Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins should draft LB Rey Mauluga

Drunken Master III

USC players are overrated.

All though in games I saw, Maluga was great. But the cast around him was great as well.

They are overrated. Plus he just blew up hamstring in the combine. He's trying to hide it, but when it happened you could tell it was the bad one. When you go down to both knees your either a ***** or you really hurt yourself, and he's definately not a *****.

Can't miss with SC players?

Mike Williams

Kineche Udeze

Shaun Cody

Winston Justice

Todd Marinovich

Rob Johnson

Darrell Russell

Reggie Bush

Mike Patterson

USC guys are like free agents instead of draft picks since most already get paid. They also aren't high on the character list.

I don't know how long Maualuga can carry the "free OJ" emotion into the NFL.

You can, indeed, miss on USC guys, but most of those misses are from their offense. I would like Maualuga as a redskin but he didn't run particularly fast on his 40 (not sure at what point he hurt his hamstring) and you expect OLB's to run a bit faster than a 4.8. If the injury is bad he might fall all the way to the 2nd round.

Can't miss with SC players?

Mike Williams

Kineche Udeze

Shaun Cody

Winston Justice

Todd Marinovich

Rob Johnson

Darrell Russell

Reggie Bush

Mike Patterson

I was about to jump on that one myself. No school ever is a "can't miss" football factory.

Carson Palmer

Tony Boselli

Troy Polamalu

Junior Seau

Willie McGinest

What is your point? That makes 5 out of 14, of the names listed. 35.7% For every name you can come up with to add to your list, I'm sure more can be found to add to the first one. That hardly qualifies USC as a "Can't miss" school. No school is.

He got a concussion early in the season and missed games then he had back surgery and missed more games. Compared to other USC busts or Malcolm Kelley's playing time I guess it's decent, but for a 1st rd pick not so much.

In the games he DID play, he was excellent and solidified himself as the long-term starter at LT. As long as the back isn't a chronic problem, he's a major hit.

Still, the point remains that USC is not a "sure bet" factory, and it's an accurate one. Plenty of busts. But plenty of hits, too. It's absurd to suggest anything else.

Judge Maualuga on his talents, and not the school listed next to his name. He's not particularly disciplined or fluid, but he's a wrecking ball who makes an impact on gameday. I kind of like the idea of him at SLB, especially for his first couple seasons. I'd take him if the available OTs were not to my liking.

They are overrated. Plus he just blew up hamstring in the combine. He's trying to hide it, but when it happened you could tell it was the bad one. When you go down to both knees your either a ***** or you really hurt yourself, and he's definately not a *****.
So, you would'nt draft a player because he hurt his hamstring?

In the games he DID play, he was excellent and solidified himself as the long-term starter at LT. As long as the back isn't a chronic problem, he's a major hit.

Still, the point remains that USC is not a "sure bet" factory, and it's an accurate one. Plenty of busts. But plenty of hits, too. It's absurd to suggest anything else.

Judge Maualuga on his talents, and not the school listed next to his name. He's not particularly disciplined or fluid, but he's a wrecking ball who makes an impact on gameday. I kind of like the idea of him at SLB, especially for his first couple seasons. I'd take him if the available OTs were not to my liking.

A rookie with multiple injuries that kept him out of the lineup who underwent spine surgery is the "long term starter at LT"?

Maualaga was a good college player, but the level of talent on that team is more than most schools so good players end up looking great because the opponent has to account for so many players. Taylor Mays is by far the best player on that defense.

If I were the Skins, I would draft Rey Mauluga and put him at SLB until Fletcher retires. After that happens I'd move him to MLB. He could be our very own version of Ray Lewis for several years to come. You almost can't miss with a USC guy. They are bred for the NFL.

Thoughts?

You can actually miss with a USC player, they are coached in a very good scheme, and sometimes it's hard for them to benefit from certain schemes in the NFL. USC has been an unproductive bunch as of lately.

Archived