Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt McCoy= The Man

Bhutanibeast

Not that impressive? He was probably more deserving than bradford for the heisman considering that texas beat Oklahoma in the head to head matchup. He is also is the leading rusher on what is arguably the best team in the country.

And no im not gonna start threads like this because tebow and bradford dont have the skills to go to the nfl like colt mccoy. and please do not compare colt mccoy to colt brennan. Brennan shattered records because he playing in a throw 98% of the time offense against crappy competition.

Texas is going to be better than 95% of it's competition. Yet it's Brennan that beat up on opponents? How can one possible blame the one QB for facing inferior competition and not the other?

I have seen 20 McCoys graduate in my lifetime. Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Coy Detmer, to name 3. Include Brennan if you wish. I just did not see too much difference between them. The odds he'll make it in the NFL are about the same as Brennans.

Texas is going to be better than 95% of it's competition. Yet it's Brennan that beat up on opponents? How can one possible blame the one QB for facing inferior competition and not the other?

I have seen 20 McCoys graduate in my lifetime. Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Coy Detmer, to name 3. Include Brennan if you wish. I just did not see too much difference between them. The odds he'll make it in the NFL are about the same as Brennans.

McCoy has produced good numbers even when he played good/great defenses, like Ohio.

I don't see what listing busts has anything to do with this...Every position has plenty of busts. You've yet to give an actual reason as to why he hasn't been impressive. What makes a QB impressive in your opinion?

I know right?:doh:

But I'm bored' date=' so I'll play the game. Lets say we did do this, how long would it take Colt to learn whatever offense the skins will be playing at the time? The never ending cycle of the relvolving door ar RSP would continue. I say lets steal a page from the Pats. Draft a QB, develop him, when he's ready or needed....play him. They make it look so simple and easy....dont they???:2cents:[/quote']

But the pats had good/great QB play before that said QB had to come in and deliver...and you make it sounds like drafting a Cassel and Brady happens all the time....

Colt Mccoy is expected to be then number 1 or 2 qb prospect in 2010 along with mark sanchez

Most that I have read and heard are that he would go somewhere in the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd if he came out this year. He should be the leading Heisman candidate going into next year and another big year could really bump him up. Scouts seem to question his arm strenth and size a little at this point (6'3" but only 205 lbs). He sure seems to dish out more hits than he takes though and he appears a lot bigger from his Soph to JR season.

But the pats had good/great QB play before that said QB had to come in and deliver...and you make it sounds like drafting a Cassel and Brady happens all the time....

FF, my point was that the Pats have been very consistant in drafting and developing their QBs. I'm talking factual. All of their QBs from Grogan to cassell have been QBs that they drafted. Remember Tony Eason, Tom Hodson and Hugh Millen?? Probably not, and thats part of my point. After Grogan they played with Eason while Hodson and Millen remained backups until they ultimatley drafted Bledsoe. They pick TB in the 6th round and he becomes their franchise QB, they draft Cassell who may wind up being their next franchise QB in the 7th round. They have never went and got a high profile name QB through FA.....that was my point. Their QBs were all drafted and developed by them. Is that a bad thing to do? I know it dosent happen all the time, thats why I used them as the example to steal from.

While everyone is drooling over the hot young QB like looking at bikinis at the beach, the Pats will probably be looking in the lower rounds for their next QB years from now. With the news of Brady not returning until 2010, they are set with Cassell giving them another year to watch and evaluate talent.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212197381.shtml

McCoy has produced good numbers even when he played good/great defenses, like Ohio.

I don't see what listing busts has anything to do with this...Every position has plenty of busts. You've yet to give an actual reason as to why he hasn't been impressive. What makes a QB impressive in your opinion?

