Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins should approach this offseason similar to last year

gorebd82

I haven't started a thread or left a comment for a while because I got tired of the ridiculous way that ES members respond, but seeing all the posts being thrown around about the Skins/FA/draft made me feel like I had to say my piece to get back in the groove, even at the risk of the abuse. Sorry it’s a little long.

The Skins are going to have to approach this year's offseason very similar to last season in the sense that we don't have to be overly aggressive and should really get bang for our buck.

Everyone saw that the trenches were the biggest problem during the season on both sides of the ball. A lot of us are thinking that Haynesworth or Jordan Gross are possibilities that we should explore. Yes, they would be upgrades, but cost an arm and a leg. Haynesworth would be great, but there will be a lot of competition for him from teams with more cap space so we probably won't land him. Gross would be a great RT, but wants LT money. The logical response is that we'll get a stud in the draft, but bottom line is the draft is somewhat of a crapshoot so we have to cover our bases. We need to cut ties with some vets and make good value signings a la the Pats in their first SB season.

Keep Jason Taylor, Springs, and Jansen. I still believe we did not get to see a full strength Taylor. When he said he didn't earn his money, I heard someone with a chip on his shoulder. Blache should move JT back to the right side where I believe he'll be more effective than Carter, let Carter move to the left where his effort will matter as much as his production. Jansen pretty much can't be cut, but can provide good spot duty if someone goes down for a series or he might be able to move inside. Bring back Springs because of his versatility and leadership. We need more packages to utilize our DBs like having the cobra set with Springs, Horton, and Landry or having Springs, Hall, and Rogers at the corners.

We should cut ties with Washington because he can't get on the field, Smoot because he was getting killed and is our 4th best CB. As far as Griff and Kendall, I think those are cap based decisions. Obviously we need to resign Hall, and also Golston, Montgomery and Evans. Now that the fat has been cut, we need to bring in competition through FA and the draft. We should address every hole through FA because we have currently competent players, but not beasts. We should target promising players similar to Rabach who was behind in the depth chart, but starting caliber. Bring in an OG and an OT to fight with the Heyer and Rhinehart for starting spots. Bring in a DE and a DT to compete with Griff, Monty, Golston, and let Evans compete to be a starter at DT. Bring in an LB and a vet CB. All these positions can be brought in for the price of one or two major signings. We don't need a star, we need options.

As for the draft, we can't draft an OL or a DL just because. Everyone says that you never draft the first pick for need, you gotta go BPA or move back. That is why I can respect last years move. Even though we didn't get the rookie year production, we got good value and options to see who pans out. With McCoy for Oklahoma staying in school, there is no DT worth taking at 13. DT this year is like WR last year. No studs, but a handful of quality DL. OL has a few studs, but from my reading, there isn't a Joe Thomas or Clady. There are a bunch of RTs that would be suspect at LT. The best LT prospect is Jason Smith from Baylor, but he is a developmental guy from previously playing TE (sounds like Robert Gallery to me). We cannot spend the #13 on a RT being paid like a LT or a complete miss on a developmental guy. Plus, the best OLs will be gone if you look at the teams at the top of the draft. They have worse OL situations than we do.

So the best option is to trade back again this year. I say we stay at #13 only if one of the OT that we really, really like falls (very unlikely) or we decide we love a LB like Curry, Malauga or Laurinaitis. I think Malauga or Laurinaitis are athletic enough to play OLB and be groomed to replace Fletcher when he’s done. The option of trading back into the twenties can get us a second round pick or we can trade back into the 2nd and get more day two picks or another 2nd. If we trade back, I recommend using picks in the 2, 3, 4, and 5 (whatever picks we acquire) to draft competition at RT like a Loadholt, OG like Herman Johnson or Duke Robinson, at DT like Ricky Jean-Francois or one of the DTs might fall like SenDerrick Marks or Terrence Cody. We can also look at LBs or change of pace back, etc. But no matter what, we have to take BPA considering multiple needs with a first rounder. I don’t think we should spend the pick on a lead receiver, QB (even though some would argue that), TE, or DB. We might be looking at the #2 or 3 DT, a LB like Brian Cushing, or a playmaker like Percy Harvin.

