Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe or Paul?

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

How anybody could say Paul is more valuable then Dwight Howard is mind boggling. Look at all the DOMINANT teams in NBA history. They didn't have a PG as their best player, they had a big man. Well except for Jordan he is special. Now am I saying that Paul will never when, hell no I aint saying that.

But hands down if I was building a team with age not being a factor:

Kobe

Lebron

Howard

Paul

Bynum

Yes I have Kobe and Lebron over Howard but come on them dudes are Jordanish type players.

MLSKINS, the Showtime Lakers had both (Magic AND Kareem).

Was Kareem not a dominant big man?? but I see what you are saying.

I think I am going to retract my previous statement and say this.

You need a dominant big man or a "special player" i.e. Jordan and Bird. To be a NBA Dynasty.

Kobe is, Lebron is. Chris Paul isn't.... at the moment. If he could get better maybe he would become a special player. But history shows that small men without that big presence in the inside never does nothing. Now if somehow someway Paul and Howard becomes teammates they could be deadly. If that happens I hope that happens with the Wizards

How anybody could say Paul is more valuable then Dwight Howard is mind boggling. Look at all the DOMINANT teams in NBA history. They didn't have a PG as their best player, they had a big man. Well except for Jordan he is special. Now am I saying that Paul will never when, hell no I aint saying that.

But hands down if I was building a team with age not being a factor:

Kobe

Lebron

Howard

Paul

Bynum

Yes I have Kobe and Lebron over Howard but come on them dudes are Jordanish type players.

lol, who's saying that? This thread has nothing to do with Dwight. History tells us dominant big men = championship, but that doesn't have much to do with the thread.

And really, Bynum? That made me gag a bit in my mouth.

lol, who's saying that? This thread has nothing to do with Dwight. History tells us dominant big men = championship, but that doesn't have much to do with the thread.

And really, Bynum? That made me gag a bit in my mouth.

ACW ranked Howard behind Paul and that is when I thought about him.

As far as Bynum goes, you will just have to wait and see. Remember when he came in he was only 17. Then when he was starting to come to his own he got injured. By the end of 2010 Bynum will be a force and quite possibly be better then my main man Dwight Howard.

Kobe's been in the league a hell of a lot longer than CP3. For the record I thought CP3 should have gotten MVP last year too, he didn't have as much to work with with the Hornets.

Despite the OP saying disregard age, I still choose Paul. He's doing some amazing things as such a young age, and he'll only get better.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. but who got the MVP instead? ;)

Good question. If I was putting together an NBA team I would have to go with CP3 just for the simple fact that he can make others around him better.

Kobe is more of a 1 man show, the guy can do it all (no doubt there) but I don't think he has the ability to create opportunities for his teammates the way CP does. Tough decision.

Good question. If I was putting together an NBA team I would have to go with CP3 just for the simple fact that he can make others around him better.

Kobe is more of a 1 man show, the guy can do it all (no doubt there) but I don't think he has the ability to create opportunities for his teammates the way CP does. Tough decision.

Have you ever watched Kobe play? The guy is a very good passer, one of the best IMO. Averages 5 assists a game which is pretty good for a 2 guard. Hell, last week he had 2 triple-doubles and 3 of 4 games where he had over 10 assists. Kobe in his early days was more of a "1 man show" but nowadays, he's a great team player. Always gets his teammates involved. If they're not doing much, Kobe takes over. Other night in against Charlotte, for example, Pau Gasol was something like 4 of 16 from the field. Would you continue getting him the ball if you could score at anytime like Kobe? I know I wouldn't if I was shooting 54% like he was that night. Kobe's no doubt a team-first player.

Lebron is the biggest ***** to play basketball. He cries for every foul, fakes fouls and generally acts like a little girl. Also he is unclutch for someone who is supposed to be the best player in the game.

However, he is a supremely talented player with the most raw talent in NBA history. However he will never reach jordan's level because he doesn't have Jordan's IQ or mental strength.

Lebron also has introduced diving into basketball, he is my most hated player in American sports.

No PG in history has one an NBA title without a dominant force inside the paint. I was having this arguement with my brother before and i ended up looking up all of the NBA champions. Really the only person to win an nba title without a dominant big man is Michael Jordan, but of course he is the exception that proves the rule.

Even Oscar Robertson who averaged a triple-double for the first 5 years of his career couldn't manage to win a championship, it was only until he played with Kareem abdul-jabbar that he won a championship.

Chris Paul is an amazing player and will go down in history, when his career is over, as legendary. There have only been a few point guards, and numerous other SGs and SFs, with his type of skills but they all needed help.

It will be interesting to see if he manages to win a title without better big men. IMO, its very unlikely. Tyson chandler will not get you a ring. David West will not get you a ring.

:thud:

No disrespect but since you said that I can't take anything you say about basketball seriously anymore. Well unless you make a bold prediction and it comes true.

You need a dominant big man or a "special player" i.e. Jordan and Bird. To be a NBA Dynasty.
THIS I'll buy. The Showtime Lakers AND the three-peat Lakers had both (Magic and Kareem; Kobe and Shaq). What about the championship Pistons in the late 80s-early 90s? Isiah and Laimbeer? Or the 04 Pistons?

Archived