Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best poster ever ?

Mickalino

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Art

I had a hard time deciding between voting for me or no one, but, I finally made the right call and voted for me. .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Actually Art, it looks like you voted for yourself 3 times...

Actually, make that 5 times, that Art voted for himself. That capability is just one of the benefits of being a moderator.

Tough call.

When you take into consideration the quality posts from Bulldog aka the reaper from the TSN boards he is number 1 IMHO

However comma Art's depth of knowledge in areas beside Redskins football ie politics rivals that of O'Reilly and Moi so he is 1A.

Hopefully the student will become the Jedi Master one day

With so many pics of hot women and clips of great sports plays....how on earth did we fall so much as to rate eachother on a poll? I know its slow now for skins news but cumon.......getting close to a cirlcle jerk in here.....:laugh:

Damn. :)

Special shouts out to ...

Plato, who made it okay to daydream;

Bill Shakespeare, who made it okay to say in twenty-seven circuitous, indulgently obfuscating words what could just as easily have been said in ten concise ones;

Gutenberg, who made it okay to fiddle with fonts;

Ben Franklin, who made it okay to purchase a surge protector;

Marconi, who first made it okay to tune in and turn on;

The Founding Fathers, who not only conceived and ultimately delivered a land where the pursuit of happiness is codified, but managed to wear powdered white wigs whilst doing so and NOT go down in history as powder puffs.

Everyone who has ever worn a uniform or lifted a hand in defense of said land, in the name of my right to sit here and spew this endless drivel;

Nora S., who said okay and let me touch her boobies when I was, like, 13;

Pigs, who said it was okay (or at least failed to grunt "uh, no") for us to put on body armor and chuck their bladders around;

Joe Gibbs, who made it okay to sing out in drunken delirium, "We're Number One!," and not look stupid;

Al Gore, who made it okay to spend way too many hours in front of a glowing box that let's you talk back;

Uncle Sam, who lets me keep my day job despite spending way too many hours in front of a glowing box that lets me talk back;

Blade and Die Hard, who, despite the excesses, made it okay to use the Executive Washroom;

Art, who was not only okay with sharing the Executive Washroom, then had the grace to openly chortle at some of the graffiti I left on the wall;

So many of you – and you know who you are – who make it okay to NOT try to name each of you, lest someone get left off due my proven propensity to do precisely what Plato said it was okay to do way back when;

Mick, who not only okayed putting my screen name on this poll, but was also kind enough to put it up top where it was sure to get more than its fair share of notice;

Those gentle souls who clicked on the button next to my screen name and didn't even cash the check yet. 90 days, ya'll;

Anybody who read this far.

And, of course ... mOm.

:notworthy

The best poster ever is easy, only problem is he's not listed in the survey. Sure he may have gone sour at the end or perhaps he didn't, sadly we'll never know for sure. But that's how he wanted it, his parting gift to us was an enduring and hopelessly unsolvable mystery-- a taco in our collectitve cyber faces.

Wacky only produced a scant 323 posts before he left us, the last of which was either the sickest or saddest post I've ever read (still scratching my head on that), but his genius endures.

Thanks for the mammories...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=10798

---------------------

I went with Om not because he's unquestionably the best poster, a strong case could be made on those grounds for everyone listed, plus a couple dozen more that didn't make Mick's cut. No, my decision was based on the simple fact that I wish I could write as well as he does.

God bless Wacky Ralph and God bless those of you who post intelligently, you know who you are. Without you we wouldn't even have these DAMN polls! :notworthy

Alas though......HERE is MY all-time favorite poster.

ffposter.html

Muchas gracias on the plaudits, amigos!

And bulldog's not getting enough love in that poll. His football analysis is top notch.

The bottom line here though is that we have a wonderful combination of 1) a very active message board (which many boards can claim), 2) a devoted (and relatively sizeable BTW - probably 30-40, if not more) core of posters, which fewer boards can claim, and 3) a nearly universal agreement among all who visit here to treat the board and each other with a good amount of respect, and that's the rarest quality of all.

I'd also point out that the guys like Die Hard, Blade, Buddha, Om, Art and others who oversee and administer to this board are absolutely outstanding in their work (even if Die Hard kills an occasional database here and there). Kudos to all.

Archived