Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Musicians Thread All things Guitars Gigs and other Gear

rd421

I started this thread earlier in the year just to post new gear or newly wanted gear. I'd like to see this become a place for Musicians to talk about all things music like

What new gear are you in to

What are some new things you have tried

Any Gig info

New band info

you know anything that pertains to the only passion that equals our love of the skins....Music...

Hope this turns into a great thread!

Behold my new Pearl SRX Custom Drums attachment.php?attachmentid=268102&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=268100&stc=1

This pic is the exact set of mine but are not mine the only difference is I have a Pearl plate on the kick drum instead of the hardware on the kick drum, my first tom in not hanging it is on a snare stand which i like better and my heads are white remo emperor heads. Also i have a different cymbal set up. Ill post pics of my set as soon as i can get some taken and uploaded, I put these pics on bc this kit is the same as mine exactly.

The specs are Kick drum 22'' Snare 14'' 1st tom 12'' 2nd tom 14'' All maple shells this thing sounds AMAZING best tone I have played and I have played a lot of different kits over the years. Very clean very nice.

In the spirit of new instruments anyone got anything new lately or even better have your eye on anything new?

Show some pics

Let rock this ES Style

nice kit man. Do you use a tension watch to tune your drums or do you just do it by ear?

I have one but more or less i tune it to ear then make the ensions as even as i can and still get the tone I like...In any case this kit is unbelievable...the clean deep tones are just so nice that it makes the kit that much more fun to play!

This is my newest guitar and my newest amp. And by newest I mean I bought the guitar in 1994 and the amp in 1988...:(

That looks like a for-real Fender in the picture (kinda fuzzy, though). Can't be sad about that. Especially when their newest product is the "Road Worn" series. :rolleyes:

I got a new bass for my birthday back in October to replace my Squier Jazz Bass. It's an Ibanez Jet-King.

JTKB200_BS_27_01.gif

What I got -

2676932470049740461S425x425Q85.jpg

What I want -

ElecronicsRolandTD20.JPG

I also have an older Pearl Export that I'm in the process of stripping and sanding. I'm going to give shells separately to my artist friends to have paint as they will, then give them a nice gloss and maybe some new hardware. Should be pretty cool when I'm finished.

^^^^^

Do you gig with the electric kit or just practice at home?

I just use it for practice at home, but more specifically, I'm not gigging at the moment. However, were I to gig, I would use my acoustic, unless I had a great reason to drag the Roland out somewhere.

Unfortunately, my acoustic sounds like crap anyway, it needs work, which is why I don't feel bad about the stripping and re-painting it. When I need a decent sounding kit, I'll pick one up.

Maybe one of these:

gretsch%20club%20mod%20red%20and%20black%281%29.jpg

No real reason specifically, in my research of mid-range kits, Gretsch consistently got great reviews about it's tone and range, and I like the finishes.

I'll take anything though, and when the time comes that I actually DO purchase a new set, it could be something entirely different once I sit down and test-run the drums.

Edit: I would like a stain instead of a wrap though, that's for sure.

No real reason specifically, in my research of mid-range kits, Gretsch consistently got great reviews about it's tone and range, and I like the finishes.

I'll take anything though, and when the time comes that I actually DO purchase a new set, it could be something entirely different once I sit down and test-run the drums.

Edit: I would like a stain instead of a wrap though, that's for sure.

Oh yeah bro hands down...not even close haha. Something about wrapped drums just feels like a nock off to me...Its like bro you just spent 4k on that DW kit why did you get it wrapped?

My old kit is a Pearl ELX with the AMber mist finish...im actually trying to sell that on now to help pay for what i just got haha!

Oh yeah bro hands down...not even close haha. Something about wrapped drums just feels like a nock off to me...Its like bro you just spent 4k on that DW kit why did you get it wrapped?

Exactly. Crap....Now I'm going to be stuck looking at drums online all day, and I'll probably find myself at Guitar Center or Best Buy (ours just got a Musical Instruments Department a few months ago) drooling on the merchandise.

Any reason for gretsche specifically? I always like to hear what people who play other brands like about that specific gear...I was just at a show where a guy had this huge birch gretsche set it sounded amazing!

a couple years ago i upgraded to the Gretsch Renown Maple. I was shopping at guitar center and the tone was just perfect on it. very warm, and it is very versatile in the way it can be tuned and played. rock, jazz and everything in between, the kit responds nicely. the only kit i liked better at the store was a $3000 DW. so i was happy to pay a third of that price for a kit that sounded so good.

This is my Tama Starclassic Performer I got 3 years ago.

Mostly Tama Hardware, Pearl Eliminator pedals (meh).

14" Sabian fusion hats, 16" Paste Sig crash, 20" Zildjian Heavy Dry Ride, 18" Zildjian A Custom Crash. I don't care for posing, whatever sounded the best, I bought. The set gives off a GREAT tone if you spend just a little effort tuning your drum heads. However, it certainly lacks projection, you can believe Birch kits have a major drop-off in volume compared to Maple.

Picture017.jpg

Picture008.jpg

This is my Tama Starclassic Performer I got 3 years ago.

Mostly Tama Hardware, Pearl Eliminator pedals (meh).

14" Sabian fusion hats, 16" Paste Sig crash, 20" Zildjian Heavy Dry Ride, 18" Zildjian A Custom Crash. I don't care for posing, whatever sounded the best, I bought. The set gives off a GREAT tone if you spend just a little effort tuning your drum heads. However, it certainly lacks projection, you can believe Birch kits have a major drop-off in volume compared to Maple.

Hm, PhotoBucket is not your friend. The kit sounds nice though, great cymbal choices. I'm that same way about cymbals, if it sounds great, buy it. My favorite cymbal is a Paiste Prototype Crash I picked up at Guitar Center a few years back, it's incredible. I love my K Customs, but I've cracked 2 already, and that makes me sad :(.

I've played with several different setups over the years. I currently have two main basses that I play: a 5-string Warwick Thumb, and a 4-string Fender Jazz Deluxe. My amp is a Gallien-Krueger 2001RB rack mounted with a Furman power conditioner, DBX 166 compressor, & an Aphex aural exciter with big boom. My speaker cabinet is a SWR 8 x 10" Megoliath. I'd post pics from my most recent studio session but I'm not familiar with how to do so.

Archived