Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis Total Access Interview/Lobbying for Skins @ Pro Bowl (merged x 3) MET

CPAllTheWay012

Please tell me you aren't serious?

Moss would barely be #3 on that team.

And this is the problem, all this comparisons are done unfairly, Boldin has a QB in Arizona, Moss does not. You can not compare receiver's if their QB can't throw. Does any one actually believe Boldin catches 100 balls if JC was his QB? Not a chance. In fact I would go as far to say if Boldin played here from day 1 he would be an after thought just like Moss has become.

Funny thing is in order for JC to actually be good, every WR we have, and had, has to be horrible, not buying it.

Put a real QB behind center and our receivers will look a whole lot better.

Randy Moss was/still is one dimensional as well, but I don't think anyone would argue his significance in the passing game. Point being: One dimensional Fitzgerald still was good enough to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. With him putting the pieces together, he's the best, as he consistently showed in the playoffs.

Not only have I heard this straight from the mouths of Cards fans, but there are statistics that show that Boldin's numbers vs. competent(not necessarily elite) CB's are pedestrian. There are also overwhelming statistics that show that Rogers, is was not only our best corner last year, but one of the best in the league - this, despite his slide in production in the latter part of the year. Someone resurrected an old link I read a month ago or so that ranks Rogers 8th overall amongst all starting corners.

Boldin's matchup against Springs yielded a very quiet 3 catches for 25 yards. Now, Springs is far from a slouch, but those numbers don't really appear very consistent with the image some of the posters in this thread are trying to portray. As a matter fact, its matchups similar to that one that our own Santana Moss gets criticism for. Meanwhile, we have Anquan Boldin, who has only played 2 full seasons his entire career and will be 29 by about week 5 of next season is getting groupie love from our fan base. Lets say we somehow acquire Boldin, how long will it take after Boldin has a 3 catch, 25 yard game in a losing effort for everyone to turn on him and say "we need to get a true #1" blah blah blah...

With all that being said, if he could be signed outright, I'd love to see him play here. Boldin and Santana would be a problem. He's not going to be a "hot free agent" for the simple fact that he is not a free agent. He still has 2 years remaining on his contract if I'm not mistaken. I'm personally more interested in seeing what Devin can do. He's more physically gifted than Boldin IMO, he just needs to "put the pieces" together so to speak. Bringing in a high priced FA would only push him down the depth chart and slow his growth.

Excellent post!

If he really wanted to help he would be talking to QB's' date=' and offensive linemen.[/quote']

I read the article on skins and Jason next year I see message boards and threads. But If they would just unleash JC to his full potential and let him use his arm then him not throw int like he didn't most of last season. JC is a good QB but like most time we find out after they leave and we play and have great careers after ward and we can post thread like why did we let him go! Other then that Anquan Teamate Boldin should be arriving in few weeks along with Haynesworth. Redskins are just trying to kid everyone they won't spend Danny wants his Ring

Boldin for Rogers and Randle el.

Do you think the Cards would go for that. I would say defenitly do it if they did.

Wisenhunt won a superbowl with El right? And they defenitly need help at corner.

I wish it could happen Boldin and Moss would be a sick duo.

Why wouldn't they?

They have maybe 2 or three more years with McNabb' date=' their defense is amazing. All they need is recievers, why not get what would be one of the best corps in the league?[/quote']

2 or 3 years with McNabb? Are you kidding me? If they couldn't get it done with him in his prime they can't do it anytime. You do realize..this year it was set up all for him. He got benched, had a decent season and came back to reclaim the role and led his team to the playoffs and got to the championship. He lost, again. He's a loser. His team is a bunch of losers and the Eagles suck.

Their defense is NOT "amazing". I'm sorry. I guarentee you I study the NFL more then you and their defense is DEFFINITLY NOT AMAZING.

Boldin for Rogers and Randle el.

Do you think the Cards would go for that. I would say defenitly do it if they did.

Wisenhunt won a superbowl with El right? And they defenitly need help at corner.

I wish it could happen Boldin and Moss would be a sick duo.

The only real problem with that would be that both of our WR's are YAC recievers. Leaving us needing a deep threat. I understand Moss is a deep threat, but look at his own interviews. Zorn even integrated YAC plays for him because Santana isn't crazy about going deep.

We would have to give up Draft picks. I would be all for if El was traded and they took him.

Think about it. They have Breaston who could be a future pro bowler, who can replace boldin if traded. So why not give them a guy that could be an effective slot guy with their draft pick Doucet as the 4th.

