Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kickers in the Draft

Justsomeguy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was curious to see how many ESers are satisfied with Suisham VS how many think we should pick up someone like Gano with a late draft pick VS try the undrafted/FA market to take care of the situation.

I would hate to use a draft pick on a kicker personally, but at the same time feel we lost too many games the last couple years because of either missed field goals or a kicker without enough leg to hit the long one in worst case scenarios.

No more wasting draft picks on any kind of kickers. It's a waste.

Not if you get a stud.

All kickers have to start somewhere. On the face of it, taking one of the best collegiate punters in many a year in Brooks was a good pick at the time. He just didn't pan out and fully assimilate to life as a pro as quickly as we wanted.

But as regards the OP, not this draft. We have WAY too few picks and WAY more pressing neeeds to throw a pick at a kicker this draft who's not exactly set the college World alight.

But we sure as hell need to get SOMEONE in to replace the Canucks useless ass.

Even a stop-gap like Carney for a year would be a major upgrade on "Miss'am."

Hail.

The more I think about it the more I would like to sign Gano. A solid kicker we could keep for years. If we somehow get our hands on Orakpo if he falls to #13 and all other picks to O-line we should be able to draft Gano. The man was kicking 65 yarders in HS!! Suisham can't kick a freaking 30!!!

1 DE + 1 OG + 1 OT + 1 helluva Kicker=1 Hellvua Draft

The more I think about it the more I would like to sign Gano. A solid kicker we could keep for years. The man was kicking 65 yarders in HS!!

This doesn't sound familiar at all? Weren't people drooling over Durant Brooks kicking a 76 yard punt in college, and being the Ray Guy award winner, he would be "a solid kicker we could keep for years?"

I promise we can get the exact same thing off the street that we can get with a 6th round pick.

Graham Gano, Florida State

Height: 6-1. Weight: 195.

1/15/09: Quickly becoming one of the nation's sharpest kickers, Graham Gano nailed 24-of-26 field goals in 2008, including 5-of-5 from 40-49 and 5-of-7 from 50-plus.

Gano FTW!!!!

He can kick really well as well as punt very well. It would be awesome to have our K and P be the same person and not take up a roster spot for a P AND and K!

Suisham is a journeyman kicker. How many kickers have the Cowboys now cut that have been signed by other NFC clubs? Geez, it must be at least 8-10 by now.

Suisham is mediocre. He is just not consistently so. He was above average in 2007 and decidedly awful in 2008.

I think any year your kicker and punter both finish at the bottom of the conference standings you need NEW scouts in the front office.

This doesn't sound familiar at all? Weren't people drooling over Durant Brooks kicking a 76 yard punt in college, and being the Ray Guy award winner, he would be "a solid kicker we could keep for years?"

I promise we can get the exact same thing off the street that we can get with a 6th round pick.

Sakoda has him beat....kicked an 81 yard punt vs Wyoming

Archived