Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Number 13 draft picks for last 15 years.

NoleSkin21

Lets look at what number 13 has produced over the last 15 years. Kind of a mixed bag of results. A HOF'er in Tony Gonzalez. Jonathan Stewart and Wimbley were great picks, and are solid young players. Jammal Brown is a solid tackle. Looking at this list I would love to trade out to later in the first and maybe accrue a 2nd round pick. Sorry if something like this has been posted already, the search function wouldn't work for me.

2008- Jonathan Stewart RB

2007- Adam Carriker DT

2006-Kam Wimbley OLB

2005-Jammal Brown T

2004-Lee Evans WR

2003-Ty Warren DE

2002- Donte Stallworth WR

2001-Damione Lewis DT

2000-John Abraham OLB/DE

1999-Troy Edwards WR

1998-Takeo Spikes LB

1997- Tony Gonzalez TE

1996-Walt Harris CB

1995- Mark Fields LB

1994-Joe Johnson DE

Stewart made an immediate impact this year. Carriker wasnt bad as I recall. Spikes was great in his prime. Abraham, etc.

You could do this for any pick in the 1st and it would be the same. 20% hit 40% bust 40% serviceable player. Although I bet theres a wierd number where its like 80% hit just completely flukey.

Stewart made an immediate impact this year. Carriker wasnt bad as I recall. Spikes was great in his prime. Abraham, etc.

You could do this for any pick in the 1st and it would be the same. 20% hit 40% bust 40% serviceable player. Although I bet theres a wierd number where its like 80% hit just completely flukey.

Yeah. It'd be a little more interesting to see the type of packages that this pick (and picks around it) have been traded for in the past.

I would love to have Stewart, but we need linemen.

I still think we need to trade down, this team has too many needs and is desperate for depth.

lets just trade down 15 times then we'll have 4 fifth round picks, 10 sixth round picks and 14 seventh round picks, yay depth.

how about drafting at 13 and getting a STARTER!

Yeah. It'd be a little more interesting to see the type of packages that this pick (and picks around it) have been traded for in the past.

im not sure about years past trades and everything but i thought detroit made a great trade last year when they traded their first (15) and 3rd (76) to Kansas City for their first(17), third(66), and fifth (136).

i think we need to do a trade similiar to this. just trading down a couple spots to pick up an extra pick and we still can get an elite player from the first round. I wasnt a big fan of trading our first, third, and fifth for 2 seconds and a 4th last year. we need to start selecting elite players in the first instead of just trying to get ok players later in the draft. i would much rather move down 2 spots to 15 this year and pick up an extra 4th or 5th round pick.

Keep in mind Walt Harris has been a pretty good player in this league (he had a lackluster beginning of '05 for us, everywhere else he has been solid to good). I'd say that list makes me feel a lot better about the player we'll be getting.

im not sure about years past trades and everything but i thought detroit made a great trade last year when they traded their first (15) and 3rd (76) to Kansas City for their first(17), third(66), and fifth (136).

i think we need to do a trade similiar to this. just trading down a couple spots to pick up an extra pick and we still can get an elite player from the first round. I wasnt a big fan of trading our first, third, and fifth for 2 seconds and a 4th last year. we need to start selecting elite players in the first instead of just trying to get ok players later in the draft. i would much rather move down 2 spots to 15 this year and pick up an extra 4th or 5th round pick.

I honestly still like our draft from last year on a talent perspective because we were able to get two guys who mock drafts had going in the first round (Kelly and Thomas) and one guy who mocks had going as a first or second (Davis). I mean, people on extremeskins were debating whether or not we should take him with our first round pick, and he fell to us at our original second round pick. We can debate back and forth about his knee issues, but I still like the pick.

