Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt McCoy= The Man

Bhutanibeast

Ok whatever we do, we need to get Colt Mccoy. Unless Jason Campbell has an extremely impressive year and the redskins make the playoffs, the redskins need to do whatever it takes to get Colt Mccoy. The man can flat out play. Everyone who watched him play tonight saw a franchise qb lead his team down the field when they need him most. Thats what this organization needs- a leader.

Plus he can run

I'm not a fan of guys how run the spread offense in college. I believe it really hurts there transition in the NFL level. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mack Brown's system at Texas is a one read system. Similar to what Cal runs. He would be more of a long term investment then a franchise type guy year one.

Can't we allow Campbell to actually be in an offense more then 1 season before we want to stary drafting other QB's?

reminded me a lot of Ramsey when he was in college. The same bounce to his walk if you know what I mean. Picking a QB is like picking a wife, you think you made the right decision but then you regret it later. Brennan Colt at least showed he was the best rookie QB in the preseason and showed something in the nfl level. I would stick with CB5

Trade up? Also, whose to say we won't compete for next years first round pick?...It's way too early to speculate now, but with the way the offense got progressively worse over the season it's not insane to think we could have a top 5 pick next year, especially considering we could have been a top 10 this year(tied at 8-8 but had better tie breakers).

If we're willing to give up a 1st, 3rd and 4th rounder for Campbell it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd love to get McCoy. If he's avaliable we should take him, but I doubt he will be.

Whatever, Ditka. Have fun with Ricky Williams...:rolleyes:

You do realize we're already short on draft picks and QB is not our most pressing concern now, right?

We have a whole bunch of senior citizens on our lines and whatever you may think about Campbell, he's gonna hold up a whole lot better than those guys.

Whatever, Ditka. Have fun with Ricky Williams...:rolleyes:

You do realize we're already short on draft picks and QB is not our most pressing concern now, right?

We have a whole bunch of senior citizens on our lines and whatever you may think about Campbell, he's gonna hold up a whole lot better than those guys.

first off, we obviously wouldnt give up as much as the saints did for ricky williams we wouldnt need to do so. And if you read my post properly, you would know that the whole scenario was talking about next year's draft right. We dont have a shortage of picks, i think were only missing 1, and if campbell sucks again next year, it most definitely will be a pressing concern.

Not that impressive? He was probably more deserving than bradford for the heisman considering that texas beat Oklahoma in the head to head matchup. He is also is the leading rusher on what is arguably the best team in the country.

And no im not gonna start threads like this because tebow and bradford dont have the skills to go to the nfl like colt mccoy. and please do not compare colt mccoy to colt brennan. Brennan shattered records because he playing in a throw 98% of the time offense against crappy competition. We all saw what happened against georgia and even in some of the preseason games this year. He didnt go 9 for 10 with 130 and 2 tds every game for us. Mccoy can run and throw with the best of them and has excellent accuracy.

Let me guess. University of Texas fan. Bradford's stats were better. The Heisman is based on personal statistics, meaning the best college football player in that particular year. It has nothing to do with who beat who. I won't argue that McCoy will probably have a better upside than Bradford or Tebow as a pro, but you never know. He can be the next Peyton Manning or the next Ryan Leaf. And one game against Georgia does not show the true skills of a QB. That's cherry picking and I could go back and research McCoy's bad games also. I think Hawaii as a TEAM had a lousy day against GA that day. And people forget that Georgia was the preseason #1 because that 2007 team was rising and rising fast. We see how good they really were/are. Just as bad a game as Hawaii had, you could argue GA had every cylinder churning that day. It was like the Redskins/Raiders SB. Do you believe the 83 Redskins would have lost to the Raiders by 27, nine out of ten times? Just one of those days.

We got the only Colt that we need. lol, don't let the Cult of Colt hear you guys falling in love with another Colt.

That's the last thing we need...imagine to cults for two different Colts and the confusion that would ensue. At least all the fans would be shouting the same thing..."START COLT!!!"

And by the way...NO. The second to last thing we need right now is a QB.

Archived