Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt McCoy= The Man

Bhutanibeast

Ok whatever we do, we need to get Colt Mccoy. Unless Jason Campbell has an extremely impressive year and the redskins make the playoffs, the redskins need to do whatever it takes to get Colt Mccoy. The man can flat out play. Everyone who watched him play tonight saw a franchise qb lead his team down the field when they need him most. Thats what this organization needs- a leader.

Plus he can run

Ok whatever we do, we need to get Colt Mccoy. Unless Jason Campbell has an extremely impressive year and the redskins make the playoffs, the redskins need to do whatever it takes to get Colt Mccoy.

You do realize that we would probably need the first pick to get him, right?

You do realize that we would probably need the first pick to get him, right?

Trade up? Also, whose to say we won't compete for next years first round pick?...It's way too early to speculate now, but with the way the offense got progressively worse over the season it's not insane to think we could have a top 5 pick next year, especially considering we could have been a top 10 this year(tied at 8-8 but had better tie breakers).

If we're willing to give up a 1st, 3rd and 4th rounder for Campbell it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd love to get McCoy. If he's avaliable we should take him, but I doubt he will be.

Thats not necessarily true....Mark Sanchez, Matt Stafford, and Tim Tebow could be that year. Also, athletes like myron rolle, and Percy harvin so hes not an automatic number. Of course if he wins the heisman and plays like he did tonight for all of next year, he will definitely be worthy of a number 1.

But this guy is worthy for the redskins to make a ricky williams type deal. he will be worth it. Hopefully, we can get him for like an Eli Manning type price.

Thats not necessarily true....Mark Sanchez, Matt Stafford, and Tim Tebow could be that year. Also, athletes like myron rolle, and Percy harvin so hes not an automatic number. Of course if he wins the heisman and plays like he did tonight for all of next year, he will definitely be worthy of a number 1.

But this guy is worthy for the redskins to make a ricky williams type deal. he will be worth it. Hopefully, we can get him for like an Eli Manning type price.

I agree on Stafford, but not on the rest. i think McCoy shows more promise then them(with the exception of Stafford). If he preforms as good/better in his senior year if he does really come back then he will easily be ahead of Stafford.:2cents:

Ok whatever we do, we need to get Colt Mccoy. Unless Jason Campbell has an extremely impressive year and the redskins make the playoffs, the redskins need to do whatever it takes to get Colt Mccoy. The man can flat out play. Everyone who watched him play tonight saw a franchise qb lead his team down the field when they need him most. Thats what this organization needs- a leader.

Plus he can run

Trade up?

If we're willing to give up a 1st, 3rd and 4th rounder for Campbell it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd love to get McCoy. If he's avaliable we should take him, but I doubt he will be.

OK, he didn't say next years draft, but I guess it's implied. Why would we want to draft a new QB when we aren't sure of what we have in Colt B.? Is Zorn suddenly becoming Gruden and stock pile QBs? We probably will want to spend the next few years picking up an O-Line here and there. Besides, do we really have the draft picks to do this as we gave up so many for Campbell and a 2nd rounder for Taylor?

OK, he didn't say next years draft, but I guess it's implied. Why would we want to draft a new QB when we aren't sure of what we have in Colt B.? Is Zorn suddenly becoming Gruden and stock pile QBs? We probably will want to spend the next few years picking up an O-Line here and there. Besides, do we really have the draft picks to do this as we gave up so many for Campbell and a 2nd rounder for Taylor?

You're right. It was implied.

As for Brennan, I think he'll be decent in the NFL...but he doesn't have half of the upside McCoy has.

Also, if we tank this season there is a very good chance Zorn will not be here any way.

Taylor will only cost us a 6th round pick for next years draft. Not sure when the 4th rounder we gave up for Campbell is, but I know the 3rd was for that years draft.

I know this is kind of off topic...aka the draft but Is Matt Cassell worth trading for? Giving up a few picks for someone that proved he can play at the NFL Level with a decent long ball, but I don't think he's worth the guarenteed $14 mil with that franchise tag...

I know this is kind of off topic...aka the draft but Is Matt Cassell worth trading for? Giving up a few picks for someone that proved he can play at the NFL Level with a decent long ball, but I don't think he's worth the guarenteed $14 mil with that franchise tag...

Matt Cassel is a system QB...and I can't wait to see the draft Tim Tebow threads after this thursday:doh:

OK, since there are so many people who follow draft prospects so closely, what is McCoy's projection? I've heard a lot about Bradford/Sanchez/Stafford, but maybe I just haven't heard anything about McCoy because he's said he's coming back to school. Is he a highly regarded pro prospect? Or is he just another guy who looks great in a particular college system?

Archived