I honestly still like our draft from last year on a talent perspective because we were able to get two guys who mock drafts had going in the first round (Kelly and Thomas) and one guy who mocks had going as a first or second (Davis). I mean, people on extremeskins were debating whether or not we should take him with our first round pick, and he fell to us at our original second round pick. We can debate back and forth about his knee issues, but I still like the pick.

o yea dont get me wrong i loved our draft last year and havent been complaining about our rookies one bit. I think their progression had alot to do with zorn not trusting them and i am definately not a rookie basher like most people here. I thought we had a great draft and i still think we did.

but hear me out. if we would have traded our 21 down to say 25 and picked up an extra fifth round pick. we could have gotten a fairly elite player possibly and then we could have gotten thomas or davis with our second. I believe kelly would have fell to us with our 3rd round pick because of his knee problems and then rhinehart was believed to have still been there for our other 3rd rounder we got from dockery. and we could have gotten tryon in the fifth or six.

I like the players, i just think the concensus was we draft most of them (kelly, rhinehart, and tryon) a little too early.

i just think if we did it differently we could have ended up with the same players and switched out one of our seconds to a guy with elite first round talent.

but hear me out. if we would have traded our 21 down to say 25 and picked up an extra fifth round pick. we could have gotten a fairly elite player possibly and then we could have gotten thomas or davis with our second. I believe kelly would have fell to us with our 3rd round pick because of his knee problems and then rhinehart was believed to have still been there for our other 3rd rounder we got from dockery. and we could have gotten tryon in the fifth or six.

I like the players, i just think the concensus was we draft most of them (kelly, rhinehart, and tryon) a little too early.

i just think if we did it differently we could have ended up with the same players and switched out one of our seconds to a guy with elite first round talent.

You keep saying "elite first round talent" but Vinny would've taken Devin Thomas at 21. I've read him quoted as saying that trading down was "giving up Devin Thomas"

Lets look at what number 13 has produced over the last 15 years. Kind of a mixed bag of results. A HOF'er in Tony Gonzalez. Jonathan Stewart and Wimbley were great picks, and are solid young players. Jammal Brown is a solid tackle. Looking at this list I would love to trade out to later in the first and maybe accrue a 2nd round pick. Sorry if something like this has been posted already, the search function wouldn't work for me.

2008- Jonathan Stewart RB

2007- Adam Carriker DT

2006-Kam Wimbley OLB

2005-Jammal Brown T

2004-Lee Evans WR

2003-Ty Warren DE

2002- Donte Stallworth WR

2001-Damione Lewis DT

2000-John Abraham OLB/DE

1999-Troy Edwards WR

1998-Takeo Spikes LB

1997- Tony Gonzalez TE

1996-Walt Harris CB

1995- Mark Fields LB

1994-Joe Johnson DE

To provide some perspective here are the picks at #14. Recently most have been pretty good picks with Revis, Bunkley, and Harris. We can definitely get some good value at #13 if we don't trade down.

2008- Chris Williams OT

2007- Darrelle Revis CB

2006-Brodrick Bunkley DT

2005-Thomas Davis DB

2004-Tommie Harris DT

2003-Michael Haynes DE

2002- Jeremy Shockey TE

2001-Kenyatta Walker T

2000-Bubba Franks TE

1999-John Tait T

1998-Jason Peter DE

1997- Reinard Wilson OLB

1996-Eddie George RB

1995- Ruben Brown G

1994-Bernard Williams T

You keep saying "elite first round talent" but Vinny would've taken Devin Thomas at 21. I've read him quoted as saying that trading down was "giving up Devin Thomas"

well yea thats kinda my point. Vinny is drafting guys way to early and not getting enough trade value for his picks. my point is that he has got to be smarter and just trade down a couple spots and get somebody with that "elite" talent and still get the guys he wants later in the draft since it seems nobody else has them ranked anywhere near as high. i really liked our picks but i just dont think vinny or anybody else in our front office knows where these people will be taken. i think we got great value for thomas and am suprised he lasted that long, i just think we could have landed a first round DE and thomas if vinny was smarter or studied more about where players will most likely be taken.

i think its great that we rank the players ourselves and only go off of our draft board, but at the same time you have to know where most other teams have them ranked.

Archived