Whatever we do with the first, use the next few picks to fill in the holes. Some people will rip me for mentioning Harvin, but even before another poster mentioned him, I considered Spiller because of the element we saw Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, and Sproles bring this season. We can build plays for Harvin as a hybrid player. Part of the reason people could shut down our offense was because there was no threat of the big play. Portis and Cooley are playmakers, but our only big threat is Santana so its easy to scheme. Cushing fills and obvious need and potentially start from day one or at least compete with Fincher and a FA for the spot. My concern about spending a pick in the 20’s on a DT is that we might be able to get a comparable player in round 2.

Bottom line is that we need options and thinking that drafting a DT or OT at #13 is not the solution to our problems. Zorn said a #13 pick will contribute immediately and I don’t see Buges or Blache looking at a rookie to be the savior. The best solution for the Skins are moderate FA, a LB or gamebreaking skill player in round 1 and then load up on DL and OL in rounds 2-5. Any thoughts?

Good points all around, and well said. From reading the first part where you said:

I haven't started a thread or left a comment for a while because I got tired of the ridiculous way that ES members respond

All I could do is nod in approval. I totally agree with the philosophy we've used that you gotta go BPA especially when it's a high draft pick that'll cost a lot. You HAVE to take as little risk as possible considering the value you'll need in return. The nice thing about picking BPA is, even if the player doesn't really fit in the system or is overkill, we can get something back for him from another team. For instance, if Fred Davis does well next year, his value will yield us great returns and give us options through trade. Even Cooley can be dealt if we know Davis can do the job.

That being said, I'm glad Vinny isn't so foolish as to have no compromise in this philosphy. We pick BPA, but we don't do it at just any position. The player has to play in a position that has to have some sort of percieved weakness on our team to even be considered.

I'm hoping we address Oline and Dline mainly through Free Agency but, as you stated, not with the big-ticket FAs. We shoud all hope we're fortunate enough to pick up more picks in the draft, and that some of the undrafted rookies we bring in pan out. I think more than anything, how we do in the later rounds with the draft along with picking up the right undrafted guys will be the key to this offseason.

One thing noone talks about that Vinny has done an excellent job at is filling up our practice squad with talented guys waiting in the wings. A lot of our guys were taken by other teams last season, so we have the reputation of getting good players noone thinks about in. We just got to find a way to get them to produce faster.

One thing I disagree with is Smoot. Having him as a 4th CB is an amazing luxury very few teams can afford. I hope it stays that way.

This is a nixe analysis. Sad to see that it dropped to the bottom of page 1. What I've started wondering is how big the dropoff is between the top OTs and DTs in the draft and the second tier guys. Especially when compared to other positions.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely glad to have quality discussions about the team. It seems like there is a dropoff as far as OL and that none of the DTs are worth #13. And I just wouldn't feel comfortable spending #13 on the 5th best tackle. There seem to be some DEs worth a pick that high, but that pick would be a waste if there's no push in the middle. That pick is way to high and expensive for a guard. Good thing is that the Skins have lots of direction we can go.

I am starting to like the idea of Harvin the more and more when I think about it because he's hybrid. Bottom line is our major weakness is explosive offense. Our offense would move last season, but come to a screeching halt outside of scoring range. An explosive threat could help just as much as OL improvements.

If Crabtree or Maclin fell to us, I would say no, but Harvin can be lethal in multiple facets. I was listening to Kiper on the radio today and he said all three WRs are in the top ten players of the draft so at #13 I don't think we could pass up Harvin to reach for a lineman.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely glad to have quality discussions about the team. It seems like there is a dropoff as far as OL and that none of the DTs are worth #13. And I just wouldn't feel comfortable spending #13 on the 5th best tackle. There seem to be some DEs worth a pick that high, but that pick would be a waste if there's no push in the middle. That pick is way to high and expensive for a guard. Good thing is that the Skins have lots of direction we can go.

I am starting to like the idea of Harvin the more and more when I think about it because he's hybrid. Bottom line is our major weakness is explosive offense. Our offense would move last season, but come to a screeching halt outside of scoring range. An explosive threat could help just as much as OL improvements.

If Crabtree or Maclin fell to us, I would say no, but Harvin can be lethal in multiple facets. I was listening to Kiper on the radio today and he said all three WRs are in the top ten players of the draft so at #13 I don't think we could pass up Harvin to reach for a lineman.

I wouldn't mind to get Harvin, especially to return punts. But there is no saying that Thomas or Kelly wont step up this year, which I think one of them will. But ARE has been a bust in my opinion and Harvin could definatley take his spot.

