Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does this Arizona Cardinals of 2008-9 Make you hopefull for the skins?

End2round2sanders

Arizona showed me how important a QB is to a team's success. Even ferocious defenses, ears pinned back and gunning for the QB during obvious passing downs, can be thwarted by a quick thinking QB with a quick release.

A good QB who can connect with good receivers... that certainly can help the running game too. If Portis had been running for the Cards during the Super Bowl -- the Steelers would probably have lost.

Arizona showed me how important a QB is to a team's success. Even ferocious defenses, ears pinned back and gunning for the QB during obvious passing downs, can be thwarted by a quick thinking QB with a quick release.

A good QB who can connect with good receivers... that certainly can help the running game too. If Portis had been running for the Cards during the Super Bowl -- the Steelers would probably have lost.

This really should be a separate thread. QB play is borne out again as maybe THE key factor in postseason success. Even if you limp into the playoffs, a quality QB can at least grab you a win or get you to the big dance.

If we're relying on a guy who is NOT a game manager to BECOME a 'game manager' then that means years of NOT competing. You don't have a run like the Pats or Steelers or even Eagles in the last several years and have a mediocre game manager under center.

If Jason develops into MORE than that, something like a Big Ben (but Big Ben has BEEN Big Ben almost the entire time--he was great in college) then maybe we can compete on a consistent basis.

Now, if we get the right breaks and Jason really, REALLY improves, then yeah we could steal a SB berth in there but we'd be one and done.

But right now, I don't see that from us and more than the line or the running game or our wideouts, I see that as our issue.

Warner is a great QB and Big Ben is a great in his own way. He holds the ball too long but he's big enough to afford to do that and find ways to make plays.

I wonder how many Cardinals fans said the same thing about Bidwill?

That is one of the worst examples you could possibly have used. :doh:

Yeah, I'm totally optimistic, what with the future hall of famer at center, and the the duo of super-receiver the Skins have. Wait a minute...

Its funny how some excused our second-half-of-the-season swoon on the fact that we had to play "all these tough defenses." And Pittsburgh's D certainly is excellent, but guess what? Warner and his receivers showed that you can actually come back on them.

Contrast that to our game versus Pitt when once they got up by over a TD you were left with very little confidence that we had the ability to come back, and it just shows how much work we have in front of us on offense.

no, and heres why:

they have a legit QB in warner. yes hes old, but he had his mark brunell revival season this year.

they have 2 #1 receivers, both incredible. they also have breaston who is very good.

they have two runningbacks that can play well.

so their offense is loaded with weapons, their line is a little shaky, but they made do because warner could make quick reads, and dudes ran awesome routes.

their defense has legit playmakers. DRC looks like a legit #1 corner, adrian wilson is an incredible saftey, darnell docket is a real pass rush threat, chike okefor is a solid LB, antrelle rolle and hood are both good corners. they have guys that people worry about on defense, and their defensive scheme is very good, its about blitzing and bringing heat.

the redskins have close to none of this. candle is a joke of a QB, our receivers with him are a nonfactor, and portis cant do it all by himself.

our defense plays a bland bend dont break scheme, and our only legit playmakers are in the secondary, and it takes more than CBs/Ss to get it done. our line is a joke unless its against the run, and our LBs dont blitz often, and arent great in pass coverage. fletcher is the only one that could be a game changer, and usually hes not.

we dont get turnovers, we dont force fumbles, and our defense falls apart when it counts.

we are a bad team in my opinion that had a nice run in the first half of the season. we eeked out some bad victories against total garbage teams, won 2 divisional games on the road that impressed everyone, and in the 2nd half we showed who we really were.

sad but true.

Archived