Trading them rogers would leave us depleted at corner. Springs cant stay healthy and Hall, we dont even know if he will resign with us.

ROGERS IS NOT GETTING TRADED!!!

That was a stupid ridiculous rumor started by JLC and his own theory. Only because Rogers said he wasnt a 3rd corner, JLC all of a sudden thinks he wants out and is going to get traded. NO!!

He is a great cover corner, plus he just came off major reconstructive surgery, and had a good year. His problem is he cant catch, but that is not something that is the 1st thing a corner has to do. I am fine with him just locking down receivers and making sure they dont catch it. Him being able to catch the ball is a luxury.

And the Cards do not need help at Corner, they got DRC and Rolle with Hood. Rogers would be a 3rd corner on that team, so yeah he would not be happy there either.

Maybe give them betts. I mean JJ Arrington is a FA, Edge is probably gone, they got Hightower.

Either way a Boldin trade would be highly difficult. We really have to keep our 1st.

I would only trade for Boldin if all these scenarios happened, bare with me:

Trade our 09 1st + 09 5th + ARE + Betts FOR Boldin

Then we follow that up with trading our 2010 1st + 09 3rd to the Dolphins for the 25th pick and the 44th pick or their latter 2nd rounder. Kind of what the Panthers did last year to get Otah.

Parcells always likes the mid round guys and he has gotten great value out of them.

We draft Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt.

On top of signing Haynesworth and Dansby. (Cut springs, Washington, Griffin, maybe Taylor, saves us a bunch of money.)

That would be my dream scenario.

Not saying any of those deals are realistic.

2 or 3 years with McNabb? Are you kidding me? If they couldn't get it done with him in his prime they can't do it anytime. You do realize..this year it was set up all for him. He got benched, had a decent season and came back to reclaim the role and led his team to the playoffs and got to the championship. He lost, again. He's a loser. His team is a bunch of losers and the Eagles suck.

Their defense is NOT "amazing". I'm sorry. I guarentee you I study the NFL more then you and their defense is DEFFINITLY NOT AMAZING.

Lol Thats what I'm talking about. We aint got time for the Sheagles on here. Yes, their defense is NOT amazing. All they do is blitz and it exposed a mediocre Romo sits to pee, a Tavaris Jackson, and a sorry Eli Manning.

I would only trade for Boldin if all these scenarios happened, bare with me:

Trade our 09 1st + 09 5th + ARE + Betts FOR Boldin

Then we follow that up with trading our 2010 1st + 09 3rd to the Dolphins for the 25th pick and the 44th pick or their latter 2nd rounder. Kind of what the Panthers did last year to get Otah.

Parcells always likes the mid round guys and he has gotten great value out of them.

We draft Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt.

On top of signing Haynesworth and Dansby. (Cut springs, Washington, Griffin, maybe Taylor, saves us a bunch of money.)

That would be my dream scenario.

Not saying any of those deals are realistic.

Thats nice

But why not just get Anquan Boldin for ARE, Springs, and Betts instead of the draft picks. We still need those picks for the trenches.

Our RB lineup can be Portis, DOrsey, CartRight, and Marcus Mason.

We can also pick up Leigh Bodden from the Lions to take up Spring's spot.

What do u think about that?

I dont want to see him come to Washington for one reason. I want to see if "Vinny's" draft picks pan out. Thomas/Kelly/Davis should get significant time. If they turn out busts then Vinny should lose his job. Lets stick with what we have.

Cut a few players and stay out of "cap hell". Sign a few moderate FAs and stick to the draft!!!

All these crazy trades would reek havok on the salary cap.

Thats nice

But why not just get Anquan Boldin for ARE, Springs, and Betts instead of the draft picks. We still need those picks for the trenches.

Our RB lineup can be Portis, DOrsey, CartRight, and Marcus Mason.

We can also pick up Leigh Bodden from the Lions to take up Spring's spot.

What do u think about that?

:doh: Dude, you really think that Cardinals are stupid enough to give up an All-Pro young wide receiver for an overpaid slot receiver, a 33 year old CB with injury issues, and a back up RB that's 29 years old and really isn't an upgrade over Edge or Hightower?

As nice as it would be to have Anquan on our team, it's seriously a luxary we cannot afford right now. Before we even think about adding more players at the WR position, we need to:

A) See if Devin or Malcolm pan out for us.

B) See if Jason is our QB for the long run, because he's the key to all of this.

C) Shore up the offensive line so that Jason (or whoever else) has the time to throw, and we're able to run the ball effectively for more than half a season.

D) Unload one of our current starting WRs that are seriously overpaid.

Archived