I wouldn't mind to get Harvin, especially to return punts. But there is no saying that Thomas or Kelly wont step up this year, which I think one of them will. But ARE has been a bust in my opinion and Harvin could definatley take his spot.

I could see both of them stepping up or at least one, but Harvin is a completely different type of situation. He would bring a different element to the offense. And say the other WRs don't come around this season, Harvin wouldn't have the same issues of confusion about routes, etc. Using him more like a change of pace back/WR/returner would be to get him the ball in open space and let him work. I am also completely open to the idea of Rey Malauga. My first choice would be to trade back.

That being said, I'm glad Vinny isn't so foolish as to have no compromise in this philosphy. We pick BPA, but we don't do it at just any position. The player has to play in a position that has to have some sort of percieved weakness on our team to even be considered.
So, in 100 words or less, can you explain picking Fred Davis at TE when we had Cooley, and 5 30+ year old linemen with Rachal and Pollak still available?

Just curious.

Yes I think that you will see a draft day manuver where I think either Carlos Rogers or Ladell Betts will be in a package for more draft picks. The rumor is that Jason Taylor will be let go sometime this spring. If we can get a defensive lineman through free agency it is going to have to be a relatively young player. I guess thats why Albert Haynesworth is so enticing. We are going to need a young player, top notch, that is willing to commit to a 5 or 6 year deal.

sorry you don't like feedback that doesn't validate your conceptions.

how about this....some of us grow weary of ES posts that have little strategy behind them and every appearance of kids moving playing pieces around a gameboard....keep player X..get rid of player B......

if you're going to label people and put forth your own rational...moderate point-of-view intended for reasonable discussion....then why not start with first principles.

- what should be the identity of this team?

- what are the primary constraints?

- what are the objectives?

- how should the objectives be prioritized? (e.g., win the NFCE, build to beat passing teams, build to shut down running games, build for ball control)

- in this context assess the team from the top down (i.e., do we have the right people in place to form and execute a strategy)

we get the part about some folks growing impatient with fans littering the place with negative/destructive posts. we have also seen, over the years, ten thousand pseudo GM posts. start at the beginning.

If we are going to take a ROT and make him a starter from day one, we are probably going to stay at #13. Obviously combines and individual workouts haven't taken place as well as FA, but moving back even a few places as of now will drop us in the 2nd tier of Tackles this year.

This team really needs a few veterans to step up and stay healthy and for some young talent to start performing as well as a select FA's to fill in key positions.

It's nowhere as gloom and doom as some might want to think, but after the optimism of the early part of the 2008 season, I can understand.

sorry you don't like feedback that doesn't validate your conceptions.

how about this....some of us grow weary of ES posts that have little strategy behind them and every appearance of kids moving playing pieces around a gameboard....keep player X..get rid of player B......

if you're going to label people and put forth your own rational...moderate point-of-view intended for reasonable discussion....then why not start with first principles.

- what should be the identity of this team?

- what are the primary constraints?

- what are the objectives?

- how should the objectives be prioritized? (e.g., win the NFCE, build to beat passing teams, build to shut down running games, build for ball control)

- in this context assess the team from the top down (i.e., do we have the right people in place to form and execute a strategy)

we get the part about some folks growing impatient with fans littering the place with negative/destructive posts. we have also seen, over the years, ten thousand pseudo GM posts. start at the beginning.

I am definitely fine with opinions that don't "validate my conceptions". I actually appreciate and look forward to them to offer a new perspective. That is actually how I came to even embrace the idea of a player like Harvin and the opportunities he can create for our offense. The beginning of my thread was more aimed at posts like "that's idiotic".

As for a lack of strategy or considering the identity of the team and wanting to be a pseudo-GM moving pieces like a game, my opinions and understanding of the situation is based on an pretty reasonable interpretation of the product presented on the field and the information provided by media and the organization .

It is quite obvious what our areas of need are and where we lack production. None of the suggestions made regarding current personnel is difficult to determine when you look at salaries, injuries, age, and positional depth. Marcus Washington, Griff, Springs, Smoot, Jason Taylor, ARE, Kendall and Jansen are the most obvious candidates according to most people. We obviously cannot shed them all at one time and I gave my opinion on who is most expendable.

