Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

End Zone vs 50 Yard Line Seats

poogy44

:helmet:I think I'm in the minority, but, end zone seats rock. I'm glad not many agree cause it keeps the price down and I love sitting there. 1st of all You have a 50 50 shot that the action that matters is right in front of you. Everyone knows it doesn't matter what happens between the 20's, it's the red zone that matters. 2nd the view angle is awsome. If you were coaching, where would you be standing, on the sideline or right behind the o or d. 3rd Once you get your sight line your pretty much set for the game. I sat on the 50 once behind a guy with an oversized hat and instead of the play got to watch the ball of his hat in my way whenever the play went to the left side. Then had to deal with the guy that forgot he had a seat on the right.

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

I mean there are pros and cons to sittin 50 yard line v end zone.

My sister and I had front row endzone seats once...absolutely amazinggggg....when the Skins were down at our side. When they were down in the other redzone though it was kinda hard to see what was goin on the whole time....but I would def sit there again, given the chance.

:helmet:I think I'm in the minority, but, end zone seats rock. I'm glad not many agree cause it keeps the price down and I love sitting there. 1st of all You have a 50 50 shot that the action that matters is right in front of you. Everyone knows it doesn't matter what happens between the 20's, it's the red zone that matters. 2nd the view angle is awsome. If you were coaching, where would you be standing, on the sideline or right behind the o or d. 3rd Once you get your sight line your pretty much set for the game. I sat on the 50 once behind a guy with an oversized hat and instead of the play got to watch the ball of his hat in my way whenever the play went to the left side. Then had to deal with the guy that forgot he had a seat on the right.

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

All of the seats in the 100s cost the same exact price, if you take the tailgate club and touchdown fees away of course. Just glad that over hyped crap wasn't around when the stadium opened, i dont have to pay for that stuff.

But yea it kind of sucks when the action is at the opposite end of the field, but sitting in front of the band in my seats is awesome, 9 rows off the field, so not TOO close. Of course i would love to be moved to the sidelines and have submitted requests to do so to the Redskins for the past 5 years, but they never move me, meh lol

Everyone knows it doesn't matter what happens between the 20's, it's the red zone that matters.

And that's why I put the pillar on the 50 yardline when I hand picked my season tickets in the cave. From my perch at midfiled in section 221, I can't see anything between the 40 yardlines. However, the view from the 40 yardlines through both endzones is perfect. Not priceless, but well worth $32 a seat for the big games like Dallas.

:helmet:

When I sat at RFK, I thought my back corner upper levels were the sweetest seats in the whole world. And they still would be today if I stayed there.

It's like eating chuck steak. You might think it's the best steak in the world for years on end.

And then one day you try a prime-grade ribeye.

and then suddenly, the view from the endzone takes on an ugly hue...

When I sat at RFK, I thought my back corner upper levels were the sweetest seats in the whole world. And they still would be today if I stayed there.

It's like eating chuck steak. You might think it's the best steak in the world for years on end.

And then one day you try a prime-grade ribeye.

and then suddenly, the view from the endzone takes on an ugly hue...

You must of been in the highest point in RFK, i walked up there many times after games, it was like you were looking straight down, from the visitors tunnel endzone lol :silly: I was in 418 myself 2rd row, sweet view

You must of been in the highest point in RFK, i walked up there many times after games, it was like you were looking straight down, from the visitors tunnel endzone lol :silly: I was in 418 myself 2rd row, sweet view

I think the last row at the top of section 507 in RFK is closer to the sideline than row 1 of section 401 at JKC.

What do you think Mark now that you've been in both places?

lol yes I have. RFKFedEx was kind enough to buy me a ticket to the Navy game at RFK last fall and we sat in 507.

I would say the upper seats of 507 at RFK and the lower seats of 401 (both at the 50) are pretty darned close distance-wise - relative to the field. But what really made RFK nice was that roof which covered most of the upper deck. That was sweet.

Of course, winning on a regular basis was kind of nice too... :silly:

My father had mezzanine end zone seats from 1964-1996, and I thought they were the best seats in the house.

We were covered, yet so close to the field. I like end zone because you can see the line play and the plays forming as they happen,

I will say this, you can't see the distance real well when the teams are on the other side of the 50.

So like the guy said, pros and cons

I fell in love with endzone seating after being an usher my jr. year of HS for my local CFL team. Before then I had always tried to get mid field seats, but the view from the endzone is awesome. you can see lanes develope, and actaully see who is winning the battle on the lines as oppose to one mass of large men.

You can see the secondary move around and how their actions dictate what the QB does. You can see what WR is open and where they might run to if they catch a pass.

the only drawback is when they are on the far side of the field, depth perception gets a little wonky, (short screen passes look kinda wierd). But there is nothing like seeing your team start at the opposite end and score on a long play running right at you.

I sat in 416 last year, Endzone, up high though of course, but to be honest I enjoyed them much more than sitting in 109 Row 2 because of the angle. Everything is parallel with you so you don't see the ball going here, but rather it goes in another location.

I personally like them a lot, but that's jut my .02

013.jpg

You can see different things from the different vantage points. I have sat in both and from the endzone you can really see the holes open up for the RB's and, as someone previously said, watch the secondary run right at, or away from you. But in the middle of the stadium, you definately get a better look at the majority of the action. My current seats are at midfield behind the skins bench. The only obstruction I get is at times, the tv camera gets in the way. Otherwise I have a "tv" style view of the game. I think I prefer that to the endzone, all things taken into consideration.

Archived