Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confirmed- Sanchez to the NFL

NAC386

They are announcing on ESPN that Sanchez the QB from USC is in fact entering the draft. I do not know where he is expected to be drafted because I've heard experts say anywhere from top 10 to top 20.

If he goes before we pick then that is 1 more top prospect that will still be on the board for us. If he is still available, I know there will be a few people on here wondering if that is our chance to snag a franchise QB.

So what do you think? Either way, it definitely works in our favor.

Does he really have potential to be a franchise QB though?

After watching his Rose Bowl performance and how he performed in other games this season I'd say he does. Mel Kiper is on right now saying he might end up being better than Matt Stafford.

Obviously you never know, but Mel Kiper seems to think he will be off the board really early.

After watching his Rose Bowl performance and how he performed in other games this season I'd say he does. Mel Kiper is on right now saying he might end up being better than Matt Stafford.

Obviously you never know, but Mel Kiper seems to think he will be off the board really early.

Cool, I didn't watch a lot of USC games this year but he did perform well in the Rose Bowl.

Cool, I didn't watch a lot of USC games this year but he did perform well in the Rose Bowl.

Yeah but Matt Lienhart looked great in college too, and that guy kinda sucks. So it's still a guessing game, I don't know if I'd spend a top 15 pick on a quarterback who is a 1 season wonder like Sanchez.

But like I said, every high profile player that comes out helps us get a better player at 13.

I really don't know. I think Matt Leinart was a better QBwhen he came into the draft...and you know how that's worked out so far. He seems like a similar type of QB to me.

Matt Leinart was more accomplished, but I like Sanchez more. He doesn't seem like such a...wimp. He also has a much stronger arm, unlike the noodle arm that Leinart has.

I'm not saying to draft him at 13 though, but I bet he helps one of those big OT or LB to fall to us at 13.

USC QBs have not been top of the line in the NFL as of late.

Carson Palmer? few pretty good/great seasons, can be a great QB if he gets a little help from his crap FO

Leinart?- Lazy A-hole who apparently is just happy with making it to the NFL and puts no effort forth in his improvement

John David Booty- probably a perrenial backup

Mark Sanchez?- I have my doubts along with anyone else. I hope he gets picked before us so we won't be tempted, and so there will be more linemen on the board

This guy has the Size, Arm Strength, Mobility, and Toughness to be a NFL qaurterback. I have heard that his system at USC was more complicated than Lienart or Palmers. He did not have the big game reciever such as Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett or Steve Smith. After defending him and think he could be a big time Qb i still dont like his inaccuracy at times and 1 year of experience. I say HECK NO. Rather look at someone like Josh Freeman in the 3rd.

If Jason Campbell wasn't black would some of you fools give him a chance to progress in this West Coast system....?

Some people just don't get it or have to play the race card whenever someone disagrees with them.

As for Sanchez, just because Leinart hasn't worked out so far, doesn't mean that Sanchez won't do well in the pros. Matt Cassell was a backup at USC and he did pretty darn well this year.

I like Sanchez. I think he has a stronger arm than Leinart and is more mobile. I agree with the post about him having less talent on offense compared to what Leinart worked with.

I would take him over Bradford and maybe even Colt McCoy. All that being said, I would prefer Stafford. He is the real deal.

Archived