Regarding my opinion on free agency is based on the need to fill holes in three major areas of our team (OL, DL, and LB) based on last seasons performance and likely cut candidates. Due to the change in philosophy that has been emphasized by Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder, my assumption is that the Skins are moving away from large free agent signing because they are comfortable with the overall talent on the team and look to complement with Free Agency and build through the draft. Because we only have 4 picks, a reasonable thought would be that free agency would be geared to address multiple positions for moderate prices. It also seems that Snyder wants to watch his dollar more closely considering the recent firings and the ticket prices remaining the same so he might be hesitant to throw out $70 million contract. If you look back at recent free agents, they have all been second tier, complementary players.

As for my opinion on the draft, that considers the areas that the team says we need to address or that lacked production. These are OL, DL, a scatback, maybe a LB. This is where consideration of team identity, constraints (such as salaries), and current pieces make a difference. The team identity has been made very clear by the offseason moves made last year and our philosophy should stay consistent.

Defensively, things remain the same as previous years, we believe in stopping the run and quality DBs to make plays. We have a top 5 defense and the element stopping us from being the best is a lack of push in the middle. Greg Blache has said that he would like a quick, penetrating 3 technique DT, but the only DT projected to be worth a pick in the top half of round 1 is BJ Raji who is short, stout and more of a nose tackle type that many feel could end up with a 3-4 team like San Diego. There is a second tier crop of DTs such as SenDerrick Marks and Vance Walker that fit the mold of what we need. Our secondary has received heavy investment so likely will not be addressed. As far as linebackers, London Fletcher has made it evident that MLB is the soul of our defense, but unfortunately he is undersized and 33. Grabbing a stud like Malauga would make sense for a stopgap at OLB because his athleticism and a long term answer at MLB. He also comes from Pete Carroll's pro system. We could also just address OLB with a natural player for that position to come in as a starter because no one has stepped up to claim the spot in Marcus Washington's absences.

As for considering our offensive identity, management has made that quite clear as well. Considering we are in a division with Eli, McNabb and Romo sits to pee, the Redskins have deemed priority number one to be the development of our first round QB. Strong defense and running have not been the key to winning our division because with such strong defense from our rivals, the lack of big play passing will always leave us behind in the scoreboard. To remedy this, the westcoast and QB teacher Zorn were brought in. This means the Skins are not looking for a change at QB.

We want to continue success running the ball so Portis will likely stick around. He can get banged up so Betts will likely stay around because he is proven. We want a change of pace back because of our lack of long runs. Considering the salaries tied in those two backs and the lack of any scatbacks projected in the first two rounds, we likely won't draft that position. We invested heavily in TE and have not roster room for another. We drafted big receivers last year to fit the west coast system, but got no production. Receivers can take a while to develop in the NFL, especially in a passing system like the WCO that depends heavily on reading defenses and technique. If the we don't get improvement from those two next season, our offense will continue to be limited in the passing game. We have some money invested in Moss and ARE, but ARE has not had the production to match his pay so he may be a casualty. With ARE gone, we would not have a lot of money tied into the position because the rooks were second round picks. The issue is that we don't want to spend more picks looking for a lead receiver before we see what we already have.

As for OL, the unit struggled as a whole, but injuries have been the main culprit and that comes with age. Jansen is done and Heyer has not performed as expected so RT is a hole. Kendall is our oldest lineman and cannot be considered as reliable going forward. Samuels, Thomas and Rabach are still quality, but need some grooming behind them. Obviously we would not draft a guard at #13 because it is too expensive. Currently, the opinion of most is that the big 4 linemen in this draft will go around the top 10. It is very likely that only one of those linemen will fall to us, if any at all. We would get the leftover. Also, the keys to line success are communication and technique, starting two rookie linemen would not lead to these results.

