Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock's top prospects by position

artmonkforHOF

Very good especially in coverage and during the skrape drills probably moved into the 2nd round.

I read somewhere that once he gets a chance to showcase his speed his stock will sky-rocket. My dream off-season would be to get an OT and DT with free agency and 1st round pick one way or another. And somehow land Freeman in the third. A guy can dream, right?

Who can say? Johnson won't weigh in at the combine for another month. Peppers measured 6'6 3/8" and 283 at the combine in 2002. Johnson is listed at 6'7" and 260 on the GT website.

Peppers put on at least 15 pounds for his last year at Carolina LINK when he trained for football instead of playing for the basketball team in the winter.

So, yeah, my asertion is that the 6'7" 260-ish DE coming out has a similar build to the 6'6" 283# DE when he went pro. Peppers is up over 290 as a grown man but he wasn't nearly as big then as he is now. We'll see. If Johnson is closer to 250 than 265 at the combine you may have a point.

Thats still 23lbs!!! Thats a big difference!

I like Tyshone Jackson. We need some bulk up front. And it seems he is the only true DE on the board.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thank you!!! He will compliment Carter big time as a book end DE. He can play the run and rush the passer. He is like a Justin Tuck who can play DT on passing downs! He has JULIUS PEPPERS BUILD UNLIKE MICHAEL JOHNSON!:D

I'd be siked if Oher can drop to us at 13, and then we pick up Clay Matthews with our 3rd round draft pick.

I like Oher, a lot. I think he has the potential to, over time, develop into a premier LT. If we drafted him we could let him get this bearings at RT for a season and then let him take over for Samuels at LT; he's that talented, IMO.

As for Matthews, he's a pretty surprising guy, as a freshman walk-on at SC. Plus, he's got unbelievable pedigree. I'm not sold on him though. At the NFL level he strikes me as a positional misfit. Is he a SAM? A plugger-backer? Can he be a hand-in-the-dirt DE?

At USC Pete Carroll and Nick Holt had him playing the "elephant" position, which, essentially, is a stand-up eight/nine technique DE. I think he would fit in really nicely with Arizona's hybrid 43.

For what we do defensively, I like Brian Cushing. Some draft guys had him falling into the second round; I'd be surprised if he lasts that long.

Oher has a ton of potential, but he's certainly raw right now. Looks like he could stand to bulk up a pretty considerable amount too. I think it's all but certain that Raji is gone before 13, but I don't know if I'm comfortable with Oher at 13 in that scenario, I think I'd rather trade down to accumulate more picks and nab Peria Jerry

You know who I'd like the Skins to get...

Mayock, as the Skins' Director of Scouting.

I am consistently impressed with his opinons and understanding of the intangibles that are required to succeed at the next level.

I like him better than Mel Kiper. Mayock covers the college game all year for NFL Network. You never see Kiper till this time of the season.Plus he knows his stuff. That would be cool if we could Mayock in the front office. You know damn well he would do it. He is an East Coast guy.

Kiper aint nothing but a bum from Baltimore.

Oher has a ton of potential, but he's certainly raw right now. Looks like he could stand to bulk up a pretty considerable amount too. I think it's all but certain that Raji is gone before 13, but I don't know if I'm comfortable with Oher at 13 in that scenario, I think I'd rather trade down to accumulate more picks and nab Peria Jerry

I think Oher was the most upside potential of any OT in the draft; he is really raw though, as you mention, especially in contrast to the more polished OTs in this draft class. I would take him at #13, if we keep that pick. Otherwise trading down and adding more picks to our modest four makes a whole lot of sense.

I like Tyshone Jackson. We need some bulk up front. And it seems he is the only true DE on the board.

I changed my mind about TJ. He's more of a run stopper than pass rusher. I really like the Virginia LB Clint Sintim. I think he could fill or surpass Marcus Washington's game. He can play two LB positions and likely all three. He can rush the passer and cover. I would be very happy to get him. He reminds me of Patrick Willis. I think TJ will go to the Dolphins at some point. DT Jarron Gilbert looks like a much better prospect IMO and could be had in the 3rd possibly.

I changed my mind about TJ. He's more of a run stopper than pass rusher. I really like the Virginia LB Clint Sintim. I think he could fill or surpass Marcus Washington's game. He can play two LB positions and likely all three. He can rush the passer and cover. I would be very happy to get him. He reminds me of Patrick Willis. I think TJ will go to the Dolphins at some point. DT Jarron Gilbert looks like a much better prospect IMO and could be had in the 3rd possibly.

Being a UVA homer i think Clint fits best in a 3-4 i love his ability off the edge. He was'nt asked to cover at all at UVA except the occasional zone drop. The whole week of practices i saw he struggled bad covering backs and tight ends he was the worst coverage backer by a mile.

Being a UVA homer i think Clint fits best in a 3-4 i love his ability off the edge. He was'nt asked to cover at all at UVA except the occasional zone drop. The whole week of practices i saw he struggled bad covering backs and tight ends he was the worst coverage backer by a mile.

Yeah, I was just reading how is struggling in coverage with the 43 defense at the Senior Bowl. I did read on nfldraftcountdown that he appears to be comfortable in coverage and is an everydown LB. Oh well, I did enjoy watching him in pass rushing drills and will keep on eye on him tonight.

:cheers:

Archived