just not.

You're missing my point.

Same DEs, I doubt Taylor and Carter do enough to warrant the lack of run stopping ability we'll have on the edges.

I'm not comfortable at all with Rinehart. He couldn't see the field with a messed up situation last year. I have no confidence in him at this point. Maybe training camp can change that.

And Thomas is old.

Well we are assuming anything here but lets go with the fact we dont get Haynesworth.

We still will have no interior pass rush, and therefore ineffective DE's.

Right now this team needs a starting OT, OLB, CB, upgrade at DT and OG. We have a limited cap number to work with and 4 draft picks (so far) this year.

We aren't in a position to have our cake and eat it too.

No. We don't. I agree Haynesworth would help us more at that spot than any of the other guys at the other spots.

What I disagree with is that he'd help us more in total.

I think people here are really overrating Haynesworth quite a bit, despite the fact he's an excellent player. He's not good enough to make up for sub par DE play, sub par OL play and sub par guard/center play. He's just not.

You have a point. :cheers:

But nonetheless, I'm not going to cry if we land Haynesworth.

There is another option with our defense.

Move Rocky McIntosh to Strong OLB, find a more robust LDE (Orakpo would be perfect, but I doubt he falls to 13), and move Taylor weakside OLB with Carter at RDE.

In this scenario, you aren't collapse the pocket from the front with a DT. You are using speed to collapse the pocket from the weakside of the offensive formation.

Just a thought on how we could use what we already have.

I have always felt that we would go OLB first up in the draft & I still think that is where we'll end up trying to find a new starting OLB.

I like how with every free agent, the media makes us out to be front runners. This is really the first source that said we were after Brown. The Post said we were looking at second tier FA lineman. I like this guy and he would be a guard for us, but I just don't know if we will really get him. Boy wouldn't he and Dockery upgrade our interior line play immediately? I would love to have Haynesworth but I think signing a guy like Brown presents a much less risk. But the reward with Haynesworth is very appealing.

Archived