This leaves us with 4 options at #13, a DT, OT, LB, or WR. DT would be nice, but the only worthy player doesn't fit our job description and DT has a bust rate comparable to QBs and WRs. LB would be good because we would get either the top OLB or ILB according to projections and the player can come in to compete for a starting spot. Zorn made it clear that anyone drafted in the slot would be expected to contribute immediately. Considering the direction the team is moving and our biggest deficiency, it would be safe to assume our top pick also might lean towards improving our passing game and ability to create big plays. That can be addressed through improved protection or an explosive playmaker. OT would be nice if we feel right about the remaining option, but we would most likely get the 4th best tackle, but if we grade him better than our other options, then take him. As for WR, there are 3 deemed to be top 10 players in the draft. Crabtree is in the same mold as Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly so he does not make much sense. Maclin and Harvey are the explosive playmakers with return capability that could provide a spark. The problem is that with Moss, Cooley, Davis,Thomas and Kelly on the roster, there are not enough passes to go around, but we can't sit still and get the same passing results next season. This is why Harvin makes more sense than Maclin. He has ability to operate in the backfield as a runner and outlet option on passes. His versatility creates more ways for him to contribute and even lessens some of the learning curves of a pure receiver such as route running. Of course, there is always my preferred option of trading back and going through the same process with the player available at that slot, but a perfect storm needs to come together for two teams to swap picks.

So these are my opinions on how the offseason will be addressed based on my observations of our patterns, our team's performance, the state of the current roster, the players available via Free Agency and the draft, the information provided by coaches, FO, etc., and the overall philosopy of the team. I hope that you found this to be more thorough than my original post.

Yes I think that you will see a draft day manuver where I think either Carlos Rogers or Ladell Betts will be in a package for more draft picks. The rumor is that Jason Taylor will be let go sometime this spring. If we can get a defensive lineman through free agency it is going to have to be a relatively young player. I guess thats why Albert Haynesworth is so enticing. We are going to need a young player, top notch, that is willing to commit to a 5 or 6 year deal.

So, in 100 words or less, can you explain picking Fred Davis at TE when we had Cooley, and 5 30+ year old linemen with Rachal and Pollak still available?

Just curious.

Rachal was not on the board when we picked Davis.

And I'd say that the reason why we picked him was because Zorn probably had a need for a 2nd TE and that they felt that Davis was heads-and-shoulders better than anyone else there. The fact that only 2 OL went off the board should tell you something about what other teams though of the talent level of OL at that point.

I am definitely fine with opinions that don't "validate my conceptions". I actually appreciate and look forward to them to offer a new perspective. That is actually how I came to even embrace the idea of a player like Harvin and the opportunities he can create for our offense. The beginning of my thread was more aimed at posts like "that's idiotic".

As for a lack of strategy or considering the identity of the team and wanting to be a pseudo-GM moving pieces like a game, my opinions and understanding of the situation is based on an pretty reasonable interpretation of the product presented on the field and the information provided by media and the organization .

It is quite obvious what our areas of need are and where we lack production. None of the suggestions made regarding current personnel is difficult to determine when you look at salaries, injuries, age, and positional depth. Marcus Washington, Griff, Springs, Smoot, Jason Taylor, ARE, Kendall and Jansen are the most obvious candidates according to most people. We obviously cannot shed them all at one time and I gave my opinion on who is most expendable.

Regarding my opinion on free agency is based on the need to fill holes in three major areas of our team (OL, DL, and LB) based on last seasons performance and likely cut candidates. Due to the change in philosophy that has been emphasized by Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder, my assumption is that the Skins are moving away from large free agent signing because they are comfortable with the overall talent on the team and look to complement with Free Agency and build through the draft. Because we only have 4 picks, a reasonable thought would be that free agency would be geared to address multiple positions for moderate prices. It also seems that Snyder wants to watch his dollar more closely considering the recent firings and the ticket prices remaining the same so he might be hesitant to throw out $70 million contract. If you look back at recent free agents, they have all been second tier, complementary players.

As for my opinion on the draft, that considers the areas that the team says we need to address or that lacked production. These are OL, DL, a scatback, maybe a LB. This is where consideration of team identity, constraints (such as salaries), and current pieces make a difference. The team identity has been made very clear by the offseason moves made last year and our philosophy should stay consistent.

Defensively, things remain the same as previous years, we believe in stopping the run and quality DBs to make plays. We have a top 5 defense and the element stopping us from being the best is a lack of push in the middle. Greg Blache has said that he would like a quick, penetrating 3 technique DT, but the only DT projected to be worth a pick in the top half of round 1 is BJ Raji who is short, stout and more of a nose tackle type that many feel could end up with a 3-4 team like San Diego. There is a second tier crop of DTs such as SenDerrick Marks and Vance Walker that fit the mold of what we need. Our secondary has received heavy investment so likely will not be addressed. As far as linebackers, London Fletcher has made it evident that MLB is the soul of our defense, but unfortunately he is undersized and 33. Grabbing a stud like Malauga would make sense for a stopgap at OLB because his athleticism and a long term answer at MLB. He also comes from Pete Carroll's pro system. We could also just address OLB with a natural player for that position to come in as a starter because no one has stepped up to claim the spot in Marcus Washington's absences.

As for considering our offensive identity, management has made that quite clear as well. Considering we are in a division with Eli, McNabb and Romo sits to pee, the Redskins have deemed priority number one to be the development of our first round QB. Strong defense and running have not been the key to winning our division because with such strong defense from our rivals, the lack of big play passing will always leave us behind in the scoreboard. To remedy this, the westcoast and QB teacher Zorn were brought in. This means the Skins are not looking for a change at QB.

We want to continue success running the ball so Portis will likely stick around. He can get banged up so Betts will likely stay around because he is proven. We want a change of pace back because of our lack of long runs. Considering the salaries tied in those two backs and the lack of any scatbacks projected in the first two rounds, we likely won't draft that position. We invested heavily in TE and have not roster room for another. We drafted big receivers last year to fit the west coast system, but got no production. Receivers can take a while to develop in the NFL, especially in a passing system like the WCO that depends heavily on reading defenses and technique. If the we don't get improvement from those two next season, our offense will continue to be limited in the passing game. We have some money invested in Moss and ARE, but ARE has not had the production to match his pay so he may be a casualty. With ARE gone, we would not have a lot of money tied into the position because the rooks were second round picks. The issue is that we don't want to spend more picks looking for a lead receiver before we see what we already have.

As for OL, the unit struggled as a whole, but injuries have been the main culprit and that comes with age. Jansen is done and Heyer has not performed as expected so RT is a hole. Kendall is our oldest lineman and cannot be considered as reliable going forward. Samuels, Thomas and Rabach are still quality, but need some grooming behind them. Obviously we would not draft a guard at #13 because it is too expensive. Currently, the opinion of most is that the big 4 linemen in this draft will go around the top 10. It is very likely that only one of those linemen will fall to us, if any at all. We would get the leftover. Also, the keys to line success are communication and technique, starting two rookie linemen would not lead to these results.

This leaves us with 4 options at #13, a DT, OT, LB, or WR. DT would be nice, but the only worthy player doesn't fit our job description and DT has a bust rate comparable to QBs and WRs. LB would be good because we would get either the top OLB or ILB according to projections and the player can come in to compete for a starting spot. Zorn made it clear that anyone drafted in the slot would be expected to contribute immediately. Considering the direction the team is moving and our biggest deficiency, it would be safe to assume our top pick also might lean towards improving our passing game and ability to create big plays. That can be addressed through improved protection or an explosive playmaker. OT would be nice if we feel right about the remaining option, but we would most likely get the 4th best tackle, but if we grade him better than our other options, then take him. As for WR, there are 3 deemed to be top 10 players in the draft. Crabtree is in the same mold as Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly so he does not make much sense. Maclin and Harvey are the explosive playmakers with return capability that could provide a spark. The problem is that with Moss, Cooley, Davis,Thomas and Kelly on the roster, there are not enough passes to go around, but we can't sit still and get the same passing results next season. This is why Harvin makes more sense than Maclin. He has ability to operate in the backfield as a runner and outlet option on passes. His versatility creates more ways for him to contribute and even lessens some of the learning curves of a pure receiver such as route running. Of course, there is always my preferred option of trading back and going through the same process with the player available at that slot, but a perfect storm needs to come together for two teams to swap picks.

So these are my opinions on how the offseason will be addressed based on my observations of our patterns, our team's performance, the state of the current roster, the players available via Free Agency and the draft, the information provided by coaches, FO, etc., and the overall philosopy of the team. I hope that you found this to be more thorough than my original post.

need does not = identity.

we have had an interminable run of fill the gaps roster management...that never adds up.

I recognize the quality effort and thought you are putting into this. but what is the starting point?

I'm not picking on you....cuz I don't think the FO knows...and that is why you are walking down the path you have chosen. You can't answer the question because it starts, appropriately enough, at the top of the organization.

There used to be something called Redskin football. I have no idea what that is anymore...there is what the FO says it might be....but that is not what we see on the field. I think these cats have no idea...or rather shift every year based on draft/cap boxes they have created.

Archived