He is a great college QB. No doubt. But besides the guys I mentioned that resembled him, there are also tons more who were first round busts, who played in pro-style offenses (he plays the spread) and had stronger arms (McCoy's is a huge question). So potentially, what you have is a college system QB with a suspect arm. Historically, these guys do not fare well in the NFL. His mobility does not even factor in favorably because the NFL needs guys who can throw (see Vince Young). Ultimately I just do not see him as "automatic", and I cannot see how anyone could rate him much different than Brennan. Time will tell.

We have a better Colt. And yes I believe that. Just cause he didn't play ball in a prestigious conference everyone wants to say he doesn't have it. But i don't care if you are playing high schoolers 70% completion for a CAREER is incredible. Not to mention the other 30 NCAA records he has.

Um, Colt McCoy just broke the record for highest completion percentage in a season.

Well, it would lead me to believe that he isn't highly regarded as a pro QB. You don't generally see big time college QBs go back to school when they have a chance at being a very high pick. Remember when Matt Leinart did it and everyone was shocked. Most of the time if someone goes back to school, it's because they know they're not going to be an early round pick.

Actually, Leinart was considered a very high first rounder, but the next year his stock dropped. If he had come out his junior year, he would've been the first QB taken off the board, and most likely a top five pick.

FF' date=' my point was that the Pats have been very consistant in drafting and developing their QBs. I'm talking factual. All of their QBs from Grogan to cassell have been QBs that they drafted. Remember Tom Hodson and Hugh Millen?? Probably not, and thats part of my point. After Grogan they played with Hodson and Millen and ultimatley drafted Bledsoe. They pick TB in the 6th round and he becomes their franchise QB, they draft Cassell who may wind up being their next franchise QB in the 7th round. They have never went and got a high profile name QB through FA.....that was my point. Their QBs were all drafted and developed by them. Is that a bad thing to do? I know it dosent happen all the time, thats why I used them as the example to steal from.

While everyone is drooling over the hot young QB like looking at bikinis at the beach, the Pats will probably be looking in the lower rounds for their next QB years from now. With the news of Brady not returning until 2010, they are set with Cassell giving them another year to watch and evaluate talent.[/quote']

Though I will say, the Kevin O'Connell pick was quite interesting.

I havent really seen anyone mention Graham Harrell. Is he going to stay for a fifth year? He had some impressive stats, 69.8 career comp% 143 career passer rating. I mean the guy threw for 309 yds and 2 tds against Baylor with shattered fingers. I work a lot of weekends and didnt get a chance to watch him very much, is there something i missed?

I havent really seen anyone mention Graham Harrell. Is he going to stay for a fifth year? He had some impressive stats, 69.8 career comp% 143 career passer rating. I mean the guy threw for 309 yds and 2 tds against Baylor with shattered fingers. I work a lot of weekends and didnt get a chance to watch him very much, is there something i missed?

The Oklahoma game!

If Jason Campbell does not improve next season, Terrelle Pryor would be my choice.
+

You can't be serious. Please tell me your joking. He can't throw the damn ball. He is a run first QB, he is basically Pat White, but not as good of a passer.

You guys crack me up with who you think can play QB in the NFL.

Actually, Leinart was considered a very high first rounder, but the next year his stock dropped. If he had come out his junior year, he would've been the first QB taken off the board, and most likely a top five pick.

Exactly, I used Leinart as an exception to the rule. I said that because we remember the example of Leinart because very rarely to QBs return to school when they are regarded as big time NFL prospects, Leinart was the one I could remember.

We have a better Colt. And yes I believe that. Just cause he didn't play ball in a prestigious conference everyone wants to say he doesn't have it. But i don't care if you are playing high schoolers 70% completion for a CAREER is incredible. Not to mention the other 30 NCAA records he has.

After the Fiesta Bowl, Colt McCoy's career completion rate is 70%. ;)

We really don't want Sanchez, aside from the Penn State game, he has the same tendencies we criticize in Campbell, he throws behind receivers, locks into receivers and is turnover prone. If and this is a big IF, we want to replace Campbell we should look at a guy like Chase Daniel, a guy who won games with no Defense.

Archived