Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Voices In My Head: signing Haynesworth key to Hall's return.

Kpayn17

I have heard from multiple sources that the key to Hall signing with the Skins is the signing of Haynesworth. Hall said before his time with the Raiders that he functions best, and wants to play with, a good front four that can take pressure of the DBs. If Haynesworth comes back, word is Hall resigns, which is perhaps why Snyder made such an overt move in having dinner with Big Al's agent, so that Hall would sign before Haynesworth did, and before free agency. IMO, with the addition of this massive DT, cutting of Springs, and the retaining of a happy Carlos (cus Springs is gone) and Hall would make our defense go from 4th...bend and dont break, to a 4th ranked defense that can win games for you. Add cheap OL, scat-back, and OLB in FA or the draft (or Orakpo to add even more versiility), and we are sitting pretty for next year.

What do you guys think?

I agree with most of your points with the exception of the cheap OL help. There is no reason not to draft really high OL help or if we can get a good FA. There was a major reason we lost games on the offensive side of the ball and that was because we couldn't protect the QB and we couldn't run the ball effectively.

I have heard from multiple sources that the key to Hall signing with the Skins is the signing of Haynesworth. Hall said before his time with the Raiders that he functions best, and wants to play with, a good front four that can take pressure of the DBs. If Haynesworth comes back, word is Hall resigns, which is perhaps why Snyder made such an overt move in having dinner with Big Al's agent, so that Hall would sign before Haynesworth did, and before free agency. IMO, with the addition of this massive DT, cutting of Springs, and the retaining of a happy Carlos (cus Springs is gone) and Hall would make our defense go from 4th...bend and dont break, to a 4th ranked defense that can win games for you. Add cheap OL, scat-back, and OLB in FA or the draft (or Orakpo to add even more versiility), and we are sitting pretty for next year.

What do you guys think?

Well if this is the case, it's tampering like some speculate, thus we'll lose a draft pick.

Thanks a lot "sources".

Shawn Springs is his source. Springs was on Doc Walkers show about a month ago saying this same thing when asked about him and Hall being back. Springs said both of them were watching what happens with the D-Line because corners want to play with a team that has a strong line like the Steelers as he used as an example. He said when their is pressure it puts more pressure on the QB and allows CBs to make more plays on the ball. So I know one source is Springs talking for him and hall.

Of course Hall wants a front 4 that makes his job easier. He's a gambler, which means a good front 4 exemplifies his talents, while a poor front 4 makes him be a better defender and take less chances. Which is why he and Rogers make a damn good tandem. Rogers is a better defender, Hall has the hands and nose for the ball.

Archived