Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kentucky Ice Storm

AsburySkinsFan

Well, there is 1/2 to 3/4's an inch of snow on just about everything, 90% of our town went dark last night around 10pm, got to the church this morning to find power and heat. The church is now open as a shelter, pray the power and heat stay on, its going to get busy. The Presbyterians and us are the only two churches with power right now, the hard part is getting the word out to folks; landlines are hit or miss as are cell phones. I've been in touch with the mayor and the County Judge.

If you pray, we would appreciate it, if you don't we'd appreciate some well wishes and good thoughts on our behalf, if you don't pray and decide to we won't tell. ;)

Thanks ES'ers!

I'll keep in touch.

~ASF

Good luck ASF. got a fire place? At least you could warm up

The fireplace at the house is one that works with a fan to blow the heat out, without the electricity all I'm doing is heating the chimney. The church still has power and gas heat, as long as we keep power we'll be fine. Just a matter of getting folks in who need help at this point.

Update:

Two towns around us no longer have water as their water plants have gone out.

Our church shelter is now full, no power yet for many parts in town, and not expected until the end of the week or later.

Looks like our whole area got nailed.

ASF, do u have any way to get status on lagrange water plants? I'm so far away and am having trouble finding out info for my family.

ASF, do u have any way to get status on lagrange water plants? I'm so far away and am having trouble finding out info for my family.

I wish I did, the reports that we are getting are from the local news websites and radio, and those are only covering the local Lexington area.

I've googled some stuff for Louisville news etc, but can't find anything specific. That could be a matter of "no news is good news".

I wish I did, the reports that we are getting are from the local news websites and radio, and those are only covering the local Lexington area.

I've googled some stuff for Louisville news etc, but can't find anything specific. That could be a matter of "no news is good news".

Thanks man, it sucks to be apart from my lived ones through this.

Update: Well the status quo has held so far. Power is slowly getting restored throughout the town, but the vast majority is still very very dark. Wal-Mart is open finally so we can get needed supplies.

Last head count had us at 40 people at the church, all other church members accounted for, so pretty good news considering the circumstances.

We appreciate continued prayers that the status quo will continue to hold.

I asked our Red Cross guy about any news from Lagrange and he hadn't heard of any "news" from that area that stood out, so we're assuming that things there are probably similar to here. We do still have two towns with no water though due to the pump stations being without power, both are good sized cities, so they need prayer too.

Thanks all and I pray everyone else fairs well tonight.

Update: Well the status quo has held so far. Power is slowly getting restored throughout the town, but the vast majority is still very very dark. Wal-Mart is open finally so we can get needed supplies.

Last head count had us at 40 people at the church, all other church members accounted for, so pretty good news considering the circumstances.

We appreciate continued prayers that the status quo will continue to hold.

I asked our Red Cross guy about any news from Lagrange and he hadn't heard of any "news" from that area that stood out, so we're assuming that things there are probably similar to here. We do still have two towns with no water though due to the pump stations being without power, both are good sized cities, so they need prayer too.

Thanks all and I pray everyone else fairs well tonight.

Thanks again for checking for me ASF! You are a great guy and I really appreciate your kindness.

I spoke with my wife this morning. She was able to run the gaslogs in the fireplace, but the blower wasnt functional. It did the trick temporarily though.

She said that the folks across the street had power this morning but hers is still out.

At least she will have somewhere to go today and maybe she can shower and recharge her phone.

thanks again!

Snyder, I'm thrilled to hear that your family is OK and has a place to stay warm until their power is restored. We are waking up to day 2 at the church shelter, everyone is in good spirits, but our food supply is in need of replenishing, if memory serves the Lord did some interesting things with fishes and loaves, lets pray that he hasn't forgotten how to multiply.

Rocky, that would be a good name, it seems though that it was Kentucky that got punked.

Snyder, I'm thrilled to hear that your family is OK and has a place to stay warm until their power is restored. We are waking up to day 2 at the church shelter, everyone is in good spirits, but our food supply is in need of replenishing, if memory serves the Lord did some interesting things with fishes and loaves, lets pray that he hasn't forgotten how to multiply.

Rocky, that would be a good name, it seems though that it was Kentucky that got punked.

LOL, the loaves and fishes sure would be a great miracle right now! I know my wife is very hungry. Cans of tuna and dry cereal only go so far! Her Grill was iced over and frozen at the tank connectors so she coulnt even use that yesterday.

I feel your pain down here in Lexington. I've been without power since Tuesday afternoon. My yard has been destroyed by downed trees. Today is my first day back at work and it feels like a vacation - I have heat and internet access here! I don't want to go home!

Update: Alright day 2 without power. Woke up this morning to a hot meal here at the church and immediately got to work, finally got to eat my breakfast about 12pm, our local radio station WPBK has done a fantastic job of getting the word out for us about the needs that we have here at the church shelter, our kitchen is now stocked with supplies that should last us a couple days or so.

We also got word that the Red Cross has activated a mobile kitchen that will be set up in our parking lot to provide hot meals to the community which should be up and running by dinner time this evening.

Good news all around, and we are starting to hear estimates of power being turned back on this evening or tomorrow, we can only hope.

Our neighbors the Southern Baptists showed up today with their Emergency Relief Kitchen! We are now able to feed several thousand per day if needed. They actually fed their first meal from there at 7:30pm this evening, with three more scheduled for tomorrow.

We currently have power in much of the town but the surrounding area in the county outside of town is expected to be without power for several more days. We are sheltering about 20 tonight at the church, but we the end is coming into view.

n540021845_1824420_8137.jpg

n540021845_1824423_9678.jpg

n540021845_1824424_165.